Baldy dunks on the Wilson skeptics

NYJets43

Like you I loved Z's 55yrd scramble but let's be honest....at least 3 jags pulled up (vs planting Z into next week). What's with Jags #38 running alongside Z for the last 5 yrds? Are players really THAT scared of leveling a QB, even one who's running wild?

If those Jag players were on our D we'd have run them out of town!

13 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

You're saying bring in JG and let Zach sit behind him for a year or two? 

Nah we have to go with ZW at this point.  It's just funny how the timing of stuff like this works.

I do think what you described might be what happens to Mac Jones though (sitting behind Jimmy G).  I could also see the Pats trading Mac.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Nah we have to go with ZW at this point.  It's just funny how the timing of stuff like this works.

I do think what you described might be what happens to Mac Jones though (sitting behind Jimmy G).  I could also see the Pats trading Mac.

Interesting take on Mac. I think his ceiling is so low. I don't think he's ever going to be much better than he was this year. A lesser Alex Smith.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Interesting take on Mac. I think his ceiling is so low. I don't think he's ever going to be much better than he was this year. A lesser Alex Smith.

I actually started to really have some respect for Alex Smith in KC.  Of course the injury while in Washington was terrible.  Not sure I think Mac is worthy of even a "lesser Alex Smith" comparison.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I love baldys breakdowns but they are overly optimistic.  Trevon westco should be a pro bowler by now and Becton should be getting fitted for a canton jacket.

He was pumping up a quick out.  He played in how many games and how many snaps, and an 2 yard out route is what you point to?  Come on bro

15 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My favorite Jamarcus Russell story was when Raiderholic came here and told me that Russell was going yo break out that season, was going to replace Brady as the top NF QB  and was on his was to a possible MVP season.

That was the season Jamarcus was cut by the Raiders.  You cant make stuff like that up.  Priceless

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/seasontype/2

image.thumb.png.1999f95ba61ff429474351bd82d069be.png

Zach ranked #30 in the NFL in QBR so we should hope it gets better.  I hate that one of the highlights he showed was that long TD run on the play where the Jax defenders played half-hearted.

I know that Zach has a long way to go before we anoint him the Franchise QB and savior of the Jets. But this exact QBR stat shows why stats can be so deceiving and simply cannot be referenced without further analysis or a legitimate breakdown. 

Fields is ranked below him. Lawrence (picked ahead of Wilson and considered a generational talent) is ranked just ahead of him at 28), Mills is ranked at 26. All of these are rookies on bad teams. That tells me that their QBR has at least a little to do with that. Mac Jones seems to be the only exception and we all saw what happened in the playoffs with him. 

Then you look at the guys further up on the list and its Big Ben, Matty Ice, Baker, Teddy, Lamar Jackson. Sure, maybe I'm lumping them in but Big Beg is 25th on this list, Ryan is 21st. Does that make them terrible QBs? 

Looks like the top of the list are either elite QBs like Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Wilson. Or guys who are borderline elite like Allen, Herbert, Murray, Prescott. Or guys that had great seasons like Burrow, Stafford, Tannehill, Wentz. 

So what to make of Wilsons QBR at 30? IMO its that he's a rookie on a young team trying to find his footing in the NFL. No mystery here. We all saw it as the season went on. QBR seems like an easy way to tell if a QB had a good season because it takes into account a bunch of different stats. But pig picture I think it can be really deceiving. 

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't really see this as a dunk. I love Wilson and I think he is going to be great. But this is 3 plays. If he couldn't find 3 plays we would have another problem.

I completely agree. But I think the gist of this little 2min vid was to say that Zach showed flashes and not just flashes but flashes of brilliance. 

• Upvote 1