Jump to content

*** NFL Gameday 01/22 ***


Beerfish
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Trent Williams on crutches apparently.

Deebo and Kittle hobbled off.

Everything coming up Tampa. Again.

Tampa is going to the SB unless the Rams can play their best game tomorrow 

Another Brady SB appearance 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

He's been a great QB on an overrated team who spends first rounders on backup qbs instead of pass catchers.  It was the same deal with Peyton in Indy.

Also he's allowed to ponder his future lol.  If you're still paying attention to NFL media in 2022 that's your own fault.

How did Rodgers get his start?  Oh yeah drafted JUST LIKE JORDAN LOVE. while the packers had favre

The packers have been loaded with talent for years.  Aaron Jones, Dillon, davante adams, all pro olienman.  The guy has been given everything and more to win and he has folded time after time and it is never his fault.

Ponder his future, as in instead of shutting up and pondering we will be getting sound bites from him all off season and guess what?  He will be back with the packers because he has it better there than anywhere else he could go.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Well, like, that’s just your opinion man. 

IMHO Brady is the fakest player ever. He’s Mr. Politically Correct talking points. 

 Rogers does not give a half baked sh*t about anything anyone says. He says what he means and does not care about blowback.

I appreciate that in todays world. But that’s just me. 

None of these guys are truly “smart”.  Take what they say however you want. But don’t put any of them on a pedestal. 

I was rooting for Rodgers for the way he spoke out but oh well.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The special teams didnt cause them to do nothing offensively all game. That's shifting blame. This game is on the MVP. 

Believe what you want. You're just going to continually point the finger at Rodgers no matter what. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In a game where the 49ers didn’t score an offensive or defensive touchdown, we’re gonna find blame on special teams deservedly so, but not on who’s considered to be top 5 for scoring 10 points. 50 yards in the 2nd half. As the #1 seed at home in the snow vs a 6th seed team from California. I just can’t defend the guy this time. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Icer said:

There's plenty of blame to go around. The Packers scored 3 points after the first drive of the game, but Rodgers was perfect and made no mistakes -- your words, not mine

Hilarious the lengths people will go to prop up Fraudgers

You start by saying "There's plenty of blame to go around" and end with "Fraudgers".

Hilarious the lengths people will go to call Rodgers a fraud.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JTJet said:

Believe what you want. You're just going to continually point the finger at Rodgers no matter what. 

He gets virtually all the credit when things go well and never gets any of the blame when things don;t.

Teflon Aaron

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Rodgers did not seem pleased. Pretty sure he's gonna find a way to subtlety blame other people for it. 

I mean, if my special teams cost me the game in the last 5 minutes, I would too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

Awesome quarterback. Eccentric person. Green Bay has not built enough around him - all of that is true. 

But it appears like he was caught in a lie about being vaccinated. Forget where you stand on that issue, I'm not trying to argue about that - I'm talking about how he handled it.

I think he cares what people think and that's why he was calculated in his language about it - essentially leading people to believe one thing, but being so careful with his language that if the truth came out, he'd have some deniability. That's some politician sh*t for sure.  

I think his language was completely intentional based upon the political BS that’s been thrust upon this country. 

He could not state his true thoughts without being excoriated by the woke public. 

He should have said “f*ck off, I’m not cow-towing to this crap” but he would have been buried even worse. The cracks in the narrative have started to slowly leak out. 

Things that were said to a certitude a year ago are being slowly and strategically walked back.

Let’s not lock this thread. You know what’s going on.  

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JTJet said:

Believe what you want. You're just going to continually point the finger at Rodgers no matter what. 

When the MVP puts up 10 points of offense at home as the #1 Seed there is nobody else to point it at. 

If every other unit needed to be perfect all game for them to win then what else needs to be said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He gets virtually all the credit when things go well and never gets any of the blame when things don;t.

Teflon Aaron

Plenty of examples in this thread. I guess you just have to rep Joe Rogan to get some converts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

When the MVP puts up 10 points of offense at home as the #1 Seed there is nobody else to point it at. 

