Jets Rookie RB In The Senior Bowl

I think we’re not that bad off in the RB position I kind of like some of our backs this past season even though so far disappointed in Perine who was a good player at Florida and I thought would be better in the NFL. But we can still use another back and the one guy I’m thinking about is Robinson from Alabama. He might be available in 4th round plus. When you see the good NFL backs playing in NFL from Alabama you think this guy has a good chance and he was SEC first team. 

9 minutes ago, slats said:

Wouldn’t bother me if they don’t draft a RB. I am curious about the FBs, though. I could see the Jets looking to find a jack-of-all-trades type. 

Ty Johnsons a goner. Perine too. Colemans fine straight ahead, but his knees turn jelly laterally. They need a 220lb fresh thumper ala Zamir White or whoever in the 3rd-5th. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Ty Johnsons a goner. Perine too. Colemans fine straight ahead, but his knees turn jelly laterally. They need a 220lb fresh thumper ala Zamir White or whoever in the 3rd-5th. 

Spiller out of Texas A&M would be an excellent pick and compliment to what we already have. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Yes he would. He can catch the ball as well. Question is, will he be there in the 3rd round. I'd hate to use a 2nd rounder on a RB. 

I think he goes 2nd.

He's also really nice as he split carries this season, so he doesn't have a ton of wear on him.

9 hours ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Yes he would. He can catch the ball as well. Question is, will he be there in the 3rd round. I'd hate to use a 2nd rounder on a RB. 

We have too many holes on this team to use a 2nd round pick on a RB, especially when we have a starter on a rookie contract in Carter.

I do think a 4/5th round pick on someone like Robinson would be great for this team and offense.  Personally Id like to have a bigger RB to complement carter as more of a bruiser.

• Upvote 1