NY JETS Draft Targets @RB

Paradis

James Cook needs to be the guy.  I just bought a reprint of the Atlanta-Journal Constitution front page with a picture of James Cook being held by one of his linemen after his 67-yard run to set up the first TD agaisnt Bama.  It's awesome. 

Would be doubly awesome if we actually draft Cook.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

James Cook needs to be the guy.  I just bought a reprint of the Atlanta-Journal Constitution front page with a picture of James Cook being held by one of his linemen after his 67-yard run to set up the first TD agaisnt Bama.  It's awesome. 

Would be doubly awesome if we actually draft Cook.

Oh man I would love him.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/20/2022 at 11:13 PM, Paradis said:

I'll be interested to hear what you think. I had an early crush on him, but i've seen reeled it in a bit. I think he's going to be a change of pace guy. He's Rhamondre Stevenson without the dancing bear feet. The mitigating angle is FIU's awful oline

So I watched the entire FIU vs Texas tech game. This probably wasn’t a great one to watch for price because they were down almost the entire game. 

I came  away with a few thoughts. 

they line him up out wide a lot more than I was expecting and he actually does pretty decent out there. His route running isn’t very good, but for a rb I wasn’t expecting much. 

he’s good at receiving out of the backfield. When he has a hole (which was rare)  he’s good at making cuts and hitting it quickly. The FIU line is pretty trash though so on those red zone runs  he didn’t have a very good opportunity to be successful. In pass blocking he gives effort, but he definitely needs work. More than a few times guys either blew right past him or got off the block within a second. 

I watched parts of the Charlotte and WKU games and with the lower talent level on those squads he looked a lot better. He had better running lanes and got open on a more consistent basis while receiving. 

it was kind of hard to watch him because FIU was so bad up front and he didn’t have a lot of opportunities for big gains in that Texas tech game. For a late round pick I think he’ll be a good dart to throw 

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, BCJet said:

I think Brian Robinson will be available in the 4th round and he would be a great compliment to carter who can rush, catch and pass protect, plus he has very little mileage on him.

highly doubt he makes it to day 3. If he did, sure. 

2 hours ago, jago said:

the LSU kid looks like a good rumbler for inside runs.

I gotta tell you, the more you watch of TDP, the more you come away bedazzled. He's a rare multi-faceted 'back for his size. Hands are solid, knows how to engage contact, is a load to take down... there's a lot to love there. 

The most intriguing prospect to me is Kenneth Walker III. Not sure why he isn't being talked about? Probably because he is projected to go too early for the Jets to be taking a RB? But this kid is explosive and has the size and durability to be a 3 down RB, especially in a committee with Carter and Ty. He would immediately be the most talented RB on the team. Oh and by the way, the way he plays is a perfect fit for the system.  

Yea, sure why not post some highlights...

On 1/18/2022 at 8:14 PM, Paradis said:

Other late names/UDFA:

• FIU's D'Vonte Price - I go back and forth with him. 6'2 220, who plays like Blount. On paper he's the perfect match to Carter... but he NEEDs momentum. Gets stoned at the LOS too often
  • PSU's John Lovett - Was one of Baylor's best backs, then opted to transfer over declaring last year and got totally lost in the shuffle. Made for this running scheme tho (Arian Foster like)
  • Wazzu's Max Borghi - bit of a one trick pony; a one cut RB with short area agility. Really good a lulling LBs into false angles.

You check out Tyler Badie? He seems like a perfect zone running back and he’s great at receiving too

• 1 month later...

More sub 4.4 RB’s at the combine this year than the last 7 combined. I knew Hall and Walker were zone fits, didn’t think they were that fast.

Love MC, know the scheme is committee based, but I’d they can find a second guy (doesn’t have to be Hall or Walker - Strong, TDP, others would work) who can produce and be a home run threat and the two guys can keep each other fresh it'd be a pretty big boon for the offense.

I know some of the top backs in the league just get used a ton but the way the Saints use Kamara is pretty great. The running back position is probably the cheapest way to find a guy who moves the needle for the offense these days. Would certainly help Wilson to have an improved run game and a dump off option who can create too.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...