2022 opponents

1. You guys calling out wins and losses for next year without seeing what happens in the offseason is some next level sh!t

2. Jets need to be better than .500 next season, anything less should be unacceptable to all of us, but sadly I think some will talk themselves into "progress" even if the team has a losing record

3. There are some decent road trip opportunities on the schedule, looking forward to seeing the actual schedule and hopefully planning a trip. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Jets Things said:

No more than 8, which would be progress. 

Progress would be playing a meaningful game in the month of October.   I would love for this team to at least be competitive next year where the games matter the whole season, especially with some great away destinations on the calendar. 

• Upvote 1

Assuming we have a good FA/Draft period, here are the games that we "should" win:

Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville, Denver, 

Here are the teams we "could" win:

Miami, Pats, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Seahawks

These teams would be a surprise to beat:

Buffalo, Baltimore, Green Bay

Every year we lose a couple that we should beat and beat a couple we should lose so let's say we get 2 wins out of the "Should" column and 1 out of the "Surprise". Given the state of the team, I don't think we win more than have of the "Could" teams so let's go with 4 out of the 9 "Could" games. 

That gives us a total of 7 wins give or take. 

14 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Home

Buffalo

Miami

Cheatriots

Baltimore

Chicago

Cinci

Detroit

Jacksonville

Away

Buffalo

Miami

Cheatriots

Cleveland

Denver

Green Bay

Minnesota

Pittsburg

Jamal’s Seahawks

how many wins do you see?  I see 6 as of right now.

I think we’ll get a better sense after the QB carousel but no Ben in Pitt, maybe no Rogers and Adams in GB, no Wilson in Seattle, Teddy always hurt in Denver, Mayfield continues to falter, Mac is really who he is, Watson doesn’t go to Miami  

We could get to 9. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, extmenace said:

Am I setting the bar low or am I being realistic? The jets are drafting 4th in the draft this year, they drafted 2nd last year. This is a young team that isn’t good yet. 

We would have won 6 games this year if we didn't have so many injuries. Our QB will be ready to roll next year, Lawson and Becton too. That alone gets us to 7 - we will have improved drastically at QB, Edge and LT WITHOUT any additions. Add 4 top picks and some nice pieces in free agency and I can see where 8-11 is probable. You can't judge this team based on the players that ended the season. Carl Lawson and Becton are on this team and both won't miss the entire year again.

10 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

We would have won 6 games this year if we didn't have so many injuries. Our QB will be ready to roll next year, Lawson and Becton too. That alone gets us to 7 - we will have improved drastically at QB, Edge and LT WITHOUT any additions. Add 4 top picks and some nice pieces in free agency and I can see where 8-11 is probable. You can't judge this team based on the players that ended the season. Carl Lawson and Becton are on this team and both won't miss the entire year again.

We’ll at least nobody will tell you you’re a pessimist. I hope they do well but I don’t see it. I hope you’re right and I’m wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/21/2022 at 12:20 AM, Hex said:

Why is this realistic? I mean, sure, if JD screws up FA and draft, and if injuries happen. But at this point the jury is still out on whether or not JD is a good GM, because he's had a bad year and a good year in the draft, and he's been amazing with trading this past year. Jets have their easiest schedule since Gase's first year (7-9), and if injuries don't happen Jets have a solid shot at 8 wins.

It's realistic to me...Jets are easily the worst team in the division and will be so next year in my opinion...losing all of the division games in 2022 is not a stretch at all...have you been paying attention to what is going on in the league? GM's and coaches are not getting long leashes. JD better produce results...injury excuses won't fly...a player's ability to stay healthy is now a much more important metric and is factored into an evaluation of a GM's ability to pick players, whether that is fair or not. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

It's realistic to me...Jets are easily the worst team in the division and will be so next year in my opinion...losing all of the division games in 2022 is not a stretch at all...have you been paying attention to what is going on in the league? GM's and coaches are not getting long leashes. JD better produce results...injury excuses won't fly...a player's ability to stay healthy is now a much more important metric and is factored into an evaluation of a GM's ability to pick players, whether that is fair or not. 

Our GM and HC are bad, if we win 6 I'll start believing there is a god.