The GOAT Braxton Berrios speaks on time with Patriots & more in PMT interview

Listening to the pod now, but that second bullet point does not sound encouraging.

Edit -- just listened to the pod.  Second point is taken out of context.  The host asks him, to rank thee three things when considering FA: no state income tax, proximity to beach and brutally cold.  He answers that no state income tax and near a beach are better than brutal cold.  Taken completely out of context in the bullet summary above.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

Listening to the pod now, but that second bullet point does not sound encouraging.

His family is from Miami, although his father lives in the Dallas Fort Worth area now, so the warm weather thing makes sense.

Also, no state income tax is better than state income tax.   No one can really argue that.

17 minutes ago, chirorob said:

His family is from Miami, although his father lives in the Dallas Fort Worth area now, so the warm weather thing makes sense.

Also, no state income tax is better than state income tax.   No one can really argue that.

That point was taken completely out of context in the tweet that I quoted; wish I had listened to the pod before sharing that tweet.  Host clearly fed him the line.  "Which is more important to you in FA, no state income tax, proximity to beach or brutal cold?"  What response would he expect.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

That warm weather, beach and tax thing is a little worrisome.

If he gets a comparable offer from the Phish or the Bucs, he will be hard to keep.

Hopefully, JD gets in done before Braxton hits FA - but that will be tough to do at this point.

See my comments above.  That line was taken compeltely out of context.  Not worrisome at all when you listen to the interview.

• Upvote 1

Man oh man, alot of you are going to be mad when he signs with the Pats this offseason.

No B.S. was listening to an interview this morning, Pats beat guy, who said "the only thing the Pats really are missing is that Wes Welker/Julian Edelman type WR for Jones, but I think there will be options to get that in free agency".

:shock:

:-k

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Man oh man, alot of you are going to be mad when he signs with the Pats this offseason.

No B.S. was listening to an interview this morning, Pats beat guy, who said "the only thing the Pats really are missing is that Wes Welker/Julian Edelman type WR for Jones, but I think there will be options to get that in free agency".

:shock:

:-k

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

He’ll sign in New England at a discount next season. 

Bringing the facts. 

• Upvote 1

He’s a kick returner let’s relax ourselves acting like he’s the second coming of Wes Welker. He had 430 yards last year getting ample playing time due to injuries. I’d offer him a fair contract but no sweat if he leaves. Main focus should be getting a big time outside WR for Zach 

• Upvote 1

The whole pod was kind of a waste of time.  They spent more time asking him about “The U” and the Pats then anything else.  I swear they talked longer about shirtless Instagram posts then they did the Jets   

The biggest take out of it to me was there have been some talks of him going back to the Jets but Berrios was being real coy about his plans, as well he should be in order to maximize his value. 

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

He’s a kick returner let’s relax ourselves acting like he’s the second coming of Wes Welker. He had 430 yards last year getting ample playing time due to injuries. I’d offer him a fair contract but no sweat if he leaves. Main focus should be getting a big time outside WR for Zach 

An all-pro kick returner.

He seemed to have some good chemistry with Wilson on the field and is supposedly Wilson’s homeboy off the field.  He also didn’t get a lot of WR snaps earlier in the year before the bevy of injuries.

It makes a lot of sense to take care of him and let him continue to grow here.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, slimjasi said:

An all-pro kick returner.

He seemed to have some good chemistry with Wilson on the field and is supposedly Wilson’s homeboy off the field.  He also didn’t get a lot of WR snaps earlier in the year before the bevy of injuries.

It makes a lot of sense to take care of him and let him continue to grow here.  

I agree, like I said offer him a fair contract. I’d say $5m max a year for him. If someone else is willing to pay more so be it 

• Upvote 1