Kiper 4 and 10

Just now, mrcoops said:

I think Garrett Wilson is much more suited to the WCO type scheme. I can't see us picking London over Wilson.

I get this, but we also really need a big bodied WR who can make contested catches in the red zone and down the field. 

from this perspective, I wonder if Burks or London wouldn’t be better picks for us. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Listening to Greeny now.

He's projecting Hamilton at the 4 and Drake London at the 10.

Said first QB won't come off the board until 11 (Milik Willis) but could go anywhere from 8-15.

1-2-3 Hutch, Thibs, Neal.

PFN just released its first round 1:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/1-round-2022-nfl-mock-draft-will-kenny-pickett-malik-willis-fall-out-of-the-first-round/

4. Evan Neal OT Alabama
10. Kyle Hamilton S Notre Dame

1-2-3 Thibodeaux, Hutchinson, Booth

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

PFN just released its first round 1:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/1-round-2022-nfl-mock-draft-will-kenny-pickett-malik-willis-fall-out-of-the-first-round/

4. Evan Neal OT Alabama
10. Kyle Hamilton S Notre Dame

1-2-3 Thibodeaux, Hutchinson, Booth

Booth seems to be someone who fluctuates wildly in his evaluations.

We need an edge but I could probably get on board with Neal and Hamilton.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

We're gonna regret that Jacksonville win for a decade.

There's a decent chance both Hutch and Thib never become stars and produce enough to be considered worth the top picks.  Even if we rave about the picks at the time.  If we don't end up with a good class, it's way more on JD than it is on our inability to suck as much as Jacksonville did in 2021.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Listening to Greeny now.

He's projecting Hamilton at the 4 and Drake London at the 10.

Said first QB won't come off the board until 11 (Milik Willis) but could go anywhere from 8-15.

1-2-3 Hutch, Thibs, Neal.

London will not happen at 10. He is not a top 3 wr in this draft. Prove me wrong.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

London will not happen at 10. He is not a top 3 wr in this draft. Prove me wrong.

Not my picks.  This is Mel.  

I think Wilson goes before 10, I like both London and Burks but at 10 not so sure which is why I'd lkke to trade back.  But it's not happening.   

22 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i like Wilson but he is only 5'11 and played a lot of slot. It feels like we need more outside guys with size.

I see him as a guy with inside/outside flexibility, much like Moore - except bigger. Really like his game.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

There's a decent chance both Hutch and Thib never become stars and produce enough to be considered worth the top picks.  

I agree with this.  Look, I'd be thrilled with either but I get a bust-vibe from Thibs and Hutch could just be a fine edge player, not a star. 

• Upvote 2

Forget about draft position for a moment.

Say we're at #4 and Thibs and Hutch are gone.  You want to help your defense.

I can't say how the Jets will view the remaining guys, but let's say it looks like this:

You can get a JFM clone or Derwin James clone only bigger.  What helps this team more?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

We're gonna regret that Jacksonville win for a decade.

Hmmm. I don't know. 

Everyone is saying this draft is unusually weak at the top and there doesn't seem to be any consensus on who the best overall player is. 

This seems like a good year to NOT have tanked for the first pick, IMO

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

I think Garrett Wilson is much more suited to the WCO type scheme. I can't see us picking London over Wilson.

The pick at 10 should be the BA-WR that fits the Jets’ scheme.  

Extend Fant, Moses and McGovern and make the playoffs in 2023, maybe 2022. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

Jets aren't drafting a safety at 4 and other people have London drafted in the 20's.....this goes in the worst case scenario category.....and who the hell listens to Mike Greenburg? lol

London is one of the best WRs in the country. He was on pace to eclipse 1,400 yards receiving.

Mel Kipers has Jameson Williams as his 6th overall prospect. After comes London 7th overall. So with Williams being hurt, London steps in as the number one receiver on his big board. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

London strikes me as a late first kinda guy.

I THINK I like Burks more but if London is a first round talent at a position of need and different than any other receiver on the roster, why pass on him because he's in the 20-25 range instead of 10? 

Passing on a big dynamic wide receiver because he may be slightly overdrafted for whom? So we get "value" at 10 but we don't get that big WR we desperately need?

Considering most draft gurus are saying much of the first rounders are all kind of grouped together, I'm taking a shot on the big WR.  I know the narrative is you don't draft for need but at some point, taking the BAP over need when the draft is so clumped together makes no sense. 

If the BAP at 10 is a DT, I'm taking the WR.

10 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

London is one of the best WRs in the country. He was on pace to eclipse 1,400 yards receiving.

Mel Kipers has Jameson Williams as his 6th overall prospect. After comes London 7th overall. So with Williams being hurt, London steps in as the number one receiver on his big board. 

While we can disoute Kiper's expertise, London and Burks look to be really good big physical WRs--the type of player we desperately need.   

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I THINK I like Burks more but if London is a first round talent at a position of need and different than any other receiver on the roster, why pass on him because he's in the 20-25 range instead of 10? 

Passing on a big dynamic wide receiver because he may be slightly overdrafted for whom? So we get "value" at 10 but we don't get that big WR we desperately need?

Considering most draft gurus are saying much of the first rounders are all kind of grouped together, I'm taking a shot on the big WR.  I know the narrative is you don't draft for need but at some point, taking the BAP over need when the draft is so clumped together makes no sense. 

If the BAP at 10 is a DT, I'm taking the WR.

While we can disoute Kiper's expertise, London and Burks look to be really good big physical WRs--the type of player we desperately need.   

Didn't watch whole thing.....does Mel have Burks in the 1st rd?