Jump to content

OK, I'm done defending Becton


More Cowbell
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I've spent all season defending him from people calling him a lazy slob with no evidence of him actually being one.

That changes a bit when Douglas says he neds to come back in shape and somebody leaked to NFL network that rehab was going slow and then he started packing on pounds.  

Hopefully it lights a fire under his ass and he comes in to camp in the best shape of his life but as of right now it's a terrible look.

 

This is fair. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Not saying coaching staff saying us as in the fan base don’t have to defend or promote him just see what he brings to the table when camps start. If he reports to camp as the second coming of Jabba the Hut they will know then he will useless and then traded 

Hopefully JD is video chatting with him all offseason up until the draft to see if he's gaining weight. 

If they're going to move on, I prefer it's done before the value is gone. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Has nothing to do with ease. Weight bearing joint. 

The Jets could tell him to a kCal what his BMR is, and what to eat, what not to eat,  when to eat, and what NOT to eat to a precise level. I've lost more weight NOT working out than combining hard core HIIT and powerlifting, and that's as a guy in my 40s, not at 22. 

You actually don't lose weight lifting or "doing cardio". You lose weight by eating clean, not spiking insulin, being hydrated, sleeping, etc. 

He's a pig that doesn't want to be a pro. Good for us.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Jets could tell him to a kCal what his BMR is, and what to eat, what not to eat,  when to eat, and what NOT to eat to a precise level. I've lost more weight NOT working out than combining hard core HIIT and powerlifting, and that's as a guy in my 40s, not at 22. 

You actually don't lose weight lifting or "doing cardio". You lose weight by eating clean, not spiking insulin, being hydrated, sleeping, etc. 

He's a pig that doesn't want to be a pro. Good for us.

Wow so you know everything that he’s doing, what he’s eating and how much he’s gained. 

If your calorie intake is more than you burn, you gain weight. Does not matter how “clean” he is eating but I’d suspect a 22 year old kid with millions isn’t on a strict nutritional regiment. He should be but he’s likely not but that doesn’t make him a lazy fat big. 

Weird, I gain weight when I STOP lifting and cardio. And I lose weight when I train hard and manage my calories. Kind of accepted science. 

He’s an endomorph, he’ll always have a propensity to gain weight. I mean, look at the guy. 

But yeah, I’m sure he could just start living clean and get down to 340. Coming off a dislocated knee, torn cartilage and surgery. And not being able to properly work out. 

I’m just not that naive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Wow so you know everything that he’s doing, what he’s eating and how much he’s gained. 

If your calorie intake is more than you burn, you gain weight. Does not matter how “clean” he is eating but I’d suspect a 22 year old kid with millions isn’t on a strict nutritional regiment. He should be but he’s likely not but that doesn’t make him a lazy fat big. 

Weird, I gain weight when I STOP lifting and cardio. And I lose weight when I train hard and manage my calories. Kind of accepted science. 

He’s an endomorph, he’ll always have a propensity to gain weight. I mean, look at the guy. 

But yeah, I’m sure he could just start living clean and get down to 340. Coming off a dislocated knee, torn cartilage and surgery. And not being able to properly work out. 

I’m just not that naive. 

Nice 1970s anecdotal science. 😆 

 

I went from 300lb Powerlifter to 235lb tank by cutting out the gym and going VLC. 

 

Weight fell off me. Did it last year at 49.

 

When I was 22 (Bectons age) I drank every night,  smoked Marlboros, ate sh*t, didn't have millions on the line. And still managed to make it to 0630 Formation for PT and passed all my  APFTs.

 

Because I wasnt a lazy ****.

 

Arguing with you is fun!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Isn’t this the same Garafalo story that was overblown yesterday?

Yes. Just repeating and rehashing the same stuff for clicks. 
 

To be fair, I have no idea whether or not he’s sitting in his sofa eating deep fried foods and is 400 pounds or whether his slow rehab is not allowing him to train just yet. 

