Please forward this to board of directors of the nfl teams

Maxman

9 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Sounds reasonable.

The more teams with the #1 overall pick, the better.

LOL. So your team loses in the championship game and you get the # 1 overall pick. Hysterical.

• Haha 1

The NFL Refs are as bad as they have ever been, so I get the frustration fans have with them.

Instant replay has, in many ways, ruined sports. 

It rarely "gets it right" in ways everyone would agree with, it's changed how Refs Ref (they don't care, knowing replay will "fix it" anyway), and changes things from "what happens in real time" to "what happened in ultra-slowed down bullet-time", which has it's own negative results (esp. in calls based around possession or catches).

I'll be honest, I hate replay.  I'd ban it from both use as a Ref Replacement AND the Networks from showing plays over and over at ultra-slow motion.  Full speed replays only.  JMO.

• Upvote 2

What is right is Right.

But I have a better rule which eliminates some of the variables involved in the draft itself.

How about instead of giving the referee-impacted team the #1 overall pick for the upcoming draft, what about retroactively giving them the #1 overall pick for last year's draft?  This way if there is a QB bust at the top then a team could avoid that player (or those players).  The team that loses a player here could then be compensated with future picks.

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Just fine the ref a game check when he messes up a call.

Not severe enough.

Attaching electrodes to their scrotums in some kind of reality game-show is the clear and obvious solution.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Not severe enough.

Attaching electrodes to their scrotums in some kind of reality game-show is the clear and obvious solution.

Careful, some of them might enjoy that! ;-)  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Can’t they just fire the refs that suck like every other job on the planet? 

Well then all of the Pats and Bucs fans would rise up and sue the NFL until they were re-hired.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

[1] Increase challenges to 10 per team per game.  
[2] Successful challenges don’t count toward balance. 

How would that work, if unsuccessful challenges result in a lost timeout? Would each team get 10 timeouts?

17 minutes ago, Hex said:

How would that work, if unsuccessful challenges result in a lost timeout? Would each team get 10 timeouts?

In this highly hypothetical model, timeouts would not be tied to challenges.  

But a team that loses all 10 challenges, would be exposed to intentional fouls without penalty, so any coach that loses 10+ challenges in a game  wouldn’t last long in the league. 

And instead of throwing a flag, the mic’d up coach yells “Objection! (Roughing the passer)”. 

• Upvote 1