It Really Sucks that We BLEW The Great Receiver Class of 2020

JetBlue

I was happy we got Mims at the time, but I was campaigning for Mooney and Watkins later. Loved both of those guys as later picks.

Really frustrating that the one guy we took is increasingly looking like a major bust.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

This was my single biggest criticism of Joe D after that draft.  So many quality receivers and he takes Morgan and Perine but passed on a bunch of good receivers.

I think Morgan and Perine were 4th rounders though, no?  Were there still good WRs available at that point?  IIRC, they were pretty much gone by mid-2nd round.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think Morgan and Perine were 4th rounders though, no?  Were there still good WRs available at that point?  IIRC, they were pretty much gone by mid-2nd round.

Mooney went in the 5th, Watkins was a 6th.

Mooney instead of any of our 4th rounders would have been a massive improvement.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Gabriel Davis, Darnell Mooney, KJ Osborn, Quez Watkins to name a few.

Also James Proche who I was a big fan of.  He hasn't done a ton as a pro but he's coming along.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No, there weren’t.  

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Anybody that saw Perine play at Florida in person, like me, knew he was a complete JAG.

Nowhere near athletic enough to be a starting RB.

I have zero idea what the scouts were looking at….  Dreadful.

• Upvote 2

Mims would be a decent player if all he had to do was flys and Go's. LaFleur wants strong route runners. Unfortunately that's not remotely Mims' game. Fortunately, JD has a great chance to take another shot at it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

The Mims debacle is why I really wanted Joe to double, maybe even triple dip at receiver two years ago.

I am looking teams like the 49ers with Both Ayuk and Jennings, Eagles with Raegor and Watkins and just damn it sure would be nice to one those guys on the team.   Even guys like DPJ have contributed to their team on a regular basis.   The number of excellent receivers from that draft are too numerous for me to list here.  The fact that we came away with just one of them chaffed me then, and even more so now.  Of course I don't think anyone could have foreseen how ineffectual Mims would be.   With so many good receivers in that draft, the smart thing to do would to go with the strength of the draft from a talent perspective.  We definitely didn't need to pick a small school developmental quarterback, a punter, running back, especially when their was still mid round talent at receiver going into day 3.  I really hope he learned something from that draft, I really do. 

At any event I really enjoy watching that wr draft class.  They are lot of fun.  I just can't help thinking what if some time...  At this rate 2020 is really not looking too good for Douglass.  He did pretty good this year I think, but really has to hit a home run in this years draft for this team to have hope of having a contending team in two years. 

Reagor is garbage lmao. Was a pick befoee Justin Jefferson.

21 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Jeez, Joe Douglas shared his first draft with Adam Gase. No one will know exactly how much weight either had but we can assume that it was equal at best/worst. We know that the draft that Joe Douglas had on his own seems to be 1000 X better in a shot sample size. Chin up people

1585759143_Crusher-NoPersonalAttacks.thumb.png.4e142eaa0e893211a880bc56234f1089.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I was happy we got Mims at the time, but I was campaigning for Mooney and Watkins later. Loved both of those guys as later picks.

Really frustrating that the one guy we took is increasingly looking like a major bust.

Bust OR Major bust???

WTF is the difference?