I'm warming up to Hamilton. Did someone say he might move to LB?

HighPitch

14 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Just so you know, I HOPE he shoots up the boards. Would love to trade out of 4. 

I mean, if he’s truly a combo of Burrow and Herbert, someone has to trade up to 1 for him. And then one of the top 3 will fall to us.  

Lol. 

Teams will only go up as far as they think they need to. My guess is if Detroit passes, teams may look to jump in front of the Giants to secure him. 

btw,  in your example draft class, Burrow went #1, Herbert went #6, and a broken hip Tua went #5…. So getting Pickett at #4 may not be that far-fetched of an idea. 

28 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Burrow is 6’4, 220

Pickett is 6’3, 220

Both played 5 years in college and capped their respective college careers with phenomenal seasons.  To say Pickett lacks the athleticism of Joe Burrow tells me all I need to know about your ability to evaluate QBs. They’re both more than capable of getting to the sticks with their legs and each had 5 rushing TDs in their senior seasons; Pickett with 97 rushing attempts to Burrow’s 115. 

But lastly, my post stated that I’ve seen other sites compare him to Burrow, and he has a mullet similar to Herbert.

If you can’t see the humor in my post, I suggest googling it.  

on edit: I removed my calling you a Jerk. That was margarita inspired sensitivity. 

Burrow did not play 5 years (he didn’t play his first year and he only started his last 2) and he had an historical season at the highest levels of college and won the National Championship. 

Again, the comparisons aren’t to their football talent, rather their toughness and leadership. 

It’s embarrassing to compare the two. 

You keep doing you. It’s funny. 

13 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Teams will only go up as far as they think they need to. My guess is if Detroit passes, teams may look to jump in front of the Giants to secure him. 

btw,  in your example draft class, Burrow went #1, Herbert went #6, and a broken hip Tua went #5…. So getting Pickett at #4 may not be that far-fetched of an idea. 

No. 

If Kenny Puckett is a combo of Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert then he HAS to go number 1. Someone HAS to trade up. 

You are talking about a HOF QB in a combo of the two. 

But yeah, Kenny Pickett hahhahahaaa. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

No. 

If Kenny Puckett is a combo of Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert then he HAS to go number 1. Someone HAS to trade up. 

You are talking about a HOF QB in a combo of the two. 

But yeah, Kenny Pickett hahhahahaaa. 

My posts are clearly flying well above your head, and that’s okay.  

Statistically speaking, we can’t all be as smart as I am. 

7 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

I was duped once by adams. Not again. 

If we make draft decisions based on our track record, we'll have no-one left to pick at all.

S - no, Adams

QB - no, Darnold / Sanchez

DT - no, D Rob / Leo

CB - no, Milliner

Edge - no, Gholston

OT - no, Becton (it's coming!)

A GM has to be like a CB at draft time ... a short memory, put mistakes behind you. ;-) 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Where did you get his hand size?  I know that he’s rumored to have small hands but I’ll wait for combine/pro day results before jumping in that line. 

Per @JiFapono’s argument, I’ve seen multiple sites comparing Pickett to Joe Burrow, and he has the Herbert mullet so I can see the logic behind merging the two into some weird comp. 

He’s my QB1 for this class, and I’ll wager he’s a top-10 pick right now, and a top-5 after testing. 

Neat!  Makes sense based on what I've watched but it really wasnt a comparison.  The comparison was directly to Zach Wilson.  

I havent done any reading yet on anything draft related because it's so early and nobody knows sh*t about sh*t.  I just comment on players I've watched and when I watch him play, I just see a play style similar to those two if you mashed them together ie; how they handle themselves, their pocket manipulation, their ability to stretch the field with the long ball, ball placement, etc.  I never said, they have similar traits/characteristics or athletic profiles, that was my main squeeze Frogger who took it there which is fine, he can get a little overzealous at times which I find very attractive but often misguided.  He started to look at the tale of tape between the 3 but that was never my point.  I was strictly talking about what I see when I watch him play, not their height, body weight, eye color and blood type .

The whole reason I brought it up before Frogger went off on his tangent, was simply why is he not considered a top 5 pick (I agree, he will be) but Zach Wilson was worthy of #2 overall.  That the point I was trying to make before Frogger started flexing his scouting "expertise" and screaming at the clouds.  I brought it up because I think he's our 1 chance at trading back from 4 if the draft doesnt fall the way we want.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Neat!  Makes sense based on what I've watched but it really wasnt a comparison.  The comparison was directly to Zach Wilson.  

