Jets O-Line in the Senior Bowl

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Depending on what the Jets do in FA, Zion Johnson should be a prime candidate for one of those 2nd rounders.

Instant starter at RG

Raimann is also interesting as a developmental OT. Seems to fit the wide zone scheme perfectly.

I'm not a big follower of college football, but BC has a history of producing good offensive linemen.

21 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I'm not a big follower of college football, but BC has a history of producing good offensive linemen.

By all accounts Zion is a great guy off the field so its great the staff will have a full week to interact with him (and the other players).  He is 100% a guard in the NFL but he did play his junior season at LT so he does offer some versatility in that regard.

If we keep McGovern, id love to see Zion picked with one of our second rounders.

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

Off topic here.......is Ferenz in trouble out there? Saw a story on ESPN this morning.

I don’t think so.  At least I doubt he’s in danger of losing his job.  I haven’t read the ESPN story, but the Cedar Rapids Gazette story that was the story that triggered all this is a bit misleading in the fact the the guy with the grievances didn’t share the views of the majority of the other people on the committee but he was the only voice provided.  No players, no committee members, just the main guy.  Also misleading in the fact it doesn’t talk about how it’s being reformed, just in a different form then the original. I’m to the point i would rather they move on from KF, but this is probably not great reporting by the original story authors, because it’s far from the entire view of the whole situation 

That said, the main issue appears to be his son Brian.  He is largely seen as the major issue now that the strength coach is gone, but KF won’t move on from him.  Brian is the offensive coordinator and appears to be in over his head in that capacity as well, so those things coupled together it’s pretty clear he should not be part of the program, but KF won’t fire him.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t think so.  At least I doubt he’s in danger of losing his job.  I haven’t read the ESPN story, but the Cedar Rapids Gazette story that was the story that triggered all this is a bit misleading in the fact the the guy with the grievances didn’t share the views of the majority of the other people on the committee but he was the only voice provided.  No players, no committee members, just the main guy.  Also misleading in the fact it doesn’t talk about how it’s being reformed, just in a different form then the original. I’m to the point i would rather they move on from KF, but this is probably not great reporting by the original story authors, because it’s far from the entire view of the whole situation 

That said, the main issue appears to be his son Brian.  He is largely seen as the major issue now that the strength coach is gone, but KF won’t move on from him.  Brian is the offensive coordinator and appears to be in over his head in that capacity as well, so those things coupled together it’s pretty clear he should not be part of the program, but KF won’t fire him.

Thanks, great summary and imput. Always a very tough spot to be in when things come down to your own blood. Don't envy anyone who has to make that decision. Sounds like it's the right way to go, though. Interestingly enough, BB's son is the D coordinator, or at least calls the plays, for the Pat's D.