Notebook | GM Joe Douglas and HC Robert Saleh Bullish on Jets' Future

Bronx

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

Yeah - but get off it already.

It’s been well documented and I’m tired of it.  The man has nailed the biggest decisions so far.  The franchise changing decisions. Can you imagine keeping Sam Darnold? How about caving to Jamal Adams as Mac would’ve done? Mac would’ve signed Jordan Jenkins to a 3 year extension worth $21 mill, he would’ve given Kenny Golladay $18 mill and Urban Meyer or some schmuck retread would be our HC right now.

We are flush with young promising players, loaded with draft picks and cash. 

So yeah the 2020 draft was bad. It’s a small slice of the pie right now. So sure I’m a JD “apologist” because this team is being built exactly how it should be.

Just pointing out that the 2020 draft is part of evaluating JD. OK - moving forward. It's year three for Joe and the fans can expect a much improved record next year. Less than 7 wins will be a failure, 6 or less and they should clean house.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Just pointing out that the 2020 draft is part of evaluating JD. OK - moving forward. It's year three for Joe and the fans can expect a much improved record next year. Less than 7 wins will be a failure, 6 or less and they should clean house.

Clean house ?‍♂️ 

because that’s worked the last 10 years. We finally have a direction, plan in place, complete tear down and rebuild. I’m keeping JD and Salah the length of their contracts no matter what. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Clean house ?‍♂️ 

because that’s worked the last 10 years. We finally have a direction, plan in place, complete taper down and rebuild. I’m keeping JD and Salah the length of their contracts no matter what. 

Clean house as soon as you're sure the current guys don't have it. Why would you stick with losers for 2 years longer than necessary before you fire them?

Six win or less after three years is a failure.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Clean house ?‍♂️ 

because that’s worked the last 10 years. We finally have a direction, plan in place, complete taper down and rebuild. I’m keeping JD and Salah the length of their contracts no matter what. 

To be clear, I agree with JD's overall plan and concept of team building. It's his execution of the plan that hasn't worked - so far.

Again, to be clear, I hope JD hits this years FA/Trade/Draft out of the park and ZW improves and looks real good, especially the last third of the season.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Becton had many red flags and they're turning out to be true. As the GM JD should have nixed the Becton pick even if Gase demanded it. Wirfs was the pick all day long. 

How does a bust pick in Mims fit better in any HC's offense, just a bad pick by the GM.

No he didn’t, stop with the he had many red flags bs.  There was no outcry for Wirfs. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No he didn’t, stop with the he had many red flags bs.  There was no outcry for Wirfs. 

Not sorry and I won't stop being critical when I feel it's deserved. Max can ban me but I won't be cancelled.

How about you stop ordering posters to stop with what you feel is bs. Why not post all the pre-draft reports that show Becton was a clean prospect w/o any concerns about his weight/size/availability.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Not sorry and I won't stop being critical when I feel it's deserved. Max can ban me but I won't be cancelled.

How about you stop ordering posters to stop with what you feel is bs. Why not post all the pre-draft reports that show Becton was a clean prospect w/o any concerns about his weight/size/availability.

Wont be cancelled, what are you talking about?  It a simple difference of opinion, dont over blow this nonsense, why should anyone get banned 

Who have I ordered to stop with I feel is bs?  I said something was bs, nothing more.  

And since you said there were all these red flags, you find all the concerned reports about his weight/size/availability.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Wont be cancelled, what are you talking about?  It a simple difference of opinion, dont over blow this nonsense, why should anyone get banned 

Who have I ordered to stop with I feel is bs?  I said something was bs, nothing more.  

And since you said there were all these red flags, you find all the concerned reports about his weight/size/availability.

Great - a simple difference of opinion.

I think Becton was a huge gamble for JD to take with highly valuable draft capitol and it looks like he's going to be a bust. He *can* turn it around and be an All-Pro but I don't see it happening.

If you can't recall reading about Becton's pre-draft issues (red flags) then that's your problem.

Do you still think Becton is/was the right pick?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I think Becton was a huge gamble for JD to take with highly valuable draft capitol and it looks like he's going to be a bust. He *can* turn it around and be an All-Pro but I don't see it happening.

If you can't recall reading about Becton's pre-draft issues (red flags) then that's your problem.

I’d’ve taken Wirfs, and said so at the time. But I can’t fault JD for swinging for Becton’s HoF type ceiling. The good news is that he seems to’ve figured that out, too, being that he followed that up in his second draft by trading up for maybe the safest OL prospect in the whole process. 

I’m still really hoping he gets on track between now and next September, but right this second it doesn’t look so great. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

He drafted Becton because he has huge upside potential.  Hes a freak and also was a LT, something Wirfs wasnt.  You cant blame him and keep saying it was risky pick, each had their backers.  I dont have a problem, there weren't all these pre draft red flags.  Yeah, someone who didnt like him may have said something negative, thats not a red flag.  That you cant give me a list of red flags is your problem, not mine, you brought them up.  

We'll see if hes a bust because he sure isnt one as of today.  

• Sympathy 1