*** NFL Gameday 01/22 ***

Beerfish

24 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Years ago you could when there were epic defenses that were not hamstrung by rules the nfl brought in and these guys did not have to force things.

The NFL is now an offensive league and yet another reason the jets should be taking all steps to go offense in this coming draft again and not go overly heavy on defense.

Completely agree the team should be worried about getting weapons for Wilson and protection...let the defensive coach figure out the D.  Picking a safety with the 4th would send me into a severe depression. lol

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Completely agree the team should be worried about getting weapons for Wilson and protection...let the defensive coach figure out the D.  Picking a safety with the 4th would send me into a severe depression. lol

It can’t be overstated how much the trade to get, and then the play of Sam Darnold has set back this franchise.

5 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Are we encouraged that the 49ers being an elite team since we are emulating them? Or discouraged that they haven’t missed a beat without Saleh? 

Hanging in on the road with #1 seed GB with a QB who has played terribly in the redzone?  This game could very easily be 10-7 or 14-7 49'ers without the penalties.

So yeah.... if you think how the 49'ers play has any bearing on our future prospects as a team, it's not looking terrible if ZW can be even slightly better than Jimmy G.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Hanging in on the road with #1 seed GB with a QB who has played terribly in the redzone?  This game could very easily be 10-7 or 14-7 49'ers without the penalties.

So yeah.... if you think how the 49'ers play has any bearing on our future prospects as a team, it's not looking terrible if ZW can be even slightly better than Jimmy G.

5 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

So many Rodgers throws have the same accuracy we see with Wilson except his backs and receivers catch the damn ball every single time.

At least in this game in this miserable weather.

Enough with this nonsense. Please!

There is nothing about Rodgers, the Packers, the Jets or Wilson that is remotely similar.

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Enough with this nonsense. Please!

There is nothing about Rodgers, the Packers, the Jets or Wilson that is remotely similar.

Look, I'm not comparing Wilson to Rodgers.  Only saying that not every throw from QB's that are considered great are exactly perfect in stride requiring little effort to catch.  Many of the catches this game have been extraordinary catches because the throws have not been great.

If those throws aren't caught we're looking at extremely pedestrian numbers from Rodgers.

It's a small take away from this game, but I do think it stands out.  We just spent a whole season talking about this, so I think it's relevant when we watch what having actual pass catchers on the team looks like.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1