49ers Scheme. A look into our future?

Jetfuel66

Watching the 49ers beat the Cowboys yesterday gave us a glimpse into what the Jets are looking to become. The offense was dynamic, running the ball well and using jet sweeps and motion to keep the Dallas defense off balance.
The 49ers defense had pressure on Dak for most of the game even when they lost Bosa and some other players to injury.
I was definitely encouraged. That was a tough environment to play in and the niners played well.
This gave me hope as a Jets fan. I love the schemes, especially on offense and I see a brighter future if we give this coaching staff time to let this team develop.

Just need a QB.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 2

31 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Watching the 49ers beat the Cowboys yesterday gave us a glimpse into what the Jets are looking to become. The offense was dynamic, running the ball well and using jet sweeps and motion to keep the Dallas defense off balance.

The 49ers defense had pressure on Dak for most of the game even when they lost Bosa and some other players to injury.

I was definitely encouraged. That was a tough environment to play in and the niners played well.

This gave me hope as a Jets fan. I love the schemes, especially on offense and I see a brighter future if we give this coaching staff time to let this team develop.

The 49ers didn't have Robert Saleh or Lefleur on their staff and they didn't miss a beat. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

People obsess  WAY  too much over what San Francisco does.  Just because something may be working in San Fran, doesn’t mean it will work here.  It’s all personnel driven.  

Also, Treylon Burks is not the second coming of Deebo Samuel.   Deebo is unique.   This comparison isn’t productive.   

Agreed 100% and I could argue the Cowboys lost that game more than the 49'ers beat them.

Wan-Dale Robinson is my poor man's Deebo is this draft, if we're forcing comparisons, he's the closest thing. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

san fran has a real GM and a MUCH MUCH MUCH better roster and better coaches-we got their left overs in Saleh and T coleman

The only thing the jets have in common with the niners at this point is they are both football teams

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Agreed 100% and I could argue the Cowboys lost that game more than the 49'ers beat them.

Wan-Dale Robinson is my poor man's Deebo is this draft, if we're forcing comparisons, he's the closest thing. 

Agreed.   Jimmy G did his best to hand that game over, Dallas didn’t take it.  

Also, Jerreth Sterns of Western Kentucky is a poor man’s version Wan-Dale….Lol.   

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah, those 14 penalties certainly didn't help their cause. Strong pass rush creates havoc in every shape and form for the offense. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I think Deebo's special because he's got the ability to make plays with the ball in his hands and he's got the frame to support getting fed touches, especially in traffic. I think someone like Robinson gets less touches because of his size. I could see the Jets continuing to take guys with leaner frames and wondering why they aren't hitting like SF did.

Burks isn't Samuel and shouldn't be put in the same role but he's the guy in this draft with that thick frame and YAC ability. It's one of those surface level comparisons that'll continue to get made. Very curious to see where Burks lands, how he develops, and how quickly the physical tools allow him to translate.

28 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I wondered earlier on if SF going for FGs instead of opting to go for it might come back to haunt them. I think they can consider themselves lucky it didn't.

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A great offensive line and running game and a dominant defensive line have absolutely worked for San Francisco and I have zero doubt that is what Douglas and Saleh want to build here.

Of course, a great offensive line and running game and a dominant defensive line works for anyone and isn't really specific to the 9ers, even if we're trying to emulate those schemes.

wanting to and having the ability to do something are very different things

• Upvote 1

I hope we end up more like Green Bay on offense.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Completely disagree.   Saleh has basically said a monkey could call the D.  They feel the scheme is everything.  It's pretty clear Shanahan doesn't believe that.  If he did Samuels would have been lined up as a WR on every play.  Shanahan makes huge adjustments based on personal.  He actually had a human being calling the defense.  

41 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, those 14 penalties certainly didn't help their cause. Strong pass rush creates havoc in every shape and form for the offense. 

The 49ers turned it over twice in 4th quarter, the Cowboys tried to get cute.  They screwed themselves on the DOG when they tried to draw them offsides and then the draw at the end of the game? Just bad...

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, derp said:

I think Deebo's special because he's got the ability to make plays with the ball in his hands and he's got the frame to support getting fed touches, especially in traffic. I think someone like Robinson gets less touches because of his size. I could see the Jets continuing to take guys with leaner frames and wondering why they aren't hitting like SF did.

Burks isn't Samuel and shouldn't be put in the same role but he's the guy in this draft with that thick frame and YAC ability. It's one of those surface level comparisons that'll continue to get made. Very curious to see where Burks lands, how he develops, and how quickly the physical tools allow him to translate.

I think Robinson is one of those unique athletic talents that is able to overcome his somewhat smallish frame, which lets be honest, there are smaller dudes putting out in the league.  He's bigger than Elijah Moore. 

The guy caught a school record in passes and yards (104 receptions for 1335 yards).  He was a transfer from Nebraska where he played more RB than WR.  134 carries vs. 94 receptions.  He's not breaking tackles like Deebo but I think he's pretty damn dynamic with the ball in hand and is a very explosive playmaker.  Like I said, a poor man's Deebo.  Just dudes who roll out of bed and can ball, no matter what you ask them to do, they'll figure it out. 

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

The 49ers turned it over twice in 4th quarter, the Cowboys tried to get cute.  They screwed themselves on the DOG when they tried to draw them offsides and then the draw at the end of the game? Just bad...

It was bizarre. But the DOG penalty was nonsense and bs. The scramble at the end was like, wtf are you doing? Even on that, ref didn’t start moving upfield until the play was over. He had no one around him for a good 30 yards cuz both teams had scrambled upfield already. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetfuel66 said:

The problem with comparing us to the 49ers is they have good coaches and players. The Jets? Not so much.

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I think Robinson is one of those unique athletic talents that is able to overcome his somewhat smallish frame, which lets be honest, there are smaller dudes putting out in the league.  He's bigger than Elijah Moore. 

The guy caught a school record in passes and yards (104 receptions for 1335 yards).  He was a transfer from Nebraska where he played more RB than WR.  134 carries vs. 94 receptions.  He's not breaking tackles like Deebo but I think he's pretty damn dynamic with the ball in hand and is a very explosive playmaker.  Like I said, a poor man's Deebo.  Just dudes who roll out of bed and can ball, no matter what you ask them to do, they'll figure it out. 

Not commenting on his ability to translate to the pro level, just the ability to handle sustained run game touches at the pro level - which is I think pretty unique to Samuel and his frame.

• Upvote 1