Jump to content

McCarthy in a must win today?


section314
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Snook said:

Did you see the defencesive scheme the 49ers were using on that play? They had the sidelines were blocked.

Running the ball, up the middle with 14 seconds left and no time outs, when you're down by six, is a very bad choice.

I don't care what defense people are in...

I am sorry, but no-one or nothing will convince me otherwise.

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Running the ball, up the middle with 14 seconds left and no time outs, when you're down by six, is a very bad choice.

I don't care what defense people are in...

I am sorry, but no-one or nothing will convince me otherwise.

 

I agree bad call but Dak took more yards than he should have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McCarthy and Moore are not the answer for this team.   They are not terrible, but they are leading the Cowboys to the SB.  What does Jerry do about it?  For one, he tries to hire Harbaugh, but he would have to work around the other issues.

Jerry and Stephen are pretty good at finding skilled football players, but they are aggressive on personality/discipline/behavioral issues.  They don’t draft the players that the Patriots would look for.   This was the Jets’ 2020 problem.  The players that the Cowboys draft are going to commit a lot of penalties. They have created the issues that bring them down.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Running the ball, up the middle with 14 seconds left and no time outs, when you're down by six, is a very bad choice.

I don't care what defense people are in...

I am sorry, but no-one or nothing will convince me otherwise.

 

I’m not agreeing with the play. I’m just saying that the outside, along with getting out of bounds, was shut down. They could’ve taken two shots at the end zone. Also Dak handed the ball to a teammate instead of an the official which added time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The guy doesn't deserve any more Superbowls after he let his ego get in the way when he fired Jimmy Johnson.  He did win another with Switzer but it's been a long time since then.

This is the truth. No great coach will go there when the owner is the GM. Parcels was the last one Jerry gave any autonomy to and he didn’t last long. He likes guys that do what he tells them to. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Biggs said:

Again they had a timeout to discuss it and he also has a mic in his helmet.  The HC can slow him down and remind him of the situation.  That's what the TO is for and the communications in the helmet is all about.  

I mean, if your stance is that the HC needs to babysit a veteran QB I guess that’s true. I don’t even buy that LaFleur needed to babysit Wilson like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, if your stance is that the HC needs to babysit a veteran QB I guess that’s true. I don’t even buy that LaFleur needed to babysit Wilson like that.

With a playoff game on the line the HC has an obligation to the entire team to make sure one guy doesn't screw it up.  Wilson shouldn't have been a starting QB this year.  Totally different position.

In case you missed it Dak Prescott a veteran QB had a bone head play in the same game and Mike McCarthy was seen covering his eyes on the sidelines.  

My stance is the coaching staffs in the NFL control everything.  They talk to the QB on every play.  They call timeouts to make sure everyone is on the same page.  Yes the HC has to babysit everyone in a big spot.  It's called management.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Biggs said:

With a playoff game on the line the HC has an obligation to the entire team to make sure one guy doesn't screw it up.  Wilson shouldn't have been a starting QB this year.  Totally different position.

In case you missed it Dak Prescott a veteran QB had a bone head play in the same game and Mike McCarthy was seen covering his eyes on the sidelines.  

My stance is the coaching staffs in the NFL control everything.  They talk to the QB on every play.  They call timeouts to make sure everyone is on the same page.  Yes the HC has to babysit everyone in a big spot.  It's called management.

Bizarre take that puts the onus for everything on the coach and seemingly removes all accountability from the players. I don't agree at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Bizarre take that puts the onus for everything on the coach and seemingly removes all accountability from the players. I don't agree at all.

How many times do you have to hear the BS about the culture.  The HC and GM's pick the players that play.  If they are willing to sacrifice descipline for performance that's simply part of the culture that the GM and HC are allowing.  

Player are accountable to the coaches and GM.  

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Biggs said:

How many times do you have to hear the BS about the culture.  The HC and GM's pick the players that play.  If they are willing to sacrifice descipline for performance that's simply part of the culture that the GM and HC are allowing.  

Player are accountable to the coaches and GM.  

In the macro sense, sure. If a team is routinely undisciplined and it's a recurring issue that's on the coaches/GM.

In the micro sense if a player does something dumb it's not the coaches fault he made a mental error.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

In the macro sense, sure. If a team is routinely undisciplined and it's a recurring issue that's on the coaches/GM.

In the micro sense if a player does something dumb it's not the coaches fault he made a mental error.

Unless a player is drafted or traded for who has a history of this behavior.   Look at Brown a few weeks ago in our game.  Anyone surprised?   They signed him knowing Brown's behavior was erratic at best.  Yeah, it's ultimately his fault.  But that issue does not arise on Tampa Bay unless the GM and HC signed off on the deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Unless a player is drafted or traded for who has a history of this behavior.   Look at Brown a few weeks ago in our game.  Anyone surprised?   They signed him knowing Brown's behavior was erratic at best.  Yeah, it's ultimately his fault.  But that issue does not arise on Tampa Bay unless the GM and HC signed off on the deal.

I would agree with that, but that's an extreme example that's very different than what we were originally discussing.

We were talking about Garappolo botching the QB sneak which is obviously a one off issue and not some pattern of incompetent behavior.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I would agree with that, but that's an extreme example that's very different than what we were originally discussing.

We were talking about Garappolo botching the QB sneak which is obviously a one off issue and not some pattern of incompetent behavior.

Call me late to the party.    Guess I did not follow the discussion closely enough.  My bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...