Mike Mayock Fired!!

David Harris

8 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Think he did a good job

That may be the case but the poop rolls down the side of the mountain. Now on the other hand Bisaccia could be kicked upstairs but I'd doubt that Mark Davis would entrust him with the entire ball of wax.

Mayocks first round picks were horrible, but his mid/late round picks were great. 

First round picks 

Clein Ferrell

Jonathan Abrams 

Josh Jacobs

Damon Annette 

Henry Ruggs

Alex Leatherwood 

Also drafted 

Maxx Crosby 

Hunter Renfroe

Bryan Edwards 

Travis Mohring

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, NYJets43 said:

Mayocks first round picks were horrible, but his mid/late round picks were great. 

First round picks 

Clein Ferrell

Jonathan Abrams 

Josh Jacobs

Damon Annette 

Henry Ruggs

Alex Leatherwood 

Also drafted 

Maxx Crosby 

Hunter Renfroe

Bryan Edwards 

Travis Mohring

Agreed. Jacobs was really the only good one from the first round, unless you forget about Rugg's ordeal.

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

back to the future GIF

John Mara is going to hire Mike Mayock, Jim Harbaugh and then the Giants will trade for Russell Wilson.

And then have a WTF moment in the first round of the draft

Not to mention also picking up Watson on the way

20 minutes ago, NYJets43 said:

First round picks 

Clein Ferrell

Jonathan Abrams 

Josh Jacobs

Damon Annette 

Henry Ruggs

Alex Leatherwood 

Also drafted 

Maxx Crosby 

Hunter Renfroe

Bryan Edwards 

Travis Mohring

I would think Gruden had final say on all choices. Gruden was really the GM

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I would think Gruden had final say on all choices. Gruden was really the GM

What makes you say that?

I mean, yea, technically all coaches have a lot of the say. But the GM runs the scouting systems, and all of that. So while Gruden might have had sway in everything, it was probably ultimately Mayock's move.

13 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

back to the future GIF

John Mara is going to hire Mike Mayock, Jim Harbaugh and then the Giants will trade for Russell Wilson.

Why would Russell Wilson waive his no trade clause to go from one bottom 10 roster to another one? 

I genuinely don’t understand why so many people think the Giants are getting Russell Wilson. 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why would Russell Wilson waive his no trade clause to go from one bottom 10 roster to another one? 

I genuinely don’t understand why so many people think the Giants are getting Russell Wilson. 

Why would Watson want to go to the Giants either?

Nobody knows what goes through the heads of NFL QBs sometimes.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hex said:

Why would Watson want to go to the Giants either?

Nobody knows what goes through the heads of NFL QBs sometimes.

Agreed. Watson wouldn’t make much sense either (unless he has a lack of suitors?) 

these aren’t your “father’s giants.” 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Well I’m sure Jim Harbaugh wants to pick his own GM so this makes sense…

Yea, I was about to say that everybody thinks that Jim Harbaugh is more likely to be the Raiders coach than the Michigan coach next year.

12 minutes ago, Hex said:

Yea, I was about to say that everybody thinks that Jim Harbaugh is more likely to be the Raiders coach than the Michigan coach next year.

Still think Harbaugh winds up in Chicago   Highly rated QB on a rookie deal. Decent defense. Need to get an o line and they can be a respectable team  pretty quickly 

Warning to Joe Douglas...3 to 4 drafts is about what you get now in this league to turn it around...this draft better produce several impactful starters and the FA's have to be playmakers...and these players need to stay on the field...that's part of the evaluation and where the goalposts are for GM's in 2022. There can be no repeats of the 2020 draft.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Hex said:

What makes you say that?

I mean, yea, technically all coaches have a lot of the say. But the GM runs the scouting systems, and all of that. So while Gruden might have had sway in everything, it was probably ultimately Mayock's move.

huh? Groden hired Mayock and Mayock was working for him.

it was the same like Belichick on New England 

59 minutes ago, Hex said:

What makes you say that?

Cause the guy making $10 million per year gets final say. That IS why you are paying him $10 million per year.

2 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

huh? Groden hired Mayock and Mayock was working for him.

it was the same like Belichick on New England 

Well, technically Belichick is the coach and the GM, but I may be misunderstanding what you are saying.

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Well, technically Belichick is the coach and the GM, but I may be misunderstanding what you are saying.

Gruden was coach and GM , Mayock was there to get the title , do the leg work and leave all the big decisions for Gruden.

Pete Caroll has the same setup with the seahawks 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Disagree 

his constant scout cliches are annoying af and he obviously is just guessing on these prospects just like everyone else based on his track record 

You can make an argument that EVERY drafts talking head sucks but that’s not a lot of fun and I would say that Mayock was by far the best.  He was plugged in and earnestly tried and his top rated players often matched who actually got drafted.

I miss Mike Mayock from draft coverage and really hope he resumes his old role as a tv analyst.

11 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Warning to Joe Douglas...3 to 4 drafts is about what you get now in this league to turn it around...this draft better produce several impactful starters and the FA's have to be playmakers...and these players need to stay on the field...that's part of the evaluation and where the goalposts are for GM's in 2022. There can be no repeats of the 2020 draft.

Douglas only has 2 Drafts under his belt and has 4 more Seasons left on his contract. If the Jets go 8-9 and stay in the play-off hunt until Week 15 next year Douglas gets no heat at all.