Texans “open” to trading pick 3

Rhg1084

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean the Jets desperately need an edge and have 5000 draft picks. It wouldn’t be worth it securing either Thibs or Hutchinson?

maybe they wont be there. maybe thats why there thinking of trading the pick. 

does Jax pass on one of these guys just because they draft one the last 2 years. if one is so great, can they pass him up and for who? the OL ?

no way Detroit passes up on one. they cant used a 4th 1st rd pick on the OL.

thing that sucks is we wont know until were on the clock and this deal probably gets done before. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

The fall off from Thibs and Hutch to the kid from Purdue is not sooo big that I would want to give up any other draft picks to get one of them over the other.  

I guess if there comfortable with the Purdue kid then no worries, I know he didn’t have a lot of sacks tho 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean the Jets desperately need an edge and have 5000 draft picks. It wouldn’t be worth it securing either Thibs or Hutchinson?

The Jets have 9 picks.

Considering we need TE, WR, LB, Edge, OLine, S, CB, RB and likely multiples of some--and we're not solving all that in FA and not all of them are going to hit--I want as many picks as possible.  

I'd rather go to the Texan's suitor and ask for a little bit less than what the Texans are demanding.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

maybe they wont be there. maybe thats why there thinking of trading the pick. 

does Jax pass on one of these guys just because they draft one the last 2 years. if one is so great, can they pass him up and for who? the OL ?

no way Detroit passes up on one. they cant used a 4th 1st rd pick on the OL.

thing that sucks is we wont know until were on the clock and this deal probably gets done before. 

Why not? Using 3 of them has had such great rewards.

Actually wait -- they did draft 4 of them. This would be their 5th OL pick in round 1 over 8 seasons if they pulled that trigger lmao. 

1. 2015 - #28 - G - Laken Tomlinson
  2. 2016 - #16 - T - Taylor Decker
  3. 2018 - #20 - C - Frank Ragnow
  4. 2021 - #7 - T - Penei Sewell

Like 2003-2005 when they drafted WRs 3 years in a row with their round 1 picks at slots #2, #7, and #10 so Joey Harrington would have elite wepponz to throw to. Then again two years after that; at least they finally landed an all-time great with a fourth top 10 WR pick in 6 drafts in Calvin Johnson, and two years later came Stafford.

Lots of yards, but not a lot to show for it in terms of team success, though. Three WC losses in a 6 yr span from '11-'16 was like their post-Barry heyday. 

What a bunch of ****ing idiots. But yeah, teh "super unit" lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

There is a scenario where JD would consider this. Say they have Neal (or Ikweno), Thibs and Hutch as the only 3 players they have in their Top Tier. Draft goes Hutch Neal....do you just take the Top of your next tier or give up a pick this year or next and go up 1 spot?

If an Edge is there I'd give up a 4th, if not I call the bluff and trade out with a team looking to jump the Giants. I like Neal but would be just as happy with Icky if Neal and the rushers are gone.

• Thumb Down 2

21 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

If an Edge is there I'd give up a 4th, if not I call the bluff and trade out with a team looking to jump the Giants. I like Neal but would be just as happy with Icky if Neal and the rushers are gone.

My post wasn't about what you would do. It is a scenario based on the Jets evaluating things a certain way. Names are unimportant, it is just that if they have 3 players in their top tier and one is gone, they might very well  move up for that person.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Origen said:

Thing about Thibs is all he has done is meet huge expectations all the way thru.  #1 high school recruit for college to now the probable #1 pick for the NFL.  That in itself is impressive.  If he was available at 4 I would not even wait for the timer to start counting down before sending in the pick.

He had 19 sacks in 3 years in the PAC 12.

• Haha 1