Some guy at Jets Addicts who speaks to Pauline

hmhertz

2 hours ago, hmhertz said:

1. Initial reports on Thibideaux not great. Coming off as a know it all smart ass.
2. Trevon Burks is 235 and out of shape and projected 40 time is in the 4.6s
3. Thinks no way in Linderbaum worth a top 10 or even 15 pick.
4. Says some are projecting Neal to OG
5. Thinks Olave is a bit too thin and will need space to thrive. Bad combo w Moore.
6. Thinks if Stingley didnt have the health issues he'd be easy top 3 on talent
7. Thinks Hamilton is vastly overrated as a DB and will eventually have to bulk up and play OLB. Says Jets would be insane to take him at 4.
8. Thinks Jets will go Ojabo at 4 if they keep the pick...over Karlaftis and any DB.

1.  That was the feeling I was getting.

2. Take London.

3. Interesting.  Does he last till 35?

4. Pass?

5. Agree--do not want.

6. Ifs and buts.  Not drafting a CB, especially not an injured one.

7. Hard pass.  Been there, done that.

8. Could live with that.  

37 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Thibedeux better hire some big time PR people as that interview he did on Fox was a complete disaster 

Wow i never heard this. Just watched the video. He comes off as a super entitled brat. Plus you can hear him as a dummy underneath. Not humble at all. 

I can only imagine his big mouth running after another jet loss. And if it came to a new contract? Omg good luck with the numbers and desire to stay a jet. 

Jamal adams on steriods. Hard pass

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, hmhertz said:

1. Initial reports on Thibideaux not great. Coming off as a know it all smart ass.
5. Thinks Olave is a bit too thin and will need space to thrive. Bad combo w Moore.
7. Thinks Hamilton is vastly overrated as a DB and will eventually have to bulk up and play OLB. Says Jets would be insane to take him at 4.
8. Thinks Jets will go Ojabo at 4 if they keep the pick...over Karlaftis and any DB.

World News GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Wow i never heard this. Just watched the video. He comes off as a super entitled brat. Plus you can hear him as a dummy underneath. Not humble at all. 

I can only imagine his big mouth running after another jet loss. And if it came to a new contract? Omg good luck with the numbers and desire to stay a jet. 

Also iffy production in a bad conference. Kinda  reminds me of the DT from Ole Miss personality wise. Too many flags.

I see the next 3 months are gonna be the usual torture.  Instead of being psyched at all the draft capital we own it is gonna be same old “woe is me jets can’t catch a break there are no good players this year”.  Unfortunately I will be the guy leading that chant.  Let’s face it nobody knows squat.  Let’s hope Joe D and our scouts hit this mofo out of the park!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Ojabo had what 11 sacks and played like 1 game the year before?  Ojabo getting 11 sacks is as much of a factor of having hutchinson on the other side as the other way around.

Ojabo is a one year wonder.

Yeah.  I don't watch College Football but my Neanderthal brain says stay away from the Big 10 (Are Mangold and David Harris our only productive picks from this God forsaken conference?).

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

1.  That was the feeling I was getting.

2. Take London.

3. Interesting.  Does he last till 35?

4. Pass?

5. Agree--do not want.

6. Ifs and buts.  Not drafting a CB, especially not an injured one.

7. Hard pass.  Been there, done that.

8. Could live with that.  

Yea I'm kinda on the same wavelength, except for Ojabo at #4. I like the guy but I'm hearing a lot of 3-4 OLB.

5 hours ago, hmhertz said:

1. I can believe a few scouts  think he acts like a know it all but don't think that takes away from him being a great prospect or his value. These scouts get butt hurt when these players don't bow down to them so I'm not putting anything into this comment

2. I put all my chips on Trey Burks and think he is my favorite WR option in this draft for our offense so I really hope he's not outta shape!

3. I believe that but it only takes one team

4. I believe that and actually think if Jets got him they would use him at RG for year one but also special security if a tackle spot doesn't work out. 

5. I like Olave but not for our team really. 

6. I don't like how Stingley handled his whole LSU career but regardless you can't use a 4th overall pick on a guy you are hoping to play like he played >2 years ago

7. Disagree but don't want the jets to draft him anyway

8. I would  get behind and understand picking Ojabo if Hutch, Thibs, Neal go top 3  AND trading down is not possible. It definitely will be a pick people question but whatever this drafts strength is in the middle of the first round and most top 10 picks will be questioned in some degree.

I don't expect a response to anything I'm just thinking out loud lol

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes as i've been saying this is a puke draft and of course the jets have two top ten picks with little chance to trade down.

Maybe so.

but I promise you that there will be future good NFL players sitting there at 4 and 10. Will the Jets take them? Who knows. But there will be good players there 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Does this guy have a mock draft?

I mean, I know it’s early but when does he release…

Some Guy’s Mock 1.0

I remember the exact day I knew Pauline had zero scouty skills. 

He had Demontre Moore as his #1 rated prospect after the college football season in 2013…washout third rounder for the Giants that year.

