Rumor of Harbaugh to Giants or Raiders

If he even flirts with the raiders Davis will throw everything at him.  Already rumors following the firing of Mayock that it may signal a move to allow Harbaugh complete control if he wants it.  They're going to interview a number of candidates, already put interviews in, but they'll outbit the giants in terms of what they're offering and control for sure. Its just if Harbaugh wants the job

Doesn’t really seem like much of  a choice honestly. With everything the Raiders went through they still made the playoffs. That’s a team that’s a team to win, no idea of their cap space or draft capital but seems like an easy choice. I think the firing of Maycock like someone just said  and speaks volumes of what they are willing to give him as far as control. Plus Vegas has that beautiful stadium and the Giants still have their little step brother living in their basement.

Plus I hope to God @Raideraholic is at home E mailing him by the hour telling him how amazing  the players he’s never heard of are on the roster  , 

• Haha 3

I don't think Harbugh goes to the Giants and I expect they will announce their new GM in the next few days or right after the games this weekend. 

The wildcard here though is Tisch. He seems to be getting involved in football operations which was never the case or agreement.

If he wants a splash name - that could turn things upside down.

Agree with Watson not going though - even with Tischs's involvement, I don't see the Giants going there.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If I were Harbaugh I'd prefer the Giants, assuming they give me full control and the money I want.

Raiders have to deal with Mahomes and the Chiefs and potentially Herbert and the Chargers for the foreseeable future.

NFC East sucks and is wide open at the moment.

Good point about the in-division quarterbacks.

Giants also have two top ten picks and a bit of a built-in 'redshirt' year with no expectations. 

• Upvote 1

The Giants are going to hold true to what Mara said and settle on a GM first. Assuming they choose one of the nine people they have interviewed, I seriously doubt that a 1st time GM would bring in a bigger than life personality like Harbaugh who left SF because of wanting more control over personnel . Only way I could see Harbough with the Giants is if they basically give him both jobs, which I doubt. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2022 at 2:44 AM, doitny said:

i would take Vegas if i was him. better roster, better QB. they can be back in the playoffs next year. i dont think you can say the same for the Giants

I agree but there's a certain arrogance with coaches where they like the idea of going somewhere that's on life support and turning them around

I really wanted Harbaugh to coach the Jets.  He is a proven NFL winner.  He turned the 49ers from a joke to a SB contender. When he left, they immediately went back to being bad.  He is the only name out there that provides instant credibility and the only proven winner a available.  I'd prefer he remain at Michigan now because the last thing the Jets need is a marquee coach in the AFC or in NYC.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2022 at 8:44 PM, doitny said:

i would take Vegas if i was him. better roster, better QB. they can be back in the playoffs next year. i dont think you can say the same for the Giants

He also knows Davis who will open up the checkbook and give him full control so he can avoid a bad GM starting a power struggle because he's bad GM

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

I agree but there's a certain arrogance with coaches where they like the idea of going somewhere that's on life support and turning them around

the only coach i seen make that work was Bill Parcells.

goes to a 2-14 team in NE with Hugh Millen. he drafts Bledsoe but there was no way in knowing before he got there that Bledsoe would have been available at 14th. 4 years later hes in the SB.

comes here and we had Neil O Donnell. takes a 1-15 team to 9-1 then 12-4 and a AFCCG with Vinny T. and in no way he could have know he could get Vinny T in year 2.

goes to a 5-11 Dallas and wins 10-6 with Quincy Carter. and Troy Hambrick was his leading RB. and he found Tony Romo.

someone who can make something out of nothing. he is the GOAT of HCs. not Belichick

• Upvote 1