Disturbing Karlaftis video.

OMA

Does not look like a pass rusher, but there is nothing wrong with that.

Some of the best pass rushers are not lighting fast or have uber moves they just have non stop motors and are smart.

Look at a guy like Crosby, good athlete but he is relentless and if he finds a weakness he exploits it.

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, undertow said:

All of these guys people are drooling over wouldn't have gone in the top 15 last year hopefully they can trade that 4 pick.

Exactly. I would take Phillips, Paye, and Azeez over all these guys. The penn state kid Oweh from last year is very similar to Ojabo and he went at pick 31. Wait to take one in the second and focus on other needs in the first. 

• Upvote 3

This really is a pretty weak Draft at the very top, isn't it?

Even the presumed top two guys, Thib and Hutchinson, aren't in the same class as a Chase Young IMO.  And then you get to the fact there's no QB worth a Top 5 or 10 pick and this thing falls off a cliff.   #4 feels like no man's land.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This really is a pretty weak Draft at the very top, isn't it?

Even the presumed top two guys, Thib and Hutchinson, aren't in the same class as a Chase Young IMO.  And then you get to the fact there's no QB worth a Top 5 or 10 pick and this thing falls off a cliff.   #4 feels like no man's land.

Except for Hamilton who’s the only top tier talent in the draft 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Does not look like a pass rusher, but there is nothing wrong with that.

Some of the best pass rushers are not lighting fast or have uber moves they just have non stop motors and are smart.

Look at a guy like Crosby, good athlete but he is relentless and if he finds a weakness he exploits it.

He doesn’t seem like a pass rusher because he didn’t get sacks.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GangGreened said:

I hate how weak this draft is. Naturally, it’s the year we are loaded with picks 

It may be for the best. Bulk up on o line TE and other harder to miss prospects with higher floors. 
I am interested in that kid who sounds like michah parsons. Otherwise keep building this offense first. Make the team exciting. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, PepPep said:

Lol at all the Karlaftis hate. Dude is 6'4, 265 and 20yrs old. His tape is great. You can tell he can still put on some muscle and if he does in the NFL he will be a perfect fit as a strong side end in Saleh's scheme. He's strong, quick, explosive, athletic, smart, knows how to use his hands, has a relentless motor and while his sack numbers dropped this year (probably because he was constantly double teamed) he was still able to pressure QBs. As a true freshman, at 18, he had 7.5 sacks. 18yrs old.  

Yes, overall this is a weak draft class. Yes, I'd rather have Thib. or Hutch. or even Neal. But that ain't gonna happen. You want to draft Hamilton. Ok. You want to draft Ojabo. I'm on board. But I think Karlaftis will be one of the good ones. Nothing in this tiny video clip tells me otherwise. 

Trading down may not be an option. In fact. I doubt it will be.  

People better get used to the idea of Karlaftis at 4, because I think there's a legit chance that it happens - especially if he works out well pre-draft.

He's already viewed as a top 10 prospect in many places, he plays a premium position, it's an area of real need for the Jets, and he seems like an ideal fit as a strong side end in a 4-3.

Unless something unexpected happens - like one of the other top edges falling - I think there's a decent chance that Karlaftis could be the Jets' pick if they stay at 4.

• Upvote 1