I havent done any reading yet on anything draft related because it's so early and nobody knows sh*t about sh*t.  I just comment on players I've watched and when I watch him play, I just see a play style similar to those two if you mashed them together ie; how they handle themselves, their pocket manipulation, their ability to stretch the field with the long ball, ball placement, etc.  I never said, they have similar traits/characteristics or athletic profiles, that was my main squeeze Frogger who took it there which is fine, he can get a little overzealous at times which I find very attractive but often misguided.  He started to look at the tale of tape between the 3 but that was never my point.  I was strictly talking about what I see when I watch him play, not their height, body weight, eye color and blood type .

The whole reason I brought it up before Frogger went off on his tangent, was simply why is he not considered a top 5 pick (I agree, he will be) but Zach Wilson was worthy of #2 overall.  That the point I was trying to make before Frogger started flexing his scouting "expertise" and screaming at the clouds.  I brought it up because I think he's our 1 chance at trading back from 4 if the draft doesnt fall the way we want.

I was 100% talking about mullets but dumb-frog **** wanted to argue. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

I have seen some quotes that are saying this guy is arguably the best player in this draft.

I cant imagine being in Joe Douglas's shoes right now. The amount of needs on this team can lead us in so many directions. "Hamilton may be the best player in the draft" is something I've seen also. I have listen to podcasts, YouTube, read articles, listen to posters here for and against Hamilton. How can we take a safety at 4? But we also have no safeties? But isnt he touted as the best to come out in years and freak athlete that can help our below average secondary? But safety is a non premium position that we will never resign to a long term contract? It is so crazy. For instance, I was dead against Ojabo until yesterday. @Green Bean mentioned on his YouTube content how playing with Hutchinson is such an advantage and should factor in his success. Then I watched a few more highlights yesterday and read a tweet  praising his athletic ability and now Im like "hmmmm". At least last year at this time it was pretty clear that QB would be the position the Jets would be focussing on. This year, it truly is anything goes

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Hamilton is likely the most talented player in the Draft if you disregard position.  He's just the best pure football players.  Unfortunately, he plays one of the least impactful positions on defense and only has periodic opportunities to impact a play.

The closer you are to the football at the snap the bigger your opportunity to impact the play... it's why DE's and even 3-Tech Tackles are valued more highly than Safeties.  After that you can often look at the offense's most devastating weapon which is often WR.  That's what makes a lockdown CB so valuable and why the Jets almost built their whole defensive scheme around Darelle Revis back in 2009-2013.

You simply do not have enough ways to maximize a Safety's impact on the game regardless of what you do schematically on defense.  If anyone should know that it's Jets fans who watched Jamal for a few years.  Seattle tried to maximize him at the LOS with blitzes and overloads last year... it gave Adams some highlights but did little for Seattle's D.

I like Hamilton.  As I said, probably the best pure talent in the Draft.  I just don't like him at #4.  He also won't last to #10.

If he was the best player in the draft he’d be going top 5. Safety’s who can play center field, CB on 3rd down , blitz, and create turnovers are rare. He’s not in that category. We’d know if he were Sean Taylor or Eric Berry.

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

If your point is, you hope a real GM reads your nonsense and trades up to 4, just as ludicrous, but we can only hope. 

The only reason you made the ludicrous comment  was a not so subtle attempt to throw more shade at a QB you hate and couldn’t figure out another obvious backhanded compliment at Zach so you went the hyperbole route.

We all get it. It’s ok. Just say what you mean, no reason to make up silly comparisons. 

I hope more than anyone that tiny hands shoot’s up the board to someone that thinks they are getting the next great young QB. 

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I hope more than anyone that tiny hands shoot’s up the board to someone that thinks they are getting the next great young QB. 

If your point is, you hope a real GM reads your nonsense and trades up to 4, is ludicrous, but we can only hope.

Ya feel me? 

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

I cant imagine being in Joe Douglas's shoes right now. The amount of needs on this team can lead us in so many directions. "Hamilton may be the best player in the draft" is something I've seen also. I have listen to podcasts, YouTube, read articles, listen to posters here for and against Hamilton. How can we take a safety at 4? But we also have no safeties? But isnt he touted as the best to come out in years and freak athlete that can help our below average secondary? But safety is a non premium position that we will never resign to a long term contract? It is so crazy. For instance, I was dead against Ojabo until yesterday. @Green Bean mentioned on his YouTube content how playing with Hutchinson is such an advantage and should factor in his success. Then I watched a few more highlights yesterday and read a tweet  praising his athletic ability and now Im like "hmmmm". At least last year at this time it was pretty clear that QB would be the position the Jets would be focussing on. This year, it truly is anything goes

This is actually reversed, Hutchison averaged 3.5 sacks per year before Ojabo arrived. Idk how people don’t know this ??