Troy Aikman takes shot at Jets

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

If you don't do anything in the postseason, then you're really at the end of the day, no different than the Jacksonville Jaguars or the New York Jets that didn't get in (to the playoffs)."

I agree with that. If all you are is a team that gets bounced early (Wild Card Round) in the playoffs, then you're just "playoff fodder" playing 1 extra game than the rest of the teams who missed the playoffs. Cowboys act like they're contenders but they're not anything but a tease that gets bounced early. 

• Upvote 2

I don't think it was much of a shot at the Jets as the Cowboys. He is saying, for a time with all of the pieces if you don't win in the post season, it is no different than a team at the bottom of the league - 1 year away from #1 and 2 with just 3 or 4 wins. What I think he is saying is that the expectations for the Jets and the Jags this year was not high, while the expectations for the Dallas was a strong showing in Post season - so, Dallas failed worse than the Jets/Jags.

Of course, if you don't want to be used as the - no better than - team, win games and go to the playoffs :-)

56 minutes ago, NYJets43 said:

I thought this was going to be about his comments last week where he liberated Todd Bowles for his entire Jets tenure for the sole reason that it was the Jets he coached. 

I hope Jones hires bowles to be head coach of his team. I'd love to hear Troy's opinion of bowles when he punts while two scores down and 5 minutes left to go in the game

• Haha 2

This is why you need a Super Star top 6 QB, a JAG QB will keep you in the middle of the pack, with terrible draft position and no real way to elevate unless you are that outlier legendary defense with a top running game.

This is why pats will likely go nowhere with Mac Jones.

Took a "shot" is a bit of a stretch.

He's saying a one-and-done team (Dallas) is essentially the same as a non-playoff team (Jacksonville and NYJ).

Given that the Jets have the longest running playoff drought in the NFL at the moment, I'd say that's a fair team to reference.

• Upvote 3

i have a hard time believing aikman talks to anyone in the jets building.  that guy is a cowboy through in through.  after seeing the cowgirls flail along for the past 30 years he's talking more about them.  they're sitting and watching the playoffs just like the jets or the jags or the patsies, etc.

Tampa Bay and New Orleans for the bulk of my life have been awful teams that were a joke.  Now people see them as a paragon of stability.  Win a SuperBowl and people forget how terrible your organization was for the decades before.  Wanna stop being the SoJ's?  Win!  Easy Peasy. 

I've said this time and time again. This narrative isn't going to change until the players think they have something to play for. If they don't stop saying 'this year doesn't matter' and crap like that nothing is going to change. I don't care if the Jets pump out 6 wins in a season, if they didn't come in with the goal of winning every game they could it doesn't matter.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Origen said:

Tampa Bay and New Orleans for the bulk of my life have been awful teams that were a joke.  Now people see them as a paragon of stability.  Win a SuperBowl and people forget how terrible your organization was for the decades before.  Wanna stop being the SoJ's?  Win!  Easy Peasy. 

Kansas City too, but in a different way. They have the same amount of playoff wins from 1969 to 2018 as they do from 2018 to 2021. That's about as unbelievable as Mark Sanchez having more playoff wins that the Cowboys. It makes you realize how quickly things can turn around.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

"Changing the coach is one thing, but you have to look at how things are run out there. I talk to people in the building and from what I hear is that there's a lot of dysfunction. If you don't do anything in the postseason, then you're really at the end of the day, no different than the Jacksonville Jaguars or the New York Jets that didn't get in (to the playoffs)."

Jets continue to be the national laughing stock! When is this thing ever gonna get turned around?!!

Ive been saying this for over a decade. When you work for someone who is not smart…. Dysfunction follows.  Downvote me all you want but our record tells the truth.  Troy is correct.  Who leaves their team to their unaccomplished brother???  Like it is a news paper route. This team failed miserably under Chris.  THAT is on Woody.   

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

"Changing the coach is one thing, but you have to look at how things are run out there. I talk to people in the building and from what I hear is that there's a lot of dysfunction. If you don't do anything in the postseason, then you're really at the end of the day, no different than the Jacksonville Jaguars or the New York Jets that didn't get in (to the playoffs)."

Jets continue to be the national laughing stock! When is this thing ever gonna get turned around?!!

I don't consider that a shot at the Jets. He was just making a point.  

BTW, if the Jets don't want to be used as an example of a losing team, start winning. Winning begets respect.

21 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Honestly, who cares. We are picking in the top 5 to top 10 of the draft for how many years now. Is this some sort of epiphany that this team is bad. We are the definition  of suck in the NFL until we start to win. 

22 hours ago, munchmemory said:

For a long time, folks on these message boards have noted a similarity in their appearance.

Believing theres a resemblance goes a long way towards understanding some of the takes on these message boards then.  Thanks

• Haha 1