The Dolphins are expected to stick with Tua in 2022

slimjasi

If I had to guess this probably has more with the difficulties surrounding Watson than them being enamored with Tua. If Watson is able to play again after whatever  paltry action NFL takes against him it's going top be a a huge issue with optics. Teams gonna take a lot of lumps for bringing him in. Only place I see him going is WFT, people already know they are trash and it'll be like,"Hmmm Figures!" Peferct place for him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Changes nothing.

What do you want them to say?

"Tua's a bum - We're going all in on Watson"

Hmmm - did u read the article?

this isn’t based solely on what the Dolphins are “saying” publicly. 

this is also based on what rapoport is hearing the dolphins actually want to do. Perhaps his sources are wrong, but this is more meaningful than a generic public statement from the dolphins on Tua. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Hmmm - did u read the article?

this isn’t based solely on what the Dolphins are “saying” publicly. 

this is also based on what rapoport is hearing the dolphins actually want to do. Perhaps his sources are wrong, but this is more meaningful than a generic public statement from the dolphins on Tua. 

I did read the article and I still don't buy it.

I'm not saying they're going to get him, but I can't believe they've simply given up the chase.

You're making it seem like if Ian Rappaport hears something it has to be true...Cause rumblings inside an NFL organization from unnamed sources are always true.

You don't pursue a guy like Watson as aggressively as they did and just give up on it for a limited talent like Tua.  If they loved Tua they wouldn't have bothered in the first place.

They might be saying the right thing because they're fearful they're not going to get him - maybe there are rumors about where he's going with Flores or whatever..

But I don't believe they've simply given up on Watson - and I surely don't believe because an unnamed source told a reporter that.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I'm not saying they're going to get him, but I can't believe they've simply given up the chase.

You're making it seem like if Ian Rappaport hears something it has to be true...Cause rumblings inside an NFL organization from unnamed sources are always true.

You don't pursue a guy like Watson as aggressively as they did and just give up on it for a limited talent like Tua.  If they loved Tua they wouldn't have bothered in the first place.

They might be saying the right thing because they're fearful they're not going to get him - maybe there are rumors about where he's going with Flores or whatever..

But I don't believe they've simply given up on Watson - and I surely don't believe because an unnamed source told a reporter that.

I don't know if it's true, but the guy who supposedly wanted Watson was Flores - who is no longer in the building. 

We'll find out soon enough. 

My impression is there are not that many teams interested in dealing with the PR headache associated with Watson. 

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don't know if it's true, but the guy who supposedly wanted Watson was Flores - who is no longer in the building. 

My impression is there are not that many teams interested in dealing with the PR headache associated with Watson. 

It all makes sense - the team needs to make nice with Tua, put the blame on Flores - but I just don't see them giving up that easily.  I don't think they'll end up with him - I just don't think they've given up on the idea - that's all I'm saying.

Yes, the PR backlash can be bad.  I, honestly, wouldn't want the Jets to get him.  Would be tough to root for the guy.

With that said, the NFL and ESPN have made it pretty clear they're going to put their full weight in support of Watson.

plus houston is hilariously asking for trade compensation that ignores all his civil/criminal liability- not only will teams take a pr hit but also the prospect of his suspension - and yet he will be traded at some point i’m sure - but not until houston gives up it’s 3 1’s plus 2 3’s minimum comp nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, FidelioJet said:

It all makes sense - the team needs to make nice with Tua, put the blame on Flores - but I just don't see them giving up that easily.  I don't think they'll end up with him - I just don't think they've given up on the idea - that's all I'm saying.

Yes, the PR backlash can be bad.  I, honestly, wouldn't want the Jets to get him.  Would be tough to root for the guy.

With that said, the NFL and ESPN have made it pretty clear they're going to put their full weight in support of Watson.

We’ll find out soon enough, but it doesn’t sound like anyone close to the dolphins thinks they are getting Watson.

the wind is blowing in the other direction. Smoke screen? Possibly, but I don’t think so 

6 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

plus houston is hilariously asking for trade compensation that ignores all his civil/criminal liability- not only will teams take a pr hit but also the prospect of his suspension - and yet he will be traded at some point i’m sure - but not until houston gives up it’s 3 1’s plus 2 3’s minimum comp nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yea, I am fascinated to see how many teams will actually be interested in giving up multiple draft picks for Watson. I wonder if the league will have to provide more clarity on what his discipline (if there is any) will be 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just like Dalton was the #1 qb for the Bears and giants are sticking with Jones.  

Never believe anything you hear between now and the draft 

Dalton was the #1 QB for the Bears. He got hurt and Nagy thought that Fields played better

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just like Dalton was the #1 qb for the Bears and giants are sticking with Jones.  

Never believe anything you hear between now and the draft 

Dalton was the number 1 QB for the bears - lol 

and the only reason people thought Jones was coming back is because the giants were leaning towards hanging onto judge  

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The only coach Watson waived his no trade clause was Brian Flores, I'd be completely floored if Watson would want to go there now that they fired him. Not to mention he has been in constant contact with Flores and is trying to follow him.

Here's how it went:

Flores: I want Herbert

Phins: We like Tua

Flores: Fine but if he sucks I want my own QB

*Tua Sucks*

Flores: Okay, Watson is on board - let's get our QB

Phins: okay let's go trade for them and try to get Watson to settle his suite.

*Watson doesn't settle and Miami's messages got leaked to the masses creating major backlash*

Flores: I still want Watson

Phins: We can't make that trade

Phins caught a ton of heat and had to move on from a good coach because they stubbornly took Tua when Flores wanted Herbert.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, I am fascinated to see how many teams will actually be interested in giving up multiple draft picks for Watson. I wonder if the league will have to provide more clarity on what his discipline (if there is any) will be 

i think he has served his suspension, even though its not official.

the guys sat out all year. will the NFL add more to that?

i have a feeling this case is going nowhere. this investigation is taking too long.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

If I had to guess this probably has more with the difficulties surrounding Watson than them being enamored with Tua. If Watson is able to play again after whatever  paltry action NFL takes against him it's going top be a a huge issue with optics. Teams gonna take a lot of lumps for bringing him in. Only place I see him going is WFT, people already know they are trash and it'll be like,"Hmmm Figures!" Peferct place for him. 

Ben raped 3 women “allegedly” and received a hero’s send off from the national media. Last time I checked no criminal charges against Watson and none accusing him of rape,

Watson will be fine 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Tua, Mac Jones, Josh Allen and Wilson.  

Which one is not like the others?

Honestly my first thought was Wilson, because he’s the worst of the 4, but then I realized one of these is much better than the others.

It took me a minute but I’m changing my initial answer to Josh Allen. Do I win?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Ben raped 3 women “allegedly” and received a hero’s send off from the national media. Last time I checked no criminal charges against Watson and none accusing him of rape,

Watson will be fine 

All true and  equally disgusting. Yet, thing are little different now. At end of the day you are likely right. 

• Upvote 2