OK, I'm done defending Becton

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Yes. Just repeating and rehashing the same stuff for clicks. 

To be fair, I have no idea whether or not he’s sitting in his sofa eating deep fried foods and is 400 pounds or whether his slow rehab is not allowing him to train just yet. 

Nobody knows, just speculation. 

But it’s more fun to call a Jet a big fat lazy slob. Just like Q last year. 

Trade them both for a bag of balls. Lol. 

Wirfs is shorter and weighs 40lbs less.  Was injured and removed from yesterdays game.  If he was a Jet would he be a lazy, fat bastard too?

15 hours ago, ZachEY said:

The thing that resonates for me in this report is that someone from the Jets leaked that they “hope” to have Becton ready by Spring.  As in, he’s still not even close.

I have no idea what will happen, but I don’t see how anyone could be surprised if this is essentially it for Becton.

That's what's puzzling. What the heck happened to his knee? 

14 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nice 1970s anecdotal science. ? 

I went from 300lb Powerlifter to 235lb tank by cutting out the gym and going VLC. 

Weight fell off me. Did it last year at 49.

When I was 22 (Bectons age) I drank every night,  smoked Marlboros, ate sh*t, didn't have millions on the line. And still managed to make it to 0630 Formation for PT and passed all my  APFTs.

Because I wasnt a lazy ****.

Arguing with you is fun!

VLC?

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean, I have no idea, but in the realm of speculation, there’s plenty of people on this planet that are Mekhi Becton’s size.  I suspect you’re seeing why they’re much more likely to work security, where all they typically need to do is intimidate with that size, than actually use it in a sustained, effective way.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Is Christian McCaffrey lazy and does he hate football?  He missed most of the last two season with minor nicks and dings - a strained hamstring that was supposed to be a 2 week injury and ended up being 8 weeks - a minor shoulder injury that lasted weeks and on and on. Does he hate football?  Did he lose desire after getting his big contract?  I could name dozens of players that do not recover from injuries as expected.  How about we see how he looks next season?  

I mean I think a case could be made that since he signed his contract and started dating supermodels his commitment to football has waned a bit.

he is a bust -if you dont want see that or believe it that is up to you but he is just like Mims-accept it and move on-Joe had some monster misses "buiding through the draft" God help us if Wilson is not the guy (I dont think he sadly is)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Wirfs is shorter and weighs 40lbs less.  Was injured and removed from yesterdays game.  If he was a Jet would he be a lazy, fat bastard too?

60 to 75 punds less and came back into the game when he was clearly hurt because, wait on it, he wants to play football.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I think the Knee is probably fine now and has been for some time.

It's his weight now that's the problem.

My guess - his weight got out of control and was simply in no shape to step on an NFL football field.

I suspect that's what they're talking about with the spring thing - he's going to have to get back to fighting weight before they want him on the field.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

60 to 75 punds less and came back into the game when he was clearly hurt because, wait on it, he wants to play football.  

He is listed a 320, 40 lbs less

He tried to come back and left.   Has nothing to do with wanting to play, it's being able to play.  And not who you like