The Draft Has Become Clear ..

Other than the ghost, has anybody given Carl Lawson updates? 

—-  edit —-

from Google here is baseline:

Rosemont, Ill., July 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- According to the results of a recent study published in Foot & Ankle International (FAI), professional athletes who experienced Achilles tendon (AT) rupture were unable to return to sport participation 24% of the time. For those who did return, it took roughly 11 months after the injury and efficiency ratings and statistics declined. This review offers data to help set goals and expectations for athletes returning to play after AT rupture.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I was awoken last night by a green ghost who looked like a cross between Shrek and Don Maynard.  When I asked him his name, he murmured “the Ghost of what is to come”

He told me the following while fluffing up my pillow and tucking me back in.

1. That the Jets FO knows they need good players now and will not reach

2. They prefer to trade back but will not do so for future picks or 2nd rounders

3. In round 1, they will draft a WR named London.  Their other pick will be either an interior OL or a CB named Sauce, depending on  how they fill needs in FA

4. Surprisingly to some, they will not draft an Edge until the beginning of Round 2.  They view Karlaftis as a bust prospect and Ojabo as a 3-4 Edge

5. They believe Edge and LB are deep in this draft and will add them in Round 2 (while also landing a LB in FA).  Early recovery reports on Carl Lawson are “extremely promising”, he whispered 

6. Tight End #2 will be taken in round 3 after Tight End #1 in FA

7. Somewhat miscellaneous, they are looking to trade Wesco for either Wendy’s curly fries or a McDonald’s apple pie.  “Saleh supposedly wants him out really bad”

This is how my spirit friend told me it will play out.  Nice guy by the way, left chanting “Marino sucks.”

Please don’t shoot the messenger.

Shrooms, not just for breakfast anymore....

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/21/2022 at 11:03 PM, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I was awoken last night by a green ghost who looked like a cross between Shrek and Don Maynard.  When I asked him his name, he murmured “the Ghost of what is to come”

He told me the following while fluffing up my pillow and tucking me back in.

1. That the Jets FO knows they need good players now and will not reach

2. They prefer to trade back but will not do so for future picks or 2nd rounders

3. In round 1, they will draft a WR named London.  Their other pick will be either an interior OL or a CB named Sauce, depending on  how they fill needs in FA

4. Surprisingly to some, they will not draft an Edge until the beginning of Round 2.  They view Karlaftis as a bust prospect and Ojabo as a 3-4 Edge

5. They believe Edge and LB are deep in this draft and will add them in Round 2 (while also landing a LB in FA).  Early recovery reports on Carl Lawson are “extremely promising”, he whispered 

6. Tight End #2 will be taken in round 3 after Tight End #1 in FA

7. Somewhat miscellaneous, they are looking to trade Wesco for either Wendy’s curly fries or a McDonald’s apple pie.  “Saleh supposedly wants him out really bad”

This is how my spirit friend told me it will play out.  Nice guy by the way, left chanting “Marino sucks.”

Please don’t shoot the messenger.

The Jets passing on Karalaftis will ensure he is taken by the Giants and make everyone forget about Strahan. 

17 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

After watching the Rams/Bucs, get me OL and DL (yes, edge). It’s won in the trenches.

This is the story almost EVERY time in the playoffs. Yes, there are big plays with playmakers. Yes, there is great QB play- OBVIOUSLY. But you HAVE to have a great O-line and you HAVE to have a a great Pass Rush if you want to win. 

On 1/22/2022 at 2:57 PM, Hal N of Provo said:

Other than the ghost, has anybody given Carl Lawson updates? 

—-  edit —-

from Google here is baseline:

Rosemont, Ill., July 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- According to the results of a recent study published in Foot & Ankle International (FAI), professional athletes who experienced Achilles tendon (AT) rupture were unable to return to sport participation 24% of the time. For those who did return, it took roughly 11 months after the injury and efficiency ratings and statistics declined. This review offers data to help set goals and expectations for athletes returning to play after AT rupture.

yea, I wouldn't count on Lawson being effective next season.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, peebag said:

yea, I wouldn't count on Lawson being effective next season.

Yeah, it’s not wise to expect him to return to where he was.  

On the plus side he is dedicated and full of fire, so he’ll get everything possible out of his body. His motor is part of who he is as a player, so if his body cooperates he will contribute.  

12 minutes ago, PepPep said:

This is the story almost EVERY time in the playoffs. Yes, there are big plays with playmakers. Yes, there is great QB play- OBVIOUSLY. But you HAVE to have a great O-line and you HAVE to have a a great Pass Rush if you want to win. 

I didn't see much great O-Line play.  I saw Aaron Donald and Von Miller absolutely torturing Brady behind the Bucs O-Line.  I saw 9 sacks in the GB-SF game.  I saw Joe Burrow get sacked 9 times and still win.  I saw 4 amazing games without a single 100-yard rusher on any team. 

Great QBs with great WRs seem to find a way to succeed even without running games and protection in today's NFL.  At least that's what I saw this weekend.  

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I didn't see much great O-Line play.  I saw Aaron Donald and Von Miller absolutely torturing Brady behind the Bucs O-Line.  I saw 9 sacks in the GB-SF game.  I saw Joe Burrow get sacked 9 times and still win.  I saw 4 amazing games without a single 100-yard rusher on any team. 

Great QBs with great WRs seem to find a way to succeed even without running games and protection in today's NFL.  At least that's what I saw this weekend.  

Well, the Rams were doing everything they could to give (fumble) that game away. Let's not pretend it was a close game throughout. And a big reason why Brady was tortured was b/c Wirfs was out. Donald even lined up on the outside SPECIFICALLY so he could take advantage of that. So again, while I agree that its always critical to have a stud QB and weapons around him. A great O-line and great Pass Rush is how you win. The result may have been very different if Wirfs played this game and Donald or Von Miller or Floyd were out due to injury.  

On 1/22/2022 at 7:08 AM, FidelioJet said:

They are in desperate need of a #1WR.  It's unlikely they'll find someone in free agency or fill that hole in the 2nd.

They'll take a WR at 10 if they don't fill it before the draft.  Otherwise I can absolutely see a D heavy draft.

Ridley's not #1 enough for you?