RUMOR: Jets want to trade #10

Jets Trade Rumors: NY Would Prefer to Deal No. 10 Pick in 2022 NFL Draft

DORIC SAM
JANUARY 19, 2022

The New York Jets are sitting pretty in the 2022 NFL Draft with two top-10 picks, but the team reportedly might seek to deal one of them.

According to Ralph Vacchiano of SNY, the Jets are open to trading the No. 10 pick in hopes of acquiring more assets.

"It's too early to know anything, but I've heard rumblings that the Jets prefer to trade this pick if they can," Vacchiano wrote.

New York will also pick at No. 4, making its second selection somewhat expendable for the right price.

Vacchiano pointed out that the Jets could use the pick to land a star player, but he believes the more likely scenario is that they try to add another first-round selection.

"And while they could use it to bring back a player (like, maybe a No. 1 receiver), I think it’s more likely they trade down and see if they can pick up an extra No. 1 pick for next year," Vacchiano wrote.

The 2022 draft is light on quarterback prospects, so if they start to fall the Jets would be in prime position to strike a deal with a desperate team. Vacchiano used the Chicago Bears trading up with the New York Giants to select Justin Fields in last year's draft as an example.

The upcoming draft will be crucial to the Jets' improvement going forward. New York owns nine picks, with four selections in the top 38, so general manager Joe Douglas will have to bring in the right players that will create a foundation for the team for years to come. That's easier said than done with a franchise that is known for draft-day blunders.

The Jets went 4-13 this season and finished in last place in the AFC East. Rookie quarterback Zach Wilson, last year's No. 2 overall pick, got off to a rough start but finished strong with no interceptions in his final five games.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Fred "Slappy" McGee from the Gorgonzola Gazette says that the Jets are willing to make the pick at 4, trade up, or down. The same with the 10th pick and any pick in the early, mid, or late rounds. Rumor also has it that JD will be very active in his pursuit of the best free agents. Will try to sign the best free agents that fit the scheme and stay away from players who will not contribute to winning football.

"It's too early to know anything, but I've heard rumblings that the Jets prefer to trade this pick if they can, but will also consider trading up, or even taking a player when on the clock." McGee wrote.

It's a rumor as advertised in the the title in case you missed that part. You must be new to the offseason if you're not used to this kind of thing. Welcome! This is the the time of year where everyone posts insane amounts of articles linking us to every player you could possibly name on 2 hands. Everyone spectacles what they're going to do and mostly everyone is way off. Its the funnest time of year 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

DORIC SAM
JANUARY 19, 2022

The New York Jets are sitting pretty in the 2022 NFL Draft with two top-10 picks, but the team reportedly might seek to deal one of them.

According to Ralph Vacchiano of SNY, the Jets are open to trading the No. 10 pick in hopes of acquiring more assets.

"It's too early to know anything, but I've heard rumblings that the Jets prefer to trade this pick if they can," Vacchiano wrote.

New York will also pick at No. 4, making its second selection somewhat expendable for the right price.

Vacchiano pointed out that the Jets could use the pick to land a star player, but he believes the more likely scenario is that they try to add another first-round selection.

"And while they could use it to bring back a player (like, maybe a No. 1 receiver), I think it’s more likely they trade down and see if they can pick up an extra No. 1 pick for next year," Vacchiano wrote.

The 2022 draft is light on quarterback prospects, so if they start to fall the Jets would be in prime position to strike a deal with a desperate team. Vacchiano used the Chicago Bears trading up with the New York Giants to select Justin Fields in last year's draft as an example.

The upcoming draft will be crucial to the Jets' improvement going forward. New York owns nine picks, with four selections in the top 38, so general manager Joe Douglas will have to bring in the right players that will create a foundation for the team for years to come. That's easier said than done with a franchise that is known for draft-day blunders.

The Jets went 4-13 this season and finished in last place in the AFC East. Rookie quarterback Zach Wilson, last year's No. 2 overall pick, got off to a rough start but finished strong with no interceptions in his final five games.