Hes like the know it all Italian Uncle who is on the fringe of being in the know and tells a good story but after two beers you realize he’s FOS and all his info is second hand rumors.

Not saying all this is wrong info.

But I think there will be 4 players that JD would be comfortable taking at 4. And I also think they are.

Thibs

Hutch

Neal

Ikwonu

Trench guys who shouldn’t bust.

• Upvote 2

Ojabo has to be about the 5th different player I've heard mocked to the Jets at #4.

In previous years I'd say that's great news, it means JD has a poker face and the Jets are disguising their intentions with the pick.

But this year it's different.  Unfortunately, it means two things to me... 1) There really is no clear-cut guy worthy of that #4 pick unless one of the top 2 Edge rushers drop and 2) The Jets continue to have a mountain of needs that makes almost any position mocked to the Jets at #4 seem somewhat reasonable.

7 hours ago, hmhertz said:

I haven't heard this specifically about Thibs, but I have been told by one that they don't be a top 5 pick, with the position he plays being the lone reason why he would be. 

#2 is news. 

I would say Linderbaum is worth a top 20 pick, but drafting a pure C top 10 isn't worth it. 

Neal at G isn't news

Olave has become a polarizing prospect out of nowhere. I think his issue is that teams fear he won't be the receiver he was in college in the NFL. 

#6 is obvious.  

Think #7 is crazy. Guy has elite range. If anything, they would move him to LB not because he can't play FS, but because he can do a lot more than "just" a safety. 

I don't see Ojabo to the Jets. Doesn't fit what our decision makers look for and you'd fear of him getting the Denzel Mims treatment with our coaching staff. I think Travon Walker is their kind of player more so than Ojabo. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, football guy said:

I haven't heard this specifically about Thibs, but I have been told by one that they don't be a top 5 pick, with the position he plays being the lone reason why he would be. 

#2 is news. 

I would say Linderbaum is worth a top 20 pick, but drafting a pure C top 10 isn't worth it. 

Neal at G isn't news

Olave has become a polarizing prospect out of nowhere. I think his issue is that teams fear he won't be the receiver he was in college in the NFL. 

#6 is obvious.  

Think #7 is crazy. Guy has elite range. If anything, they would move him to LB not because he can't play FS, but because he can do a lot more than "just" a safety. 

I don't see Ojabo to the Jets. Doesn't fit what our decision makers look for and you'd fear of him getting the Denzel Mims treatment with our coaching staff. I think Travon Walker is their kind of player more so than Ojabo. 

Interesting insights as always.

What do you think of Jermaine Johnson II as a fit here? I know we don't quite have the picks lined up for his valuation presently, but things could change after the senior bowl + combine?

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Interesting insights as always.

What do you think of Jermaine Johnson II as a fit here? I know we don't quite have the picks lined up for his valuation presently, but things could change after the senior bowl + combine?

He's a player that fits. I think there's a chance he's there at 35 too. I know he's going higher right now but much crazier things will happen this year especially

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

#2 is news. 

Neal at G isn't news

#6 is obvious.  

I’m beginning to suspect Walker is firmly in play as well. Something like Ekwonu-Walker seems like it’d vibe with what they want to do.

What are your thoughts on how the DL shakes out? I feel like I have more questions than answers.

Lawson obviously is a question after a pretty serious injury. He’s also just signed two more years at this point.

JFM is kind of a tweener - but that’s what Saleh ran with Armstead in SF. Bigger guy who can play base end and kick in on passing downs. Any chance JFM kicks inside or do they like him at edge base and kicking inside? I think this in particular Is important as he’s signed the longest on the DL. And I lean his role stays the same.

Fatukasi is a FA - as is Shepherd. There’s quietly two of four rotation pieces potentially leaving, including a nominal at least starter. Hopefully Marshall is good stepping into the rotation and they just need to add one guy.

To me draft wise a lot hinges on how they view JFM. If they like him in his role the best thing to do would seem to be drafting a guy who can develop behind Lawson and rush the quarterback on passing downs - figure they rotate heavily anyway. I figure that role is kind of important - don’t know if the Niners knew how their DL would shake out when they traded for Dee Ford but with the rotations and the Armstead/JFM type role that passing down edge seems important conceptually.

Is that Walker? With that frame, inside our experience, and as young as he is I’d see him more in the JFM role - which is fine if JFM kicks inside, though they’d still need someone behind Lawson. Walker is definitely fluid and has a little of that length + inside experience that has translated well in the past to DE - guess it kind of depends how he tests. And I guess maybe he can cut a little if he’s not asked to play inside so much.

Alternatively - or maybe in addition - Walker and JFM inside on passing downs would be something. And given the rotations being able to have at least one of those guys inside on passing downs while keeping guys fresh could be good too.

The ideal Lawson understudy also may just not be in the first round in this class. I’d be cool with them taking an athletic passing downs only guy on day two and see where that goes.

9 hours ago, hmhertz said:

*Think all players are sh!t. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Ok so cross of Thibedaux as another guy we don’t want. With all these guys nobody wants how bout we just forfeit our picks? Lol

• Upvote 1