Nobody knows, just speculation. 

But it’s more fun to call a Jet a big fat lazy slob. Just like Q last year. 
 

Trade them both for a bag of balls. Lol. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nice 1970s anecdotal science. 😆 

 

I went from 300lb Powerlifter to 235lb tank by cutting out the gym and going VLC. 

 

Weight fell off me. Did it last year at 49.

 

When I was 22 (Bectons age) I drank every night,  smoked Marlboros, ate sh*t, didn't have millions on the line. And still managed to make it to 0630 Formation for PT and passed all my  APFTs.

 

Because I wasnt a lazy ****.

 

Arguing with you is fun!

I’ve been doing triathlons for 20 years. When I’m in training I maintain and lose weight. Can eat all I want. 

When I stop I gain weight. Weird. 

Sorry if anecdotes bother you. 

But you you you…you sound like Superman. 

6:30 am you say? Wow. I’m truly impressed. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nice 1970s anecdotal science. 😆 

 

I went from 300lb Powerlifter to 235lb tank by cutting out the gym and going VLC. 

 

Weight fell off me. Did it last year at 49.

 

When I was 22 (Bectons age) I drank every night,  smoked Marlboros, ate sh*t, didn't have millions on the line. And still managed to make it to 0630 Formation for PT and passed all my  APFTs.

 

Because I wasnt a lazy ****.

 

Arguing with you is fun!

Just dropped 40lbs myself with VLC. That's during the time of year my cardio gets cut back because of the weather. What you said about not spiking insulin and hydrating is spot on. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, freestater said:

Just dropped 40lbs myself with VLC. That's during the time of year my cardio gets cut back because of the weather. What you said about not spiking insulin and hydrating is spot on. 

What’s the likelihood that a 6-7 365 pound kid is doing VLC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Hopefully JD is video chatting with him all offseason up until the draft to see if he's gaining weight. 

If they're going to move on, I prefer it's done before the value is gone. 

I hope JD isn’t MB weight loss coach 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s funny dudes here comparing themselves to a 6-7 365 pound professional left tackle. 

I mean, do you even lift?

Seriously?? 😆 

 

My last USAPL meet I totalled 1530 with a 602lb DL. At 49. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, freestater said:

Just dropped 40lbs myself with VLC. That's during the time of year my cardio gets cut back because of the weather. What you said about not spiking insulin and hydrating is spot on. 

That's awesome!! I'm debating going full Carnivore for a while,  see how I feel. Been watching Dr. Ken Berry videos, people rave about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Eventually he will, once he figures out his second contract is coming up. 

 

23 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

What’s the likelihood that a 6-7 365 pound kid is doing VLC?

 

12 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I’m guessing that discipline will come with age. 

Tbh, can't see why we're going back and forth here. We seem to agree. 

Becton is undisciplined. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, freestater said:

 

 

Tbh, can't see why we're going back and forth here. We seem to agree. 

Becton is undisciplined. 

My point was that nobody really has any idea what’s going on with him. I’m not defending him, not dumping on him, just saying we don’t know. If he comes back in shape, great. No harm no foul.  If he comes back completely out of shape, I’ll be right there dumping on him. Kids can get in shape quicker than oldies.  

But it doesn’t shock me that a 22 year old kid that grew up in a crappy little poor town in Virginia with millions in the bank and coddled his whole life is not yet disciplined. 

I’m hoping he’ll get there and I’m not ready to call him a fat lazy slob because (i) we just don’t know and (ii) he’s not doing VLC. Hopefully he figures it out soon and gets with a program. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tristan Wirfs will be a 12 time All-Pro. It was such a longshot that he would fall to the Jets that I took that bet at 15/1. I could not believe my good fortune and the Jets good fortune when he actually fell to the Jets!! I was all but counting my winnings when Goodell walked up to the podium and said the "Jets select Mekhi Becton." I still can't believe it.... and I never will.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...