Source: NFL Divisional Round Now In Jeopardy - Covid Outbreak

15 minutes ago, Hex said:

You responded to somebody saying that Omicron was a mild cold with that stat. It's really unclear what everybody is trying to say though.

I responded to someone saying "Maybe they realize it's just a mild cold." in response to the theory that no COVID testing was done by the NFL for the playoffs.

The only reference to Omicron in his post was that he thinks that's the variant he might have got.  

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I responded to someone saying "Maybe they realize it's just a mild cold." in response to the theory that no COVID testing was done by the NFL for the playoffs.

The only reference to Omicron in his post was that he thinks that's the variant he might have got.  

That's why I was saying it's hard to tell what's going on; it's not that clear.

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Maybe they realize it's just a mild cold.

DISCLAIMER: I am fully vaxxed, boosted AND I got Covid (likely Omicron) on New Years.

Sore throat and sniffles for 2 days.  One of the mildest colds I've ever gotten. 

i don't wanna be that guy but a lot people have died from this so let's not act like it can't be very serious

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Wit said:

I’m sure the players are not going out or doing much of anything these days. The best weekend of football is this weekend. Don’t mess this up!

Yea, but you can always trust some person to be an idiot right before games start. It happens every year, although it seems all of the screw-ups happened in the regular season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Yea, but you can always trust some person to be an idiot right before games start. It happens every year, although it seems all of the screw-ups happened in the regular season.

I would be most worried during that bye week before the super bowl. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Hex said:

That's why I was saying it's hard to tell what's going on; it's not that clear.

I think the point was that since most of the Covid outbreaks recently seem to have symptoms associated with Omicron, it's likely the NFL has stopped testing or teams have stopped reporting positive tests (likely not).  Because it's the equivalent of a mild cold.

No one knows for sure what variant you get.

But it's pretty easy to figure out whether, for instance, you lose you sense of tase and smell or have shortness of breathe or blood clots in the lungs or the many symptoms presented during 2020 and early 2021.

When Omicron showed up, it was recognized as extremely contagious but symptomatically much less virlulent/problematic and--as reported when first found in Africa--much like a mild cold.

I have no idea whether I got Omicron, Delta, or whatever but I never lost sense of smell or taste, never had headaches, shortness of breathe or lung blood clots--never had anything but a sore throat and some sniffles.

So I'm guessing I got Omicron.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I think the point was that since most of the Covid outbreaks recently seem to have symptoms associated with Omicron, it's likely the NFL has stopped testing or teams have stopped reporting positive tests (likely not).  Because it's the equivalent of a mild cold.

No one knows for sure what variant you get.

But it's pretty easy to figure out whether, for instance, you lose you sense of tase and smell or have shortness of breathe or blood clots in the lungs or the many symptoms presented during 2020 and early 2021.

When Omicron showed up, it was recognized as extremely contagious but symptomatically much less virlulent/problematic and--as reported when first found in Africa--much like a mild cold.

I have no idea whether I got Omicron, Delta, or whatever but I never lost sense of smell or taste, never had headaches, shortness of breathe or lung blood clots--never had anything but a sore throat and some sniffles.

So I'm guessing I got Omicron.

Probably a good guess. It's spreading around my area a lot, but few people are really feeling it badly. Most people are fine after a day or two, from what I've seen

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Wit said:

I’m sure the players are not going out or doing much of anything these days. The best weekend of football is this weekend. Don’t mess this up!

Antonio Brown says hi.

22 minutes ago, Hex said:

Yup. Bring a chick (known primarily for licking toilet seats in order to get Covid) back to your room the night before a game.  

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Maybe they realize it's just a mild cold.

DISCLAIMER: I am fully vaxxed, boosted AND I got Covid (likely Omicron) on New Years.

Sore throat and sniffles for 2 days.  One of the mildest colds I've ever gotten. 

Go Away Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, jetsrule128 said:

Can I have some positive rep please 

Getting positive rep is easy; just about everyone on the site does it.  Getting nearly 375,000 points of negative rep is hard.  It is quite an accomplishment, wear it proudly.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Getting positive rep is easy; just about everyone on the site does it.  Getting nearly 375,000 points of negative rep is hard.  It is quite an accomplishment, wear it proudly.

I can't believe he got all that negative rep organically. I just get this feeling @jetsrule128 is a caricature burner account for someone on this site. 

15 hours ago, Warfish said:

If you are talking about covid right now, you are almost certainly talking about omicron, which is drastically different than delta or the original strain. 

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Hex said:

Probably a good guess. It's spreading around my area a lot, but few people are really feeling it badly. Most people are fine after a day or two, from what I've seen

Vaxxed and boosted and it felt like Mike Tyson used my chest as a heavy bag for about 5 days and still have a cough 10 days out.  My 27 yr old nephew in LA unvaxxed and is now borderline hospital admission after a week of disabling fatigue... a kid with no prior issues.  There are very few legit medical  reasons not to get vaxxed and boosted (but there are indeed some valid reasons for some people, but he is not one of them..  just an anti-vaxxer with all the associated political stigmas).  Worse, he spread it to his mother in the same house who is recovering from breast cancer.  She was vaxxed so her symptoms weren't as bad, but still.  I still can't get over that he lived in the house but refused to get vaxxed while his mother is recovering from cancer.   Can you get any more self-centered and selfish than that?  It is mind boggling. 

Stay well everyone.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

If you are talking about covid right now, you are almost certainly talking about omicron, which is drastically different than delta or the original strain. 

That's what he does.  

Clearly, while not out of the woods, we're in a much different situation now than 2020 and pre-Holiday 2021. 

• Upvote 1