Daniel Jeremiah 2022 Mock 1/21/22

12 hours ago, David Harris said:

Insightful video of him. Impressive mature young man. Double edged sword though.  He’s got a broader vision and perspective which makes me wonder if he will eat and breathe football like guys like Ekwonu. In football you may prefer the soldier with tunnel vision.  He’s talking about corporate relationships and branding. Is he a dawg that’s going to be obsessed with greatness?

And Jeremiah’s got a good track record mocking the top 5.  This mock matters more than any others at this point in the process.

Completely agree about DJ.  It’s worth noting the order he has players coming off the board by position and the range they are getting picked instead of focusing on which team is making the picks.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

No issues with the Thibs pick. A CB would be helpful, especially with the assumption that we’ve addressed the safety spot in a big way, but I don’t know if I’d find it an exciting pick

Those two picks would result in Douglas getting fired. 

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

Insightful video of him. Impressive mature young man. Double edged sword though.  He’s got a broader vision and perspective which makes me wonder if he will eat and breathe football like guys like Ekwonu. In football you may prefer the soldier with tunnel vision.  He’s talking about corporate relationships and branding. Is he a dawg that’s going to be obsessed with greatness?

And Jeremiah’s got a good track record mocking the top 5.  This mock matters more than any others at this point in the process.

Idk. There’s a stigmatism with PAC-12 players that he’ll need to shake off 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

A cornerback is definitely in play with one of our first two picks.

Douglas hasn’t had enough drafts to identify tendencies so I don't think we can say that he absolutely doesn’t draft corners high. And Saleh had Richard Sherman in SF so I don’t agree that good corners aren’t necessary for his system. 

Last, our cornerbacks outside of Hall sucked last year. They were not even close to adequate. 

I’ll believe it when I see it but, for now, I don’t. Sherman, himself, was a fifth round pick. This system relies heavily on getting a pass rush from the front four. A CB disrupts one WR while a quality Edge disrupts the QB (read: the entire play). The Jets didn’t have that pass rush last year. Once they do, the CBs will look a lot better when the QB no longer has all day to throw. The plan last year was to give those kids real experience and a baptism by fire -and there definitely was some burning going on- and next year they come back seasoned and knowing what to expect. Hall, MC2, and Echols isn’t a terrible group. I could maybe see them taking Hamilton as a BAP type pick at #10, maybe, just because he is an unusual talent at the position, but not a CB. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, slats said:

I’ll believe it when I see it but, for now, I don’t. Sherman, himself, was a fifth round pick. This system relies heavily on getting a pass rush from the front four. A CB disrupts one WR while a quality Edge disrupts the QB (read: the entire play). The Jets didn’t have that pass rush last year. Once they do, the CBs will look a lot better when the QB no longer has all day to throw. The plan last year was to give those kids real experience and a baptism by fire -and there definitely was some burning going on- and next year they come back seasoned and knowing what to expect. Hall, MC2, and Echols isn’t a terrible group. I could maybe see them taking Hamilton as a BAP type pick at #10, maybe, just because he is an unusual talent at the position, but not a CB. 

i agree, i think we saw the plan for the secondary in last year’s draft.  The two biggest needs now are pass rushers and offensive weapons, with OL as the next need esp. if becton can’t play.  

I just can’t see a DB in round 1. It would be such a departure from everything JD and Saleh have done, a complete 180.

If Thibs is there, he will 100% be the pick. If the worst thing we can say about him is he’s a bit of a know it all jerk, I’m good with that. The best athletes of all time were jerks: Brady, Rodgers, MJ. It’s just how they’re wired.

I do like the idea of Ekwonu, however, not if Thibs is there at 4. Doubt he falls to 10 but I do feel like a good OL will be available at 10. Cross if want Becton insurance, Green if you looking for a guard that has enough versatility to play tackle.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Thibs seems obsessed with his personal brand early in the process. 

The signs appear early with some players, indicating a future for their football life, no matter how talented, that may not work as a team player.

Big Ticket buying that crazy expensive flash necklace after being drafted was unsettling.

Thibs, a smart young man but is he the right fit? Most thought Jamal Adam's early swagger was a great thing, but it unraveled. It became a distraction.

Sheldon Richardson I loved in interviews, that dude's talk made me smile, and a gamer on the football field...but  he was too wild a man to tow the Jets company line and cash in on a second contract.

I want a football player, who lives for ball; leads a boring home life, is obsessed with staying in shape, watching film, learning every day.