So I just taught my grandson

Dcat

My son is still too young to know anything about sports or what I am even doing every Sunday when he sees me screaming at the TV. 

I'm still debating whether or not to push the Jets on him. Making him a Jets fan feels like a sophisticated form of child abuse. I will probably just tell him that I like the Jets but warn him that they are usually terrible. 

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

My kids legitimately believe that New England's team is called the Cheatriots.

At this point, not sure I could convince them otherwise. Not that I would want to, of course.

This reminds me of story about my dad who was from Texas. When my older brothers were in grade school, they asked him to teach them the national anthem because they had to sing it at school.  Later on my mom got a call from the school saying the boys had gotten in trouble.  The teacher said they were adamant that the national anthem was "The Yellow Rose of Texas" because their dad said so.

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Lith said:

When he is a little older, I plan on teaching my grandson both the Jets chant, and the Dawgs sic' em chant.  I at least want to make sure he has a shot at enjoying Saturdays in the fall to offset what I expect to do to his Sundays.

You're all heart.? Do they have a dog? If so, three guesses about the name, and the first two don't count.

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I have told my dad this countless times. 

I begged for a Keyshawn jersey in ‘98 when I was 5 and didn’t really understand football. The 2002 Pennington led team sealed my fate. I was hooked. Two decades later and that’s the only division title I’ve seen. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

My grandsons, ages 7 and 4, have been referring to Met Life stadium as "the house of Pain" for years.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets moved into a new stadium called "Asprin Field"

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I begged for a Keyshawn jersey in ‘98 when I was 5 and didn’t really understand football. The 2002 Pennington led team sealed my fate. I was hooked. Two decades later and that’s the only division title I’ve seen. 

I’m in the same boat - except for me it was the 97 and 98 teams that sealed my fate. Fell in love and then found out the girl was a 47 year old man with a potbelly.