What about a Michael Thomas trade?

NYJets43

It’s the chicken and the egg. 

He wouldn’t cost anything in terms of draft compensation, but his contract is an albatross if he doesn’t return to form. 

I can’t see any team trading for him (unless he agrees to a restructure), but the Saints cut him he’d be a good option on a one year deal. 

2 minutes ago, NYJets43 said:

He wouldn’t cost anything in terms of draft compensation, but his contract is an albatross if he doesn’t return to form. 

I can’t see any team trading for him (unless he agrees to a restructure), but the Saints cut him he’d be a good option on a one year deal. 

The only way the Jets are getting a Michael Thomas would be from a trade.  If he gets cut and becomes a free agent, he will seek a contender.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

The only way the Jets are getting a Michael Thomas would be from a trade.  If he gets cut and becomes a free agent, he will seek a contender.

Not necessarily a contender but a team with a with a competent QB with cap space. Therefore he can produce statically and get paid. These WRs are cool with loosing as long as they pad their stats. It's the combination of loosing and not producing that drives them crazy. 

1 hour ago, Mo Lew said:

If his medicals check out I would think long and hard about giving #10 for him. 

Top 3 wr when he is on his game and I’m sure he’s hungry to put the last 2 years in the rear view. 

No way in hell do I give up # 10 draft pick. Come to think of it a seventh rounder is too much considering his unavailability these past years. A Free Agent prove it deal is about as high as I go

• Upvote 3

Pass - when was the last time he had a solid year - 2 full seasons ago. If the receiver can't step in immediately as a number 1 we should just draft one at #10 or move back a bit in the first round and draft a receiver. I'm with Connor Hughes, I think we'll work out a deal for Ridley. Maybe move back via a trade, get some compensation and give that second #1 to Atlanta after the trade back. If Ridley checks out, of course, he will make our QB, line, running backs and receivers all better. No other player we would draft in the first round this year can do that IMO. After watching lots of Jets draft stuff, the well connected people think that this draft isn't elite at the top and if you can grab a young, elite player that is already established, trading that pick for that player will help your team more.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, NYJets43 said:

No. It would be a series of 3 1-yr deals, at 15, 15, and 18M - no guaranteed money, no dead hit if cut after a trade.

• Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, NYJets43 said:

3 years at $15.5m, $15.7m and like $17m if I remember correctly. If he is 80% of the player he was it would be a good trade. Top WR contract right now is D Hop at $27m then 2nd place is like $23m or so.

I'd be pretty surprised if the Saints weren't able to find a trade partner. I could see him going for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.