I'm warming up to Hamilton. Did someone say he might move to LB?

HighPitch

2 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Ironically there’s another thread for a mock that has Pickett at 11 already, so my suspicion is unless he just completely sh*ts the bed at the combine/pro day then he’s def gonna be a top 5 pick. Hou may just flat out take him at 3. If they don’t then the Giants likely will, which puts us in good position to get some good trade offers. As for him as a prospect I just am very apprehensive about one year wonder QB’s that don’t have something truly magnificent about their game. Either elite athleticism or an absolutely incredible football mind. Otherwise to me it’s a sit and learn type of prospect, which I wouldn’t draft unless I had someone for him to sit and learn behind.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I could understand that concern but the fact he was a 4 year starter makes it feel a little different than say Burrow.  Herbert had pretty pedestrian #s for a college QB until his Senior year as well.  Another reason why he reminds me of a little combo of the 2.  

And I’m not advocating drafting him, but I think he’s going to rise as well.  I just was asking what’s the difference is between the 2 to drive home my point that I think he the one chance at trading back if Hutch, Thibs and Neal are off the board. 

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Didn’t know that about him.  Could be an issue for sure.  Though it didn’t seem to bother him in a cold weather college.  

Was it Dave Kraig who was a journeyman who always fumbled and the announcers would sound sad for him and say he had such small hands?  lol.  Always made me laugh.  

1 hour ago, tfine said:

Can we please draft a skill position player in the first round? Last one we drafted was Dustin Keller FFS!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yes. This is what gets lost between the final game and the draft by the fanbase. Joe Douglas drafting a safety and another non impact position wont result in the offense getting better. This is his third draft. The Jets have been bad both seasons hes been over the team with no sign they are getting better. A safety and say Linderbaum will get him fired. The way you know a rebuild is actually working is when you can see an actual functioning offense in action. The Jets having the 26th-32nd ranked offense again and Douglas is gone. They need to score points and get after the QB.

30 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I could understand that concern but the fact he was a 4 year starter makes it feel a little different than say Burrow.  Herbert had pretty pedestrian #s for a college QB until his Senior year as well.  Another reason why he reminds me of a little combo of the 2.  

Still sticking to this silly narrative.

So Burrow wasn't a 4 year starter but his senior season was otherwordly and won the NCAA championship for an SEC powerhouse  and Justin Herbert is 6-6 235 with a laser beam arm.

Nothing about Pickett is a combo of the two.  

7 hours ago, jamesr said:

It's all about performance. Take a safety who racks up tackles, but little else ... meh. Take a safety who racks up tackles, gets 6 INTs, a few FF, multiple PBUs and is a "leader of men" ( :P  j/k)? No issues there at all. 

What about if he takes an Edge player that barely gets any sacks his rookie year in a "situational" role?

I was duped once by adams. Not again. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Arm strength, athleticism, accuracy, production and it seems hand size...

As prospects they're really not even close.  

He actually reminds me of a combo of Dan Marino, Andrew Luck and Lamar Jackson--as well as Burrow, Herbert and Montana.  With a little Johnny Manziel and Peyton Manning.  

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Still sticking to this silly narrative.

So Burrow wasn't a 4 year starter but his senior season was otherwordly and won the NCAA championship for an SEC powerhouse  and Justin Herbert is 6-6 235 with a laser beam arm.

Nothing about Pickett is a combo of the two.  

When I look at him play football, I see a combo of the 2.  Very similar style if you meshed them together into one human.  The other ironic stuff makes this smash up fit very well.  It’s uncanny, really.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Not that I'd compare QBs but Pickett has 8-1/4 inch hands.  

Burrow 9 inches, Herbert 10 inches.

Zach 9-1/2 inches.  

But I'm not comparing them, mind you.  

That seems like a comparison vs a cross combo of a mesh of humans based on style and finesse and ironicness 

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

He actually reminds me of a combo of Dan Marino, Andrew Luck and Lamar Jackson--as well as Burrow, Herbert and Montana.  With a little Johnny Manziel and Peyton Manning.  

Those players are nothing alike!  You’re such a silly goose!!!!

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

When I look at him play football, I see a combo of the 2.  Very similar style if you meshed them together into one human.  The other ironic stuff makes this smash up fit very well.  It’s uncanny, really.  

So he’s shorter smaller and has a weaker arm than both and he’s not nearly as accurate as Burrow. 

It’s like saying I look at a combo of Manute Bol and Mugsy Bogues and I get Magic Johnson. 

It’s uncanny, really. 

Lol. 

Check this receipt, get a refund. 

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

That seems like a comparison vs a cross combo of a mesh of humans based on style and finesse and ironicness 

Read much?

I said I’m NOT comparing. You know I said it so that’s what everyone needs to believe. 

Of COURSE you didn’t compare Burrow and Herbert. You just surgically slapped them together like a Frankenstein monster and came up with…..Kenny Pickett hahahahahaaaaaa. 

So he’s shorter smaller and has a weaker arm than both and he’s not nearly as accurate as Burrow. 

It’s like saying I look at a combo of Manute Bol and Mugsy Bogues and I get Magic Johnson. 

It’s uncanny, really. 

Lol. 

Check this receipt, get a refund. 

You’re not meshing. 

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Read much?

I said I’m NOT comparing. You know I said it so that’s what everyone needs to believe. 

Of COURSE you didn’t compare Burrow and Herbert. You just surgically slapped them together like a Frankenstein monster and came up with…..Kenny Pickett hahahahahaaaaaa. 

You are comparing. 

