Chitmini ideas...

Bronx

40 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

At some point it will become about performance, not ability. We will see if ZW can achieve that metric... The league is littered with ex QB's who didn't.

Mike White in 4 seasons played well in one whole game.  One.

You MW people make it sound like hes some proven commodity rotting on the bench because Wilson just so happens to do everything a QB has to do better than Mike White other than Mike White had one great game on his resume.  You can rightly say that SW achieving all that we hope he can become does achieve that level of play consistently but why do think Mike White doesnt have to do the same

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

HOF'er Mike White in 4 seasons played well in one whole game.  One.

You HOF'er MW people make it sound like hes some proven commodity rotting on the bench because Wilson just so happens to do everything a QB has to do better than HOF'er Mike White other than HOF'er Mike White had one great game on his resume.  You can rightly say that SW achieving all that we hope he can become does achieve that level of play consistently but why do think HOF'er Mike White doesnt have to do the same

FTFY

Mike White should accept any decent offer, if one should occur, within a stable franchise. MW was a threat to their golden boy. ZW has had a ton of horrible games, MW had one, but ZW has no games like the MW record setting game. It's pretty simple to see, if ZW is a bust then JD looks very bad. You MW will stay buried on the bench and that washed up hack JF will be the back up; no threat of him taking your job. 

THe idea that ZW got better is debatable. They handcuffed him and ran the football.    https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4361259/zach-wilson

17 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t get the Flacco thing 

first of all, Mike white should be the backup. He earned that, IMO

But there will also be better veteran options than Flacco. I don’t get the love affair with Flacco at all 

The progress Wilson made at the end of the year is likely a lot to do with Flacco as a player/coach that brings more to the table then actual coaches do. That is why the end of Darnold’s first year masked his problems and he looked decent, because of McCown. These vet QBs are able to keep the young QBs from being reckless, since they were that way when they were young and know that these days you won’t last long as a QB being that way.

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because after watching them in practice he couldn’t have determined that Flacco was the better QB.  Because the only reason he started a QB who he believed was worse than MW was because he loves JF.  

Right now MW is looked at as a one hit wonder till he gets another chance in a game. But, Flacco being a form SB MVP still hasn’t won a game with the Jets.

6 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Right now MW is looked at as a one hit wonder till he gets another chance in a game. But, Flacco being a form SB MVP still hasn’t won a game with the Jets.

Over the years I've been watching football I've seen many instances just like this one.   Lets start with the immortal Matt Robinson.

He had a surprisingly good game, that doesnt make a career.  Add in none of us see him in practice every day.  The really dumb line of thinking is a GM and a HC who are trying as hard as possible to turn things around are benching a QB who is better than ZW just because they drafted ZW.  As if anyone would give a shlt if they were getting good QB play from the backup QB.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Over the years I've been watching football I've seen many instances just like this one.   Lets start with the immortal Matt Robinson.

He had a surprisingly good game, that doesnt make a career.  Add in none of us see him in practice every day.  The really dumb line of thinking is a GM and a HC who are trying as hard as possible to turn things around are benching a QB who is better than ZW just because they drafted ZW.  As if anyone would give a shlt if they were getting good QB play from the backup QB.

It's more dumb to think that a GM whose future employment is heavily invested in whether the guy he drafted at #2 isn't going to get every opportunity and then some whether he has earned that or not by his on field performance. Included in that is not having anyone on the roster, whether that is Mike White or any other possible competitor, who can plant a seed into the minds of media or fans that the annointed one should take a seat for a bit... yes, that's my opinion. I don't have to be right. 

2 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

It's more dumb to think that a GM whose future employment is heavily invested in whether the guy he drafted at #2 isn't going to get every opportunity and then some whether he has earned that or not by his on field performance. Included in that is not having anyone on the roster, whether that is Mike White or any other possible competitor, who can plant a seed into the minds of media or fans that the annointed one should take a seat for a bit... yes, that's my opinion. I don't have to be right. 

Except putting the guy he picked up enplane and winning wouldn't cost him his job.  

Media and fans didnt hire him and wont be the ones who fire him.  That he purged the roster of the shlt he was left and is rebuilding from the ground up has nothing to do with it.  Youre not getting Mike White because Mike White isnt a NFL starting QB in the minds of everyone at 1 Jet drive.  But in some fans minds hes Ratlif or Simms or any of the other QBs who couldn't play and they wanted to be their Romo.