Could you see the Jets trading their #10 pick with the New Orlean Saints #18 pick, if QB Kenny Pickett or Matt Corral is available at #10?

Alka

I think what is holding back the Saints from getting back into the playoffs is a legitimate QB, and I don't think they have one on their roster to get them there.  They need their replacement for Drew Brees, and they might need to trade up to do it.

I've seen mock drafts where Pickett is taken at #9, or the Saints taking him at #18.  They could also be interested in Matt Corral, but if they have a preference, and Denver takes one of them at #9, the Saints might want to jump up to get either one if the other one is gone at #9.

What if either one is available at #10, "Would you trade the pick to the Saints if they were interested for their #18 pick, the #47 pick, and their 4th round pick?  Looking at the point values, the Jets would be ahead in that trade.

If the Jets made that trade, they could get a top-line wide receiver at #18, and add a valuable player at #47, to go along with our #35 and #38.

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I think a trade down to the 17-25 area would be great, but getting a first round pick next year in return would be ideal.  Pittsburgh or New Orleans first this year and next sounds great.  

I don't think that would happen, since the point value system doesn't support that much draft capital.  Speaking point value wise, getting the #47 pick along with #18 for #10 is an even trade, but I don't think the Jets would make that trade unless they got something more than that, like adding in the Saints 4th round pick as well, which would make the trade a win for the Jets.

5 minutes ago, Alka said:

I don't think that would happen, since the point value system doesn't support that much draft capital.  Speaking point value wise, getting the #47 pick along with #18 for #10 is an even trade, but I don't think the Jets would make that trade unless they got something more than that, like adding in the Saints 4th round pick as well, which would make the trade a win for the Jets.

The hope is that a couple of teams get into a bidding war, hoping to jump Washington and Minnesota to grab the qb.  

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

The hope is that a couple of teams get into a bidding war, hoping to jump Washington and Minnesota to grab the qb.  

Let's not forget Pittsburgh at #20, who looks like they need a QB as well.  I really think the Jets sitting at #10 makes the likelihood of a trade down a real possibility.  Especially if Denver at #9 takes one of the QB's off the board.  Then, there might be a scramble to trade up to #10 with the Jets to get the next QB before they are off the board.

• Upvote 1

I think what is holding back the Saints from getting back into the playoffs is a legitimate QB, and I don't think they have one on their roster to get them there.  They need their replacement for Drew Brees, and they might need to trade up to do it.
I've seen mock drafts where Pickett is taken at #9, or the Saints taking him at #18.  They could also be interested in Matt Corral, but if they have a preference, and Denver takes one of them at #9, the Saints might want to jump up to get either one if the other one is gone at #9.
What if either one is available at #10, "Would you trade the pick to the Saints if they were interested for their #18 pick, the #47 pick, and their 4th round pick?  Looking at the point values, the Jets would be ahead in that trade.
If the Jets made that trade, they could get a top-line wide receiver at #18, and add a valuable player at #47, to go along with our #35 and #38.

To go along with that scenario. I’d trade the 4 th as well and slip to 8 th where I’d pick Ojabo. Pick up another 2 Nd rd pick this year and next do your scenario and draft Linderbaum at 18 and with our 3 2 Nd rd picks trade 2of them back to 12 or so get London while still having the 47???

2 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

To go along with that scenario. I’d trade the 4 th as well and slip to 8 th where I’d pick Ojabo. Pick up another 2 Nd rd pick this year and next do your scenario and draft Linderbaum at 18 and with our 3 2 Nd rd picks trade 2of them back to 12 or so get London while still having the 47???

I think the possibilities for the Jets are endless as you have stated.  But the #4 pick is so important, since a premium edge rusher or one of the 2 top tackles will be available at that pick. Is Ojabo worth the trade?  The Jets would have to get the #8 pick, plus a 1st round pick for next year.  I don't know if I would do the deal for anything less.  

This a flattened curve draft. The top slots are only marginally better than the next 20 and the second to third rounds are solid. Thus the benefit of trading down. But those who say this is a bad draft are completely wrong. It's lacking superstars, but it's deep in A to B+ players in many positions, especially defense. That's actually a positive for a team looking to built up a roster quickly.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, to me the Saints and the Steelers as I think you mentioned in another post are prime trade up candidates, moving down from 10 makes a lot of sense for the Jets in this class, and it’s easy to see a team that wants a QB wanting to get ahead of Washington. Lots of potential QB teams in the teens overall. Clicks from a few angles.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

Confused The Kid Mero GIF by Desus & Mero

• Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, Alka said:

Depends on the demand, of course, but if they could pull that off of course I'd do it, but they have so many picks this year I think the goal is parlaying it into an extra high pick next year more than an extra 2022 2nd rounder.  

Also not that I'm expecting it, but don't discount the possibility of Douglas trading one of our picks for a player, though I think that'd have to wait until the first (and maybe also the 2nd) wave of FA is over. Jets have plenty of cap room -- certainly enough to bridge the cap between a #4/#10 overall pick's $7-10MM/yr contract and a veteran who's on (or who needs) a $20MM+/yr contract, and should be that much more able to make it fit with so many draft picks over just the 2021-22 seasons that they need to sign fewer FAs to complement them.

I don't have anyone in mind; just saying it could happen. Beats reaching by prospect or by position imo. 

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Depends on the demand, of course, but if they could pull that off of course I'd do it, but they have so many picks this year I think the goal is parlaying it into an extra high pick next year more than an extra 2022 2nd rounder.  

I also suppose getting the #47 pick is dependent on if the Jets have high enough grades on the top 50 picks, or if they have a certain player or players in mind that they feel confident will be there at #47.   

I think the possibilities for the Jets are endless as you have stated.  But the #4 pick is so important, since a premium edge rusher or one of the 2 top tackles will be available at that pick. Is Ojabo worth the trade?  The Jets would have to get the #8 pick, plus a 1st round pick for next year.  I don't know if I would do the deal for anything less.  

You know what that’s exactly what I was thinking bout the 1 next year but thought maybe that was too much. Get it done JD!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I doubt the Saints are going for a QB in the first round, despite what everybody thinks. They didn't even draft Brees, I think that they will try for another year or two to try and succeed with a QB already in the league before using a draft pick on one. Especially in this draft, and considering their holes.

QB’s that are showing in the 10-20 range today will be in the top 10 so long as they have good combines/pro days. If teams are looking to trade for a QB I think our #4 pick to get ahead of the Giants is the one in play. I think their new GM is going to want to start over with his guy, so our 4 overall is the one a team is going to need to trade up to if they really want one. I could also see DET taking a guy to sit behind Goff for a year.

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

QB’s that are showing in the 10-20 range today will be in the top 10 so long as they have good combines/pro days. If teams are looking to trade for a QB I think our #4 pick to get ahead of the Giants is the one in play. I think their new GM is going to want to start over with his guy, so our 4 overall is the one a team is going to need to trade up to if they really want one. I could also see DET taking a guy to sit behind Goff for a year.

While I’d agree, Houston could trump us. Need to overbid them for a trade back.