Fitzmagic Is Different (Still Don't Want Him Back)

mebunn

48 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Doesn't  he own a Jet record for passing yards or TD passes in a season?

Yes he does   Regardless he is a terrible QB which speaks to the Jets inability to draft and develop a competent  quarterback than to Fitzpatrick’s talent as a signal caller 

I know his limitations, but i loved his guts. I remember him going kamikaze trying to score, putting his head on the line. He has no regard for his body when he runs from the pocket. You can't not admire it. You want a guy like that in your bunker, ( if not on your football team) 

34 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Yes he does   Regardless he is a terrible QB which speaks to the Jets inability to draft a competent  quarterback than to Fitzpatrick’s talent as a signal caller 

I don't agree. Someone who is terrible doesn't have a career this long. I would love to have a backup on the Jets as good as Fitz has been as a backup. 

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I don't get the hate so many people have for Fitzy. He was a long shot to make it in the NFL after coming out of the Ivy's, and carved out a long and prosperous career for himself.

Why anyone has a problem with that is beyond me.

Remember the circumstances, and how Jets Fans get emotionally invested in drafted QB's.

At the time, many of our fans thought Geno Smith was the next Franchise QB.  Just like Sanchez, Darnold, Wilson, etc.

Imagine if it happened today.  We sign some charismatic gutty gives-a-sh*t Vet, Wilson gets hurt, and the Vet goes on to have a great year keeping Wilson on the bench for the rest of that year and the next.  Do you think the Wilson-fans here would be happy about that?  Especially if the season, productive though it was, came up short at the end?  Do you think they'd love that old Vet?  Of course not, they'd think the Vet cockblocked the next great NFL QB.  

Combine with Fitz being a journeyman in the truest sense (played for everyone, so he's not "ours"), and then the front office mismanagement of 2016 and the massive injury load that season resulting in a horrible year, and there you go.

Of course, now that time has gone by, and Geno has proven he's a nothing as an NFL QB, most of those who were ultra-hot about Geno > Fitz in that moment (and that was the only choice, it was either Geno or Fitz, there was no real-world third option) now pretend it was never about Geno.  Same old same old, just like Darnold fans now pretend they never liked him either, lol.

Fitz and the 2015 Jets gave us the only truly entertaining, competitive season in the last decade.  He showed what a productive Offense looks like wearing Jets green, getting the last drops of NFL play from two end-of-career former great WR's (both of whom were effectively done in the NFL after 2016).  It was FUN.  I miss FUN.  Mangold, Fitz, that team looked like it liked each other and was having fun.  Very different that most other years these last 10+.

So that's why I like Fitz.   

I'll repeat what I always say:  I cannot wait till some drafted Jets QB can "suck" to the same tune that Fitz sucked in 2015.  

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Fitzmagic is Awesome and I'd take him back in a second! He is exactly the backup quarterback ZW needs. Not Joe f****** Flacco- 

Fitz has played for more teams than any QB ever in the national Football League. He's played in every conceivable offensive system. If you want a guy with experience to mentor your young QB look up at the picture of him. He looks like a damn Jedi Knight.

Have you heard of a guy named Mike White?

• Sympathy 1