49ers Scheme. A look into our future?

Jetfuel66

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A great offensive line and running game and a dominant defensive line have absolutely worked for San Francisco and I have zero doubt that is what Douglas and Saleh want to build here.

Of course, a great offensive line and running game and a dominant defensive line works for anyone and isn't really specific to the 9ers, even if we're trying to emulate those schemes.

Look at the 49er high draft picks and FA signings over the last 10 years.  And the Eagles for that matter.  Lots OL and DL. Not all good.  Karlaftis could be our Solomon Thomas. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

The way San Fran creates pressure using just 4 guys up front is what we need. 

On the D/Defense

Arik Armstead

Nick Bosa

Javon Kinlaw

DeForest Buckner (traded)

Jimmie Ward SS picked 30.

On the OL

Mike McGlinchy (first round pick-ex Jet Tom Compton actually started)

Alex Mack signed.

Laken Tomlinson signed

Trent Williams signed.  

Big investment in the trenches by the 49ers.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

On the D/Defense

Arik Armstead

Nick Bosa

Javon Kinlaw

DeForest Buckner (traded)

Jimmie Ward SS picked 30.

On the OL

Mike McGlinchy (first round pick-ex Jet Tom Compton actually started)

Alex Mack signed.

Laken Tomlinson signed

Trent Williams signed.  

Big investment in the trenches by the 49ers.  

Not to mention players like Fred Warner in the secondary.

2 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

The way San Fran creates pressure using just 4 guys up front is what we need. 

Not 4, but 8. They actually mentioned that during the broadcast. We’re lucky if we have 2 players good enough to crack their DL roster.

I expect a major overhaul in the DL this off season. We need better depth. If not, that system just doesn’t apply enough pressure.

10 hours ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Watching the 49ers beat the Cowboys yesterday gave us a glimpse into what the Jets are looking to become. The offense was dynamic, running the ball well and using jet sweeps and motion to keep the Dallas defense off balance.

The 49ers defense had pressure on Dak for most of the game even when they lost Bosa and some other players to injury.

I was definitely encouraged. That was a tough environment to play in and the niners played well.

This gave me hope as a Jets fan. I love the schemes, especially on offense and I see a brighter future if we give this coaching staff time to let this team develop.

agreed. Now it wasnt alwasy pretty this season and they looked like hot garbage more than a few times. But i think seeing our small glimpses this year of carter and moore and hell coleman, there is a path forward that could be great!

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Hex said:

Not to mention players like Fred Warner in the secondary.

That is the key.  

SF has drafted OL, DL and S with most of their first round picks over the last 10+ years.  Premium picks were also used on WR-Deebo was 2nd, Aiyuk bottom of first. 

The LBs and CBS were later in the draft.  

The Bucs, Eagles and Ravens draft similarly, except you see the OLB/ILB more likely to be drafted higher on the 3-4 teams-yes, even the ILB.  

I believe that the JD’s view of this draft, from the Jets perspective in order to duplicate SF, will be to take OL/DL/WR high.  

Unfortunately, I don’t know if the Jets find their TE in the fifth round like Kittle.   McBride is their guy, and he will not make it to RD 3.