Kiper 4 and 10

4 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Ya don't know much about the wrs but Burks looks like the best in the class to me

I think he probably has the highest ceiling but may have a low floor.  I love him but London may be a safer pick.  Safe not being a bad thing because we need to hit on that pick.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Kiper said S is the shallowest position in the draft but if we can grab one of the top 5, we'd do well.

Just not in Round 1.  

Taking a position which you can find every year in free agency for not very much $ is STUPIDITY. Again, the way things work now in college in guys in that tweener size who used to be NFL safeties can either cover well enough to play corner or can play big enough to be an LB. 

When is the last time a playoff team signed a QB, edge, corner or OL off the street to start? spare you the research; NEVER. 

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I think he probably has the highest ceiling but may have a low floor.  I love him but London may be a safer pick.  Safe not being a bad thing because we need to hit on that pick.  

As long as London shows he can create separation im cool with it. He looks a little slow to me but I haven't really watched much.

11 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

As long as London shows he can create separation im cool with it. He looks a little slow to me but I haven't really watched much.

He’s not really a separation guy. Neither is Mike Evans. But at 6-5 likely 215 by the time spring rolls around, can jump, strong hands, he’s virtually always open. A more athletic TE as it were. 

• Upvote 1

Barring a trade down, its between Karlaftis and Hamilton.  Again, that Jax win was a killer.  Imagine having the choice between Hamilton, Karlaftis, and whoever falls between Neal, Hutch, and Thibs.  We went in and got our heads kicked in by the Bills and all we got was " at least we beat Trevor!" The draft has only 3 consensus elite talents at best, maybe 4 if you believe Hamilton is one of them.  In that case, then well you're in luck because the Jets NEED elite talent and can't pass up on him if he's there. Number 4 is no mans land.

7 hours ago, rtnelson said:

There's a decent chance both Hutch and Thib never become stars and produce enough to be considered worth the top picks.  Even if we rave about the picks at the time.  If we don't end up with a good class, it's way more on JD than it is on our inability to suck as much as Jacksonville did in 2021.

Exactly.  This edge class does not have any “can’t miss” players so I’m not too upset about not having a top 2 pick.  Think about first-round pass rusher busts like Mingo and Gholston and okay guys like Chiasson and Josh Allen.  It’s just as likely that Thibs and Hutch end up like them than a Bosa.

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

Taking a position which you can find every year in free agency for not very much $ is STUPIDITY. Again, the way things work now in college in guys in that tweener size who used to be NFL safeties can either cover well enough to play corner or can play big enough to be an LB. 

When is the last time a playoff team signed a QB, edge, corner or OL off the street to start? spare you the research; NEVER. 

Joe Thuney, Hendrickson, Dupree. 

Like, there are dozens of examples. 

7 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Btw, I'm not crying if we go Linderbaum at 10.

Not a flashy move but plug him in and see him become our Creed Humphrey or Jason Kelce for the next 10 years.

Wouldn't hate it but sure would like him in the teens with a future #1 or #2 in the pocket.