Do the Titans go after Mike White in the off-season?

NYJets43

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

or dumping Herndon for "just" a 4th round pick

As bad as Mims has been and Tebow and Hack, the drop off in Herndon is one of the most puzzling things I've seen inrecent years.

He looked like he was about to be a real force.  And then he just lost it.  Sure the DUI and injuries hurt but he just disappeared.  

1 hour ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

White is a restricted free agent.  Cimini said he thinks the jets will put a second-rounder tender on him, so don't get your hopes up about getting a first-rounder.  I'd be happy if we just keep him as insurance -- i'm tired of having pathetic backup QBs who give you no shot of winning.

I will be shocked if the Jets tender him at all. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

That’s still not good man…it’s not wrong. The biggest thing is that you and many others who bring up his turnover rate don’t even mention his fumbles, which is a pretty big issue for him. 

In Tom Brady's first 3 seasons as a starter he had 36 fumbles on 3481 snaps, which is one every 96.69 snaps. I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about. 

7 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

In Tom Brady's first 3 seasons as a starter he had 36 fumbles on 3481 snaps, which is one every 96.69 snaps. I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about. 

Zach had 5 fumbles in 13 games started. 

Trevor Lawrence had 9 in 17 games

Mac Jones had 7 in 17 games. 

it’s a fact that minshew had more than whats normal. 

all I’m saying it that he fumbles more than usual and no one who praises him even mentions it. 

keep cherry picking my dude 

• WTF? 1

Both White and Flacco are UFAs in 2022. You'd think there will be a bigger market for White and Flacco easier to re-sign. Maybe the reason White didn't take a snap the rest of the year after he came back from injury etc was because if he played well they were afraid they might lose him. So the Jets could go in a different direction and sign someone new or maybe who knows sign one or both of these guys to return. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Both White and Flacco are UFAs in 2022. You'd think there will be a bigger market for White and Flacco easier to re-sign. Maybe the reason White didn't take a snap the rest of the year after he came back from injury etc was because if he played well they were afraid they might lose him. So the Jets could go in a different direction and sign someone new or maybe who knows sign one or both of these guys to return. 

White is a RFA. He only missed 1 game while healthy and Zach was out. Looking at how he played against the bills I’m guessing he wouldn’t have fared much better against another good D in the dolphins. Maybe they wanted to keep his trade value up. 

13 hours ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Really?  You think they want to roll with Flacco?  They have to know that White had some value.

Saleh was pretty clear that he wants Flacco back. Hard to imagine them paying Flacco while also giving White a $4M tender. I’d prefer it if they found a better backup than both of them. 

22 hours ago, Warfish said:

Just a question or two: 

What did Zach Wilson's four interception game display for you?

What is Zach Wilson's absolute ceiling, as you see it?

Zach’s four interception game was in his second game as a pro, against notorious rookie QB embarrasser Bill Belichick. He threw two interceptions in his third game, and then didn’t have another multiple interception game again the rest of the year. So I wouldn’t call it a defining moment the way I saw Mike White’s four interception game in his third year in the league. In his, Buffalo simply took away everything underneath and forced him to try to make intermediate level throws, and he demonstrated himself to be incapable of that. 

The only real limitation Zach has is his size. He’ll never be a Josh Allen/Big Ben type. But he has some elite level arm talent, and similar escapability - with the ability to extend plays and keep his eyes downfield. To me, his ceiling is pretty high, it’s just a matter of getting himself close to it. In that respect, he has a ways to go. He was a game manager at the end of the year and, while that was better, it’s not good enough for a franchise QB. He needs to find that gunslinger mentality again while not losing his attention to ball security.