The title of the thread made me think they put Berrios on the market. Maybe I'm dense, but that's the first thing I thought.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

DORIC SAM
JANUARY 19, 2022

5 hours ago, Team archer said:

Too bad this draft class is cheeks

Just means that the GMs and scouts have to work that bit harder to make sure they identify the talent that is out there.

We often criticized Macc for making the "easy pick" in Round 1 - the guy everyone had listed as the "best player in the draft". A good GM will be able to find those guys even without a consensus among the talking heads and fan forums.

It's time for JD to show us what he is made of. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Fred "Slappy" McGee from the Gorgonzola Gazette says that the Jets are willing to make the pick at 4, trade up, or down. The same with the 10th pick and any pick in the early, mid, or late rounds. Rumor also has it that JD will be very active in his pursuit of the best free agents. Will try to sign the best free agents that fit the scheme and stay away from players who will not contribute to winning football.

"It's too early to know anything, but I've heard rumblings that the Jets prefer to trade this pick if they can, but will also consider trading up, or even taking a player when on the clock." McGee wrote.

Link?

i hope douglas is also amenable to trading down from the 4 pick.  i don't know the college players but from what i've read it seems like moving back a couple of spots isn't going to mean much.  but trading the 4 pick for a lower first rounder and then one for next draft will keep that cupboard full. obviously if there guy is there at 4 they need to just pick him and be done with it.

13 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm hearing it could go three ways, and sit before you read this;

The Jets might draft a player at 10 or they may trade the pick or they may forget they're drafting and not select anyone at all.

Anyone's guess is as good as mine!

Are you saying we're not trading up? :D  

8 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

It's a rumor as advertised in the the title in case you missed that part. You must be new to the offseason if you're not used to this kind of thing. Welcome! This is the the time of year where everyone posts insane amounts of articles linking us to every player you could possibly name on 2 hands. Everyone spectacles what they're going to do and mostly everyone is way off. Its the funnest time of year 

WHOA there Slappy!  Holster the six shooters and recognize sarcasm when it walks through the swinging doors before you fire!

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

i hope douglas is also amenable to trading down from the 4 pick.  i don't know the college players but from what i've read it seems like moving back a couple of spots isn't going to mean much.  but trading the 4 pick for a lower first rounder and then one for next draft will keep that cupboard full. obviously if there guy is there at 4 they need to just pick him and be done with it.

I think Douglas has shown he's open to anything if the value is right. 

As far as maneuvering in the draft and with players on the roster to create additional assets, he's the best jets gm I've seen in my lifetime in that respect. 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

4 is the pick to trade for sure. 10 is exactly where you want to be in this weird draft. but id trade down both if i could as Id love to have 3 late 1sts

58 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

You could write this same article for any of the teams in the top 10, just swap out the team names.  Hardly news worthy at this point.  The trade down articles are just low hanging fruit.  

Yup, it's about as relevant as the "Giants are happy with Daniel Jones" talk.....right  before they trade 3 future 1sts to move up 2 spots to take a marginal QB talent at 1. 

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

We need to stockpile picks for 2023 so we have leverage to draft a QB.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Jets have many of the critical parts in place thus it follows the Jets need to secure as much of the remaining talent needs ASAP. Be it through Free Agency or the Draft. There is no justifiable logic to support stockpiling future draft picks other than to rely on recruiting through Free Agency. The imperative is to get talent on the team is NOW. If the 2023 Draft is stronger and deeper than 2022 while team needs can be met through Free Agency then the logic works.

• Upvote 1

If Hutchison and Thibs are off the board, they should want to trade down from #4. #10 is kind of the sweet spot in this draft where they can get one of the WRs like London or Wilson, Dean or Lloyd at LB or Sauce Gardner. Without the two big DEs, #4 is kind of no-mans land in this draft for the Jets unless they want to take either Hamilton, Ekwonu or Neal if he is there. I wouldn't touch Stingley Jr.

10 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

DORIC SAM
JANUARY 19, 2022

My Favorite. The "we haven't got deep into our scouting evals, senior bowl or the fcking combine but we've already established that via fortune cookies, we know we need to trade" insights. 

• Haha 1