*** NFL Gameday 01/22 ***

Beerfish

Just now, BigRy56 said:

That was a good game. Tannehill is what he is - the Titans will be good and relevant with him at the helm but never win a Superbowl. They’re kinda in no man’s land.

Burrow looked OK, hard to look good when you’ve gotten sacked 9 times. He will need to get the ball out faster next week and of course the OL needs to show up. Regardless of what happens I don’t think Cincinnati has anything to worry about at QB moving forward.

I started view Burrow as one of the future elite players after his 525 yard game

He's going to be one of the best in the game

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

That was a good game. Tannehill is what he is - the Titans will be good and relevant with him at the helm but never win a Superbowl. They’re kinda in no man’s land.

Burrow looked OK, hard to look good when you’ve gotten sacked 9 times. He will need to get the ball out faster next week and of course the OL needs to show up. Regardless of what happens I don’t think Cincinnati has anything to worry about at QB moving forward.

Is it safe to say something has to change in Tennessee? They keep running it back with Vrabel and Tanny and it’s hard to change something when you’re the #1 seed but it almost feels like they have a ceiling. Interesting situation. 

9 minutes ago, Hex said:

I can't imagine the Bengals beating the Bills or the Chiefs next game, with that OL and defense

If the Bills go in, Burrow will be getting prosthetic limbs

If the Chiefs go in, they will drop a 50 burger on them.

Remember, this is a team that allowed the Jets to score 34 points and pass for 400 yards

Remember, though, that we were QB’d by My Quite. 

In my opinion I think Mike Vrabel made a couple coaching mistakes that cost the Titans 4 points: with a little over 6 minutes before halftime not taking the XP first and instead opting for a 2-pt conversion because of a Bengals penalty, then going for it on 4th and 1 with a little over 7 minutes in the 4th quarter left instead of kicking I believe a 53-yard field goal was not a good call. That's four potential points he could have had and been up 20-16 instead of tied 16-16. I know there are no guarantees with kickers, but I just feel these coaches sometimes make bonehead decisions trying to be too aggressive instead of taking the points right in front of you in a tight game. Anyways with all that said, thank you Mike Vrabel. I took the Bengals +4 and bet $210. I remember how relieved I was each time he made those two critical mistakes.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Is it safe to say something has to change in Tennessee? They keep running it back with Vrabel and Tanny and it’s hard to change something when you’re the #1 seed but it almost feels like they have a ceiling. Interesting situation. 

Yeah I think they have got to change the QB. Why not strongly consider Rodgers, Wilson, etc.? If they’re going to be available the Titans should be involved and be ready to overpay IMO. Their window will slam shut with Tannehill

17 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Bills and chiefs fans are doing back flips. Winner gets a home afc championship game. If tennessee won they’d be on the road. Chiefs please win for all that is good in life 

So you’re saying that the winning HC of the KC/BUF game isn’t going to say “we’re on to Cincinnati”?

11 minutes ago, Hex said:

I started view Burrow as one of the future elite players after his 525 yard game

He's going to be one of the best in the game

You didn’t see it last season before his knee injury?

He was exactly what a team dreams their highly drafted rookie QB will look like, and that was without his future #1 WR.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Yeah they need to get terry Bradshaw and jimmy johnson off these pre game shows.I like them but dudes are horrible nowadays 

Maybe go the G4tv route, replace them with some nappy headed feminist that instantly starts bashing the fan base. 

Sound plan. 

14 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

In my opinion I think Mike Vrabel made a couple coaching mistakes that cost the Titans 4 points: with a little over 6 minutes before halftime not taking the XP first and instead opting for a 2-pt conversion because of a Bengals penalty, then going for it on 4th and 1 with a little over 7 minutes in the 4th quarter left instead of kicking I believe a 53-yard field goal was not a good call. That's four potential points he could have had and been up 20-16 instead of tied 16-16. I know there are no guarantees with kickers, but I just feel these coaches sometimes make bonehead decisions trying to be too aggressive instead of taking the points right in front of you in a tight game. Anyways with all that said, thank you Mike Vrabel. I took the Bengals +4 and bet $210. I remember how relieved I was each time he made those two critical mistakes.

Yes and no.

I think Vrabel is why they even stayed in it. Simply out, the Titans weren’t the better team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Lotta hate for Vrabel - and admittedly he made some in-game management mistakes - but his team sacked the opposing quarterback 9 times and held a potent Bengals offense to 19 points.

Tannehill lost this game. That's where they have to get better. 

I agree about Tannehill, but they can’t go with a rookie, this team is ready to win now.

They need to find a veteran QB like the Rams did with Stafford. I don’t think Rodgers or Wilson are going anywhere. Maybe Matty Ice?

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I agree about Tannehill, but they can’t go with a rookie, this team is ready to win now.

They need to find a veteran QB like the Rams did with Stafford. I don’t think Rodgers or Wilson are going anywhere. Maybe Matty Ice?

Can't say I have the answer to that but I just do not understand the hate for Vrabel (other than him being a former Patriot) as a coach.