If every other unit needed to be perfect all game for them to win then what else needs to be said.

When the MVP manages to score 10 points in subzero weather with wind and snow and avoid any turnovers, he shouldnt be getting the blame. 

When special teams makes two extremely glaring mistakes at home as the #1 seed that's the difference in a cold battle, what else needs to be said 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JTJet said:

When the MVP manages to score 10 points in subzero weather with wind and snow and avoid any turnovers, he shouldnt be getting the blame. 

When special teams makes two extremely glaring mistakes at home as the #1 seed that's the difference in a cold battle, what else needs to be said 

Both things can be true. Rodgers was not good. The special teams was not good. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I think his language was completely intentional based upon the political BS that’s been thrust upon this country. 

He could not state his true thoughts without being excoriated by the woke public. 

He should have said “f*ck off, I’m not cow-towing to this crap” but he would have been buried even worse. The cracks in the narrative have started to slowly leak out. 

Things that were said to a certitude a year ago are being slowly and strategically walked back.

Let’s not lock this thread. You know what’s going on.  

I'm not trying to talk about that issue.

I don't mind his open war with the Packers front office - I actually respected it.

But when it came to the issue we're not trying to debate here, he was intentionally misleading, and I lost respect for him on that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JTJet said:

When the MVP manages to score 10 points in subzero weather with wind and snow and avoid any turnovers, he shouldnt be getting the blame. 

When special teams makes two extremely glaring mistakes at home as the #1 seed that's the difference in a cold battle, what else needs to be said 

Remember how excited folks were when Mac N Cheese completed 2 passes in inclement weather?

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Both things can be true. Rodgers was not good. The special teams was not good. 

I never said Rodgers was great though. Just that he wasnt to blame. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

I'm not trying to talk about that issue.

But when it came to the issue we're not trying to debate here, he was intentionally misleading, and I lost respect for him on that. 

But THAT’S the issue. 

He was intentionally misleading because the hoards of the woke wanted to crucify him. 

When triple vaxxed Covid positive (as I am/was) doctors and nurses can still go to work and make a living but unvaccinated negative tested nurses and doctors get fired, something is messed up. 

If you are on one side of a philosophical argument (because it literally has nothing to do with “the science”) you are in the cross hairs of the woke mob. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I never said Rodgers was great though. Just that he wasnt to blame. 

You’re the two time defending MVP of the league, with home field advantage coming off a bye. Against a feckless QB in Garoppolo. Rodgers is 100% to blame. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Ehhhh. I don’t know my friend. Never bet against him.

He couldn't beat them when his team was full strength. Rams getting Akers back makes them lethal on offense and Von Miller and Aaron Donald are just clicking together now on the defensive side of the ball. These Bucs aren't even as good as the 49ers, who's the real threat to the Rams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Can you guys go 1 day without this covid discussion. Go whine on facebook nobody wants to read this on a football forum. Let's get back to agreeing Aaron Rodgers choked today.

To be fair, the “choke” crowd here started the un-vaxxed discussion.   If it’s going to be brought up, it should be addressed.  

Oh. 

And I’m not on the Facebook. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

You’re the two time defending MVP of the league, with home field advantage coming off a bye. Against a feckless QB in Garoppolo. Rodgers is 100% to blame. 

Feckless. Not a word used enough.

I like that. 

It’s like equidistant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

But THAT’S the issue. 

He was intentionally misleading because the hoards of the woke wanted to crucify him. 

When triple vaxxed Covid positive (as I am/was) doctors and nurses can still go to work and make a living but unvaccinated negative tested nurses and doctors get fired, something is messed up. 

If you are on one side of a philosophical argument (because it literally has nothing to do with “the science”) you are in the cross hairs of the woke mob. 

He didn't have to lie. He could've just said "no comment"/"it's a private decision" or went full Cole Beasley. Either route is better than the one he took, in my estimation at least.

The choice to misrepresent was strange to me, and I think he did himself a disservice. He's no longer someone that's 'eccentric, plain speaking, opinionated', now, at least to me, he comes across as duplicitous.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...