Leonard Williams 

Adoree Jackson

Kenny Golladay 

Notable Trades

McCagnan

2015: Brandon Marshall for 4th round pick

2015: Ryan Fitzpatrick for 7th round pick 

2017: Rashard Robinson for 5th round pick 

2018: Sam Darnold trade up (#6 and 3 second round picks for #3)

Gettleman

JPP for 3rd round pick that became BJ Hill

OBJ for Jabrill Peppers + picks that became Dexter Lawrence and Oshine Ximenes 

Olivier Vernon for Kevin Zeitler 

2019: DeAndre Baker for #37 and 4th round pick 

Leonard Williams for 3rd round pick 

2021: #11 overall to Bears for #20 (Toney) and 2022 first round pick (#7 overall)

QBs drafted 

McCagnan

Petty (4th round)

Hackenberg (2nd round)

Darnold (#3 overall)

Gettleman

Lauletta (4th round)

Jones (#6 overall) 

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Big Mac passed on Watson and Mahomes for Jamal Adams because he had Christian Hackenburg on the roster, who never played a single down in the NFL and if I'm not mistaken, that has never happened in the history of the NFL to a healthy player.  I could be wrong, but I think I'm right, that Hackenberg is the highest selected player who was healthy and never saw the field.

Big Mac is arguably the worst GM in the history of the sport.

Yep.  Here you go.  Here's the list, the only one on here who's career wasnt ruined or halted because of injury was Christian Hackenberg.

The 15 highest-drafted players of the last decade who have never played a down in the NFL - masslive.com

Round 2, Pick 51: QB Christian Hackenberg, New York Jets (2017)

A one-time prized quarterback prospect from Penn State, Hackenberg showed little development during his time as a backup in New York. In 2018, he was traded for a conditional seventh-round pick to the Oakland Raiders, who waived him shortly after, negating the trade and making him a free agent.

Hackenberg briefly played for the Eagles during the preseason before spending some time with the Cincinnati Bengals practice squad.

He last appeared as a quarterback for the AFF’s Memphis Express.

Mac is worse, no question.

I honestly don't think he understood the very basic fundamentals of how to build an NFL roster.  

How can someone rise to the ultimate height of ones profession without even having the simplest understanding of how to do their job properly?  

It's very hard for me to believe this is the case, but I find myself having to ask the question - because I can see no other logical explanation for so many of the choices he made.

Maybe someone else can give me a more reasonable explanation? - Seriously

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

On one hand, MacCagnan missed on every pick for 6 years. He desperation traded for the 3rd best QB as a PR stunt after whiffing in Kirk Cousins. He literally made us worse than the Idzik/Rex fiasco.

On the other hand, Gettleman took Barkley, and in doing so left the Jets to choose Darnold over Allen. In one Swift move, Gettleman doomed 2 franchises…  with a “yellow blazer” rationale that he reversed the second he chose Daniel Jones.

From what I heard the Jets had Rosen higher on their board than Allen. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Taking safeties with your first two picks (one being the sixth overall) was hands down the dumbest ******* move by a front office exec, ever.

Mac was worse.

I’d take the safeties over Mehki Becton and Denzel Mims 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

Taking safeties with your first two picks (one being the sixth overall) was hands down the dumbest ******* move by a front office exec, ever.

Mac was worse.

And yet many here are pressing for JD to draft Hamilton at #4

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This wouldn’t shock me in the least.

It's actually a pretty interesting article if you haven't read it - but Rosen was 3 on their board.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/16/new-york-jets-sam-darnold-2018-draft

When the Jets dealt up to the No. 3 spot in the draft in March, they’d identified three quarterbacks—Darnold, Mayfield, and UCLA’s Josh Rosen—they were good with. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's actually a pretty interesting article if you haven't read it - but Rosen was 3 on their board.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/16/new-york-jets-sam-darnold-2018-draft

When the Jets dealt up to the No. 3 spot in the draft in March, they’d identified three quarterbacks—Darnold, Mayfield, and UCLA’s Josh Rosen—they were good with. 

Just a total indictment of Macc. You couldn't try to do a worse job.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Deciding that Mahomes and Watson couldn’t turn around the locker room culture and then trading up for Sam wasn’t great strategery 

gettleman just a garden variety failure oh his QB pick not working out

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

Deciding that Mahomes and Watson couldn’t turn around the locker room culture and then trading up for Sam wasn’t great strategery 

gettleman just a garden variety failure oh his QB pick not working out

What's worse is when he traded up - Rosen was likely the guy they had to be thinking was going to be the guy there..

Imagine thinking he was the guy to turn around the Locker Room Culture...ha!

4 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Mac was worse.

Especially when you have NO QB.  He sat pat with Fitzpatrick and passed on a draft class full of QB's.

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Especially when you have NO QB.  He sat pat with Fitzpatrick and passed on a draft class full of QB's.

If I remember correctly, Fitzy was already gone at that point.  They had Hackenberg, Bryce Petty, and Josh McCown on the roster.