How about Stingley at 4

Rhg1084

So it seems as if the majority of this board was against Hamilton at 4. What about Stingley? He put one of the best seasons you’ll ever see from a corner on tape in 2019. He has the talent level of a Jalen Ramsey and could be a top 5 corner in this league. The corner back group would really be solidified as you’d now have Stingley, Hall, Echols, MC2

And before everyone responds with the usual “Saleh/JD don’t value corners in this system”. Or “trade the pick!”. You do realize the Jets have to take somebody at 4, and if they’re not sold on Karlaftis who the heck are they going to take?!! Stingley could be a great pick especially if he blows up the combine. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4

NO. Fuuck no. Most likely to be gigantic bust in NFL in the Top of the draft IMO. I suspect he will be graded MUCH lower by GMs than by draft nerds. I just do not see evaluators falling in love with a player with declining performance.

In addition, a lock down man corner is not really a key position in this defense and Saleh has already shown a preference for working people into his system than adjusting the defense for individual players.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Lol have you gone on record as to who you want? Or just say no to every suggestion 

I've gone on record as no safety and no Stingley.

I'll take any of Hutch, Thibs, Neal if available at 4 and then if we can't trade back I'd take Ekwonu, Cross, Dean, Karlaftis, Ojabo and I would not cry at Wilson.

I'd take Sauce before I'd take Stingley (and I wouldn't take Sauce).  The dude was injured most of last year (would be such a Jetsy move) and sucked in 2020.

Dude hasn't played well since last decade.

Edge and LB are MUCH more important and there are players at those position that are similarly projected in the draft.  

• Upvote 4

We have a long way to go. Free agency will determine what the biggest needs are, and the combine/ pro days will determine the prospects pecking order along with film obviously. 

top 5 pick has to be safe. Has to be a position that is expensive and difficult to acquire. 

don’t love stingley today. 

thr karlaftis kid or whatever isn’t even a top 10 pick don’t know why his name keeps popping  up

This draft is offering OT talent. 

if the top 2 edge rushers are gone, I would argue a swing tackle or even a LT should be the pick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

We have a long way to go. Free agency will determine what the biggest needs are, and the combine/ pro days will determine the prospects pecking order along with film obviously. 

top 5 pick has to be safe. Has to be a position that is expensive and difficult to acquire. 

don’t love stingley today. 

thr karlaftis kid or whatever isn’t even a top 10 pick don’t know why his name keeps popping  up

This draft is offering OT talent. 

if the top 2 edge rushers are gone, I would argue a swing tackle or even a LT should be the pick. 

Not sure why we would take an offensive lineman when we only need a RG and we should grab one in free agency. What we do need are defensive playmakers. Stingley is definitely one. Drafting another OL with pick 4 is a terrible waste of resources

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Not sure why we would take an offensive lineman when we only need a RG and we should grab one in free agency. What we do need are defensive playmakers. Stingley is definitely one. Drafting another OL with pick 4 is a terrible waste of resources

My point is we don’t know what the needs are on January 20th

12 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’m not even convinced that Stingley is the best, or even 2nd best CB in the draft.

I don’t want to take a CB in the 1st, but if we did, I’d hope it would be Gardner.

I've seen Booth from Clemson mocked to us at 10.  is he any good?

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

We have Fant for 1 more year at LT.   We have Becton at right tackle, he does miss a lot of time.   Moses is a FA.

Worst case, you draft a RT, make him play right guard for a year, and then either Becton of the new guy plays left tackle.   It's been done before, hell Jonathan Ogden played guard as a rookie.

Douglas has had a lot of success with CB's in later rounds so it would be surprising to see him spend a high pick on one. He has not had a lot of success with players staying healthy.

I'm not saying Stingley is injury prone, but I think we should probably be looking for guys with a super clean injury history given our recent troubles in that area.

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Agree wholeheartedly that taking another OL in the first round is a bad idea. Disagree just as adamantly that Stingley should be an option. 

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

We don’t know what the needs are on this team? Um yes we do, we need defense. Offensive line is fine 

How is Lawson progressing?

How serious is Becton?

Are they keeping Fant and  Moses?

who are they trading for ?

What free agents are they bringing in ?

it’s just way to early to talk draft 

• Upvote 1

stop with this stuff - do some homework ( great article from jet x on this today) - neither douglas nor saleh support drafting cb’s with premium picks - the defense is built with top pash rushers and the rest is support personnel- and if that’s a bit of an exaggeration so be it - please for the love of god pay attention and stop with the stingley at 4 stuff

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1