*** NFL Gameday 01/22 ***

Beerfish

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I think they’re okay with the way they went. AFC North champs and a WC win in the bank already this year.

A little fine tuning, and they’ll be a force for at least two more Jet rebuilds.

Exactly.  Having a legit QB tends to cure a lot of OL ills, or at least makes them matter a bit less.

The Bengals have gotten by this year with minimal OL investment compared to the Jets.  Jonah Williams was a high pick, but he's mostly been a pretty meh LT.  Their RT, Isaiah Prince, was a 6th round pick by the Dolphins in 2019 that Cincy claimed off waivers that year, and who opted out in 2020.  Their LG, Quinton Spain, is on his 3rd team in a 4-year period, and was a Practice Squad call-up.  Their RG, Hakeem Adeniji, was a 2020 6th round pick.  Their C, Trey Hopkins (a 2014 UDFA), is the only guy on their OL who has been a starter since prior to the 2020 season.

If the Bengals can get by with such minimal investment on the OL, then perhaps we don't need to be using a 1st round pick on an OL 3 straight years?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  Having a legit QB tends to cure a lot of OL ills, or at least makes them matter a bit less.

The Bengals have gotten by this year with minimal OL investment compared to the Jets.  Jonah Williams was a high pick, but he's mostly been a pretty meh LT.  Their RT, Isaiah Prince, was a 6th round pick by the Dolphins in 2019 that Cincy claimed off waivers that year, and who opted out in 2020.  Their LG, Quinton Spain, is on his 3rd team in a 4-year period, and was a Practice Squad call-up.  Their RG, Hakeem Adeniji, was a 2020 6th round pick.  Their C, Trey Hopkins (a 2014 UDFA), is the only guy on their OL who has been a starter since prior to the 2020 season.

If the Bengals can get by with such minimal investment on the OL, then perhaps we don't need to be using a 1st round pick on an OL 3 straight years?

Burrow might not live through this game the Jets definitely need to invest in the oline

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You say that until you realize that Burrow also lost half of his season last year due to the OL sucking

It's a mix. The OL is there to help the player get more time, but even if they suck good QBs can get by for some time. This game is proof that it won't last long, and OL will be a necessity this offseason

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Also having a WR actually catch the ball, i didn't know that was allowed.

It’s actually encouraged. 
It becomes a lot easier when the ball is in the general vicinity of said WR however. (or so I’ve been told)

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

It becomes a lot easier when the ball is in the general vicinity of said WR however. (or so I’ve been told)

Are you saying that alot of those drops weren't in the general vicinity?

We can go throw by throw. We can bet on it.

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

You say that until you realize that Burrow also lost half of his season last year due to the OL sucking

It's a mix. The OL is there to help the player get more time, but even if they suck good QBs can get by for some time. This game is proof that it won't last long, and OL will be a necessity this offseason

Sure.  I'm certainly not suggesting the Bengals should neglect the OL any further.  I'm merely suggesting that it doesn't require numerous high picks to make an OL work.  

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You could have a cfl game being played and some fing utter moron would just have to bring up their 'disdain for the jets qbing.  Not that we have nay fing utter morons around these parts