Lost my Dog ( indeed my best friend) on my birthday to cancer

Off the grid with depression

Bought a Jeep
Became an avid Hiker
Gave up alcohol just because
Got Promoted
Discovered OBX
Learned to cook
Fell in love w/ a French Girl (w/ her 15 yr old)
Rotator Cuff Surgery
Got two cats ... might be allergic to them emoji1787.png
Engaged
Witnessed the Jets select the finest QB since OB.

The sun is shining

.... Richard Todd, Ken OBrien, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, Genope, Sam Darnold ...

You survived the hurricane.  You deserve a lot of sunshine.   

• Sympathy 1

Divorced after 15 years to a not nice woman.

Got married to an amazing woman.

Lost my dad cuz he smoked for 40+ years.

Moved 4 times.

Took on a partner at office.

Had to buy out partner cause he was an idiot.

Got 2 dogs.

Knocked up new wife so now have kid #4.

Did 847 mock drafts proving I am the best GM in the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Divorced after 15 years to a not nice woman.

Got married to an amazing woman.

Moved 4 times.

Took on a partner at office.

Had to buy out partner cause he was an idiot.

Got 2 dogs.

Knocked up new wife so now have kid #4.

Did 847 mock drafts proving I am the best GM in the game.

You' re the first guy to be honest enough to list this. It's become a disease for me.

• Upvote 1

Lost my Dad, but was able to tell him before he passed that our beloved Mets won another pennant

Watched my wife, the absolute love of my life, lose both her dad and sister, her best friend in the world and our maid of honor, within a year of one another. I think it's harder to see someone you love so deeply go through that then it is to go through it yourself.

Welcomed two beautiful, wonderful young ladies into the family as daughters in law.

Have three beautiful, healthy grandchildren, two boys and a girl, and a 4th(girl) on the way in June.

Turned 64 in December and started the process of getting ready for Medicare. Who would have thought years ago that you would actually be happy to be able to get Medicare??

Like so many, have seen this great nation almost get to the point where we truly just don't like each other. Pray every day that this stops, and soon.

Realized over time just how wonderful a place like JN can be.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 4

14 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Sitting here watching these games and hearing these crowds I started thinking about something I hadn’t before.  What all has changed in my life since the Jets last played in a playoff game?  Would love to hear others too.  This thread may suck, or it might be fun.  Maybe therapeutic. Might get to know some of you better. My list is below.

Got married.  

Switched employers  for the 1st time as an adult.  

Had 3 kids

Lost last two living grand parents 

Went back to college and finished my degree.

Bought 1st house.  Sold it.  Bought second house.  Sold it.  Bought 3rd house.  

Got snipped because I’m not buying anymore houses.

Got my first gray hairs.

Had to get glasses.

Still not 40.

Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

Great line. Really cool idea for a thread. Thanks.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Got my first girlfriend

graduated high school

graduated college

Got my first real job 

got my second real job

got engaged to said girlfriend 

promoted at said job

getting married in July 

currently house hunting

I’m 26 

Last playoff appearance I was 15 

You've got a bright future. Good luck.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jets Things said:

Myself, wife, and four kids 11 and under. We're ready to kill each other in a quarantine battle royale. 

I'm in quarantine right now, day 6. The virus itself is very unpleasant, the boredom is extreme. I'm the only one in the family who has it, so I am a lonely leper.

Makes me wish that one of the things I had actually done since the last Jets playoff game was sort out the spare bedroom.

Decent TV, comfortable bed, gaming system...nope, I got around to adding precisely none of them in here since the Sanchize era.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Had my only child

Bought a home

turned 40 (yeesh)

grew my law practice from no employees to 5

started a second business 

competed in a spartan race

Got my BJJ blue belt

Got my Krav Maga orange belt

I had to look up Spartan race because I was unfamiliar.  Probably because an item I left of my list was get in the worst shape of my life.

Any way, that’s some pretty cooL stuff!  I don’t know if I could make it through the sign up process ??

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Lost both parents, a brother and a brother-in-law to cancer.
One son got married and both moved away from Rochester (can't blame them for that)
Retired
Was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, underwent a bone marrow transplant, am in my fourth year of remission.
Lost 60 lbs.
Bought and sold 4 cars
Went to Paris twice, Italy twice, London, Germany and Austria
Joined a golf club and won a club championship (ok, it was the crappy golfer flight, but a win is a win)
Celebrated my 40th wedding anniversary
Never lost my love for the Mets, Jets and Islanders

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

This is an amazing thread concept.   Really made me think about all that went on and where Iam today.  This was a period where I hit absolute bottom in my life and in many ways today I'm in the best place I've ever been in my life.   

Got my health, my business is going well and I got remarried this year.  It's been a journey to get to today.   I'm very optimistic about what lays down the road and it's always good to look in the rear view mirror and see what you're leaving behind.   I think about the people I loved who are no longer here almost every day.   Makes me love the people who are still around even more.  Health and love hang on to both as long as you can...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Jeeze here we go:
Got engaged, married 5 years later
Sold 1 house, got another house ( now renting it. Hopefully in our forever home now
Got 2 dogs
Mom had a stroke & rehabbed in our house (fully recovered now)
Wife got a good job in the medical field, then got very sick. She battled sickness for 4 years to finally get diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease (she's doing somewhat better at the moment, it is a consant battle)
Used to be fortunate to take vacations all over Europe, now haven't had a vacation since 2017.
About to sell out my share in a business to start a new one.
Lost dear friends
Gained new friends
Still blessed to have both parents(knock on wood)
Won 1st place in a JN fantasy football league with the 12th pick.( No congratulations from anyone)
Forgetting a lot I'm sure
We're all over due for a Jet playoff game

Sent from my SM-G930V using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, section314 said:

Turned 64 in December and started the process of getting ready for Medicare. Who would have thought years ago that you would actually be happy to be able to get Medicare??

Me too... 12/25/2021 the big 64 lol...  So hit me up so we can talk about Medicare lol...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

I'm in quarantine right now, day 6. The virus itself is very unpleasant, the boredom is extreme. I'm the only one in the family who has it, so I am a lonely leper.

Makes me wish that one of the things I had actually done since the last Jets playoff game was sort out the spare bedroom.

Decent TV, comfortable bed, gaming system...nope, I got around to adding precisely none of them in here since the Sanchize era.

Your situation is not ideal. We're glad we all got it at the same time. Today is our last day. Kids are getting punted to the bus stop tomorrow morning. 

• Upvote 1