Giants hire Bills assistant GM Joe Schoen

Rhg1084

A great move for the Giants. Who knows how good Joe Scone is but the Bills did things the right way - so that’s a good start for them. It’s also nice to see the Bills getting hit. Here’s to hoping their OC and DC get head coaching gigs over the next few weeks as well!

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I am not convinced Daboll will be a great head coach at all.

That's fair, I really wanted him last year, just seems very innovative on offense, and Im sorry but Josh Allen was a pretty lame prospect. He needs to get credit for what he turned into.

Happy with Saleh, but if Daboll turns out to be a top HC with our rivals and Saleh doesnt, its going to sting. By no means am I saying that will happen, but Id rather just avoid the possibility all together.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I am not convinced Daboll will be a great head coach at all.

56 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

That's fair, I really wanted him last year, just seems very innovative on offense, and Im sorry but Josh Allen was a pretty lame prospect. He needs to get credit for what he turned into.

Happy with Saleh, but if Daboll turns out to be a top HC with our rivals and Saleh doesnt, its going to sting. By no means am I saying that will happen, but Id rather just avoid the possibility all together.

Daboll is one of those guys I wanted initially last year... Until I actually reviewed his resume.

Forget the fact that you never know if a playcaller will be a good HC -- he had never actually had any success as an OC until the Bills job. Didn't work out with the Browns, Dolphins or Chiefs, Alabama fans were fine to drive him to the airport when he wanted to return to the NFL.

Couple that with rumblings that Ken Dorsey deserves more credit than Daboll for Josh Allen's development and the case for Daboll becomes pretty thin.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Daboll is one of those guys I wanted initially last year... Until I actually reviewed his resume.

Forget the fact that you never know if a playcaller will be a good HC -- he had never actually had any success as an OC until the Bills job. Didn't work out with the Browns, Dolphins or Chiefs, Alabama fans were fine to drive him to the airport when he wanted to return to the NFL.

Couple that with rumblings that Ken Dorsey deserves more credit than Daboll for Josh Allen's development and the case for Daboll becomes pretty thin.

Fair enough. There are definite red flags. The fact that he didnt get a job last year seems even more concerning than the valid points you bring up. Time will tell.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Would you prefer he goes to the dolphins?

OOOO thats a tough one, but probably. The Giant's being consistently good would annoy me more than the Dolphins being consistently good.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wut?

I guess it's weird but being a Jet fan in New York, it is way more irritating when the Giants are good as opposed to the Dolphins. Maybe part of it because most of my existence the Dolphins have been as, and many times even more pathetic than the Jets. The Marino years were a bit before my time.

Interesting because in baseball im the opposite way and would rather the Yankees win every world series as opposed to anyone other then the Mets in the NL east. Can't really explain it in any logical way, just is.

• Upvote 2