On 1/19/2022 at 9:04 AM, Copernicus said:
I also am leaning more to Kyle Hamilton at #4

Was against this pick, but listening to knowledgeable YouTube Jets content (and not the beat writers) has got me rethinking this point . When you have an opportunity to draft a player that experts are saying is the best in the last 20 years you do it in a heartbeat. Hamilton could change the way that our defense plays and is so valuable because he can play almost anywhere. Being versatile seems to be right up Joe Douglas is alley. Love this pick at 4 even without a trade down.

I have seen some quotes that are saying this guy is arguably the best player in this draft.

• Upvote 1

Hamilton is likely the most talented player in the Draft if you disregard position.  He's just the best pure football players.  Unfortunately, he plays one of the least impactful positions on defense and only has periodic opportunities to impact a play.

The closer you are to the football at the snap the bigger your opportunity to impact the play... it's why DE's and even 3-Tech Tackles are valued more highly than Safeties.  After that you can often look at the offense's most devastating weapon which is often WR.  That's what makes a lockdown CB so valuable and why the Jets almost built their whole defensive scheme around Darelle Revis back in 2009-2013.

You simply do not have enough ways to maximize a Safety's impact on the game regardless of what you do schematically on defense.  If anyone should know that it's Jets fans who watched Jamal for a few years.  Seattle tried to maximize him at the LOS with blitzes and overloads last year... it gave Adams some highlights but did little for Seattle's D.

I like Hamilton.  As I said, probably the best pure talent in the Draft.  I just don't like him at #4.  He also won't last to #10.

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Not that I'd compare QBs but Pickett has 8-1/4 inch hands.  

Burrow 9 inches, Herbert 10 inches.

Zach 9-1/2 inches.  

But I'm not comparing them, mind you.  

Where did you get his hand size?  I know that he’s rumored to have small hands but I’ll wait for combine/pro day results before jumping in that line. 

Per @JiFapono’s argument, I’ve seen multiple sites comparing Pickett to Joe Burrow, and he has the Herbert mullet so I can see the logic behind merging the two into some weird comp. 

He’s my QB1 for this class, and I’ll wager he’s a top-10 pick right now, and a top-5 after testing. 

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

Where did you get his hand size?  I know that he’s rumored to have small hands but I’ll wait for combine/pro day results before jumping in that line. 

Per @JiFapono’s argument, I’ve seen multiple sites comparing Pickett to Joe Burrow, and he has the Herbert mullet so I can see the logic behind merging the two into some weird comp. 

He’s my QB1 for this class, and I’ll wager he’s a top-10 pick right now, and a top-5 after testing. 

It’s called the Google.

The comparisons to Burrow have zero to do with his physical abilities as a QB. Not his arm talent (strength and release), his accuracy, his ability to read defenses, processing speed, athleticism, pocket presence. 

It was Pickett’s toughness, leadership, his “moxie” if you will, that compares to Burrow. To put the 2 in the same sentence QB-wise is insulting to Joe Burrow. 

Pickett has zero in common with Herbert. 6-6 235 rocket arm. 

The guy best comp I’ve seen to him is Taylor Heineke. 

He’s closer to Mitch Tubisky than either Burrow and Herbert. 

Especially not a “combo” of the two. 

Thanks, I read that article too.  

Not exactly objective measurements, huh? I mean, for those who don’t rely on nameless “reports” of numbers “around” certain “figures”.  I’ll wait for the combine/pro day results, as I’m sure QB needy teams will. 

Some reports have Pickett’s hand size at around 8.25 inches, while others tell of a figure slightly under 8.

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

Not exactly objective measurements, huh? I mean, for those who don’t rely on nameless “reports” of numbers “around” certain “figures”.  I’ll wait for the combine/pro day results, as I’m sure QB needy teams will. 

Some reports have Pickett’s hand size at around 8.25 inches, while others tell of a figure slightly under 8.

Of course.  But there are dozens of different reports calling his hand size into question so even if they are off a bit, it’s likely his hands are smaller than 9 inches. And wearing 2 gloves on his throwing hand? 

I highly doubt that’s for warmth. 

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Just so you know, I HOPE he shoots up the boards. Would love to trade out of 4. 

I mean, if he’s truly a combo of Burrow and Herbert, someone has to trade up to 1 for him. And then one of the top 3 will fall to us.  

Lol. 

38 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s called the Google.

The comparisons to Burrow have zero to do with his physical abilities as a QB. Not his arm talent (strength and release), his accuracy, his ability to read defenses, processing speed, athleticism, pocket presence. 

It was Pickett’s toughness, leadership, his “moxie” if you will, that compares to Burrow. To put the 2 in the same sentence QB-wise is insulting to Joe Burrow. 

Pickett has zero in common with Herbert. 6-6 235 rocket arm. 

The guy best comp I’ve seen to him is Taylor Heineke. 

He’s closer to Mitch Tubisky than either Burrow and Herbert. 

Especially not a “combo” of the two. 

Burrow is 6’4, 220

Pickett is 6’3, 220

Both played 5 years in college and capped their respective college careers with phenomenal seasons.  To say Pickett lacks the athleticism of Joe Burrow tells me all I need to know about your ability to evaluate QBs. They’re both more than capable of getting to the sticks with their legs and each had 5 rushing TDs in their senior seasons; Pickett with 97 rushing attempts to Burrow’s 115. 

But lastly, my post stated that I’ve seen other sites compare him to Burrow, and he has a mullet similar to Herbert.

If you can’t see the humor in my post, I suggest googling it.  

on edit: I removed my calling you a Jerk. That was margarita inspired sensitivity. 

13 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Of course.  But there are dozens of different reports calling his hand size into question so even if they are off a bit, it’s likely his hands are smaller than 9 inches. And wearing 2 gloves on his throwing hand? 

I highly doubt that’s for warmth. 

I too, have been called into question for being smaller than 9 inches.  Lucky for me I have other “attributes” which make me successful at scoring.