How should JD go about acquiring a WR?

Rhg1084

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If Douglas goes back to back defense he might as well wear a sign saying fire me. Jeremiah seems like a nice young fellow, but if him and Douglas are still friends and on the same page then they’re idiots.

Ya. He cannot do that. If he went 2 O and 2 D with the first 4 picks I could deal but ultimately I’d prefer 3 O and 1 D.

Add D in FA. 

7 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

You realize the Rams are going to be in hell in a few years when they aren't as good but have no draft picks for the next 50 years. It's not sustainable, and cap space is eventually going to die out.

• Upvote 1

No one wants to be realistic I see. This is the same thing that has happen the past 3 or so years on this forum. The top WR targets are not going to flock here to play with Wilson as of yet. 

A more realistic option would be to target D.J. Chark Jr. Still relatively young at 25 however INJ prone. Don't think he's the best of the crop, however it may be the best we can do. It's sort of a similar situation as to when we signed Jamison Crowder away from the Skins. 

The Jets are still the ugly chicks at the bar fulled with baddies. Most likely many WRs are going to look over us due to our situation. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

No one wants to be realistic I see. This is the same thing that has happen the past 3 or so years on this forum. The top WR targets are not going to flock here to play with Wilson as of yet. 

A more realistic option would be to target D.J. Chark Jr. Still relatively young at 25 however INJ prone. Don't think he's the best of the crop, however it may be the best we can do. It's sort of a similar situation as to when we signed Jamison Crowder away from the Skins. 

The Jets are still the ugly chicks at the bar fulled with baddies. Most likely many WRs are going to look over us due to our situation. 

Disregard.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Which is the most preferable choice:

Trade a 2 for Ridley

Trade pick 10 for DK

Trade maybe a 3 or 4 for Amari (take on contract)

Free agency (Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, Godwin, Gallup)

Draft (Wilson, Burks, Olave, Williams) 

I'd pass on all three of those trades and sign Allen Robinson. He had a bad year hopefully that helps contract wise. He will shine with a fresh start.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

No need to be a blue pill Jet fan.

The only how this team is getting a top WR is by drafting one. Our options in FA are once again going to be weak. Unless the FA flat out wants to play in New Jersey is the only way we'll get graced with a top option. 

Oh no I agree with you. I meant to disregard my prior comment which I deleted. I mistakenly thought you were suggesting players on the trading block wouldn't want to come here. But i realized you were referring to FAs.

I cant see us attracting a top FA WR either. We are going to have to trade for one or draft one.

12 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Oh no I agree with you. I meant to disregard my prior comment which I deleted. I mistakenly thought you were suggesting players on the trading block wouldn't want to come here. But i realized you were referring to FAs.

I cant see us attracting a top FA WR either. We are going to have to trade for one or draft one.

My bad, disregard lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I’m down for ARob for sure. 

sort of doubt he comes here, but sign me up 

I dont remember exactly, but I seem to remember he was ready to come to New York last year with his Twitter activity.  

Allen Robinson would be a great target in Free Agent, won't cost draft capital, and has always played at a high level without the best QBs.

13 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

How do the Packers franchise tag Davante Adams if the below is true? Someone that is a cap wizard please explain that to me. 

After the Packers restructured Rodgers’ deal, pushing almost $10 million of cap dollars to next year to create space for this year, the Packers are now almost $50 million over the salary cap in 2022, according to Over the Cap. The Packers have $257 million worth of contracts committed to 52 players for the 2022 season.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

I dont even see how it is to 52 players.  OTC says 41 signed and spotrac says 39 signed.

I believe that they have to be under the cap by the start of the league year, so it's not like they can tag him in the negative and trade him.  

On 1/21/2022 at 12:15 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Trade a 2 for Ridley

Trade pick 10 for DK

Good lord. DRAFT ONE OR TWO

NFL GMs and Jerry Jones are licking their chops knowing that the Jets need a WR and will try to trade JD one.   He should show restraint.

You build a team by drafting or signing FAs.  When you trade for a player you have to pay, you pay 2x.  Yes, other teams have done that, but the Jets have too many holes.  

Robinson is going to want to find a team with a good QB after he's spent the bulk of his career with sub-par quarterbacking. If the Jets can convince him that Wilson is the real deal, then I'd be happy to see him with the Jets. I just don't see that happening, as I would speculate that the size of his pay-packet will be secondary to who he is catching the ball from.

I wouldn't be trading draft capital for a wide receiver, though. Sign Godwin (won't be franchise tagged by Tampa Bay, you wouldn't think because he was tagged for the 2021 season) or Gallup and wait for him to get healthy. Draft a wide receiver or two. Re-sign Berrios.

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2022 at 11:15 AM, Rhg1084 said:

Trade a 2 for Ridley

Trade pick 10 for DK

Get Ridley and DK ... lets stop with the games and get serious and if that's not enough draft one as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 1/21/2022 at 12:47 PM, playtowinthegame said:

Go get Davante Adams for Zach Wilson. He goes to play for Matt's Lafleur's brother Mike, then Zach Wilson becomes a young Aaron Rodgers. 

Note: Keep the draft picks for more salary-cap friendly home-grown players. We reset the window of time we don't have to pay QB1 money by drafting Zach Wilson last year. Give that money to Davante Adams. Go all in on Zach Wilson. 

Who’s spot will he take?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

Who’s spot will he take?

Who's spot will Devonte Adams take ?? other than Elijah Moore he can take any damn spot he wants ...are you serious with this question ? Sad part is he is 29 but would go a long way in the development of our young QB. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/21/2022 at 8:08 PM, Hex said:

You realize the Rams are going to be in hell in a few years when they aren't as good but have no draft picks for the next 50 years. It's not sustainable, and cap space is eventually going to die out.

The Rams are obviously all in on winning a title - if they win that's great.

To me, with cap space, a trade for Amari Cooper is all on on trying to maximize the chances of successfully developing Zach Wilson into a franchise quarterback - and feel they need to tread water with offensive talent to accomplish that. A draft pick, while better financially, has a lower probability of helping next year.

Would be overpaid over the course of his rookie deal, maybe the latter portion of which the Jets are trying to compete, but if they think better skill position talent could make a difference in his development it's worth the cost - if it's cap space and a mid-round pick.

Think Cooper could be appealing IF his contract significantly lowers his trade value. And it's just three years and he's cuttable. I'm not sure taking on a big contract for an okay player is as valuable for other teams as it would be for the Jets or the Jags.

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2022 at 12:15 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Trade a 2 for Ridley

Trade pick 10 for DK

Blows my mind that anyone here would want ridley. Yes, he has shown some talent, but this isnt the type of team that can take on a player like that. He needs to be on a team where he is just one of the guys on the team. If he came here, the pressure for him to succeed would be immense. For a guy with mental health problems, it makes zero sense for this team. He is not a good fit here.

7 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Blows my mind that anyone here would want ridley. Yes, he has shown some talent, but this isnt the type of team that can take on a player like that. He needs to be on a team where he is just one of the guys on the team. If he came here, the pressure for him to succeed would be immense. For a guy with mental health problems, it makes zero sense for this team. He is not a good fit here.

He played for Alabama where the pressure is the highest in the county. Playing for the crap Jets there is no pressure 

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

He played for Alabama where the pressure is the highest in the county. Playing for the crap Jets there is no pressure 

dude was surrounded by other star players at alabama.  This year in ATL, he was it heading into the season. We have no idea why he really needed to take the season off, but there is something off with him. dude is still really young. Don't think the veteran leadership is here to support a guy like him. 

• Upvote 1