Joe Burrow and a Jet Great!

Never seen a QB hit the way they loved to hit Namath, so in terms of toughness, I think he was one of the toughest. I've always said the same thing about Marino... Namath was Marino before there was a Marino, however Marino was better than Namath in the end.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Never seen a QB hit the way they loved to hit Namath, so in terms of toughness, I think he was one of the toughest. I've always said the same thing about Marino... Namath was Marino before there was a Marino, however Marino was better than Namath in the end.

Namath had the better career though.  :)

179164875_NamathFingerWag.gif.266c5e836beec4245417d19d781046a6.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

My Dad was a big Alabama and Raiders fan.  Check out tape of Ken Sabler.  He was behind Namath and followed him at Alabama.

Kenny “the Snake” Stabler.
Legend has it he read the game plan from the light of a juke box.

He was southern cool. Namath was Hollywood.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

To me…

Burrow looks like Peyton Manning.

Confident “stroll” to the LOS.   Scanning the field pre-snap.  Barking orders and changing the plays.  

I don’t get the Manning comp at all.
I’m a huge Burrow fan, but I just don’t see it.
BTW was there ever anything as annoying as Peyton and his Omaha bulls**t on every play?

20 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

BTW was there ever anything as annoying as Peyton and his Omaha bulls**t on every play?

At least we have being huge Burrow fans in common…

7 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

At least we have being huge Burrow fans in common…

I did the same thing you have with the Bengals a few years ago only I went with the Browns when they drafted Mayfield. 
I’m torn right now. I really like Burrow, but Baker has been my guy Sooner or later I’m going to have to choose sides, lol.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Mahomes is getting close with his "One" or "Red 80" on every snap.

Although it's probably just his voice that annoys me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I did the same thing you have with the Bengals a few years ago only I went with the Browns when they drafted Mayfield. 
I’m torn right now. I really like Burrow, but Baker has been my guy Sooner or later I’m going to have to choose sides, lol.

choosing any side that doesn't have Baker as 'your guy' is the way to go. 

• Haha 3

After hearing him say the Namath/Burrow comment yesterday, I thought Terry had forgotten to take his meds.   Look Burrow won.  But all I saw most of the day was a QB who was tentative, had no idea that he needed to release the ball sooner, and took a ton of awful, drive-busting sacks.  Namath?  Please.  Give me a friggin' break.

Kenny Pickett=Joe Burrow.

So I've heard.  We should absolutley be able to trade back from 4 with someone.

Btw, his comment about what the kicker said right before he went out to kick the game winnning FG is epic. 

Also, Burrow the first QB ever to complete 70% plus in each of his first 2 playoff games.  

But he cannot keep taking 9 sacks like that. 

20 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

After hearing him say the Namath/Burrow comment yesterday, I thought Terry had forgotten to take his meds.   Look Burrow won.  But all I saw most of the day was a QB who was tentative, had no idea that he needed to release the ball sooner, and took a ton of awful, drive-busting sacks.  Namath?  Please.  Give me a friggin' break.

Burrow looked like Zach but surrounded by oodles of weapons. It is too bad the majority here never really saw Namath play, or they would realize how transcendent he was.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I know Joe Burrow.

Joe burrow is a friend of mine.

Joe Burrow is no Joe Namath.  

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

My Dad was a big Alabama and Raiders fan.  Check out tape of Ken Sabler.  He was behind Namath and followed him at Alabama.

Being a Lefty Ken Stabler and Steve Young are 2 of my favorite QBs. The Snake was a hard living good ole boy.

8 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Dan Marino reminded me of Namath more than any QB I've seen play.  

To me Marino had a better base in his body, but Namath when healthier had quicker feet.

I was really talking about this guys attitude, reminds me of Namath.

But in truth Marino was otherworldly to me. I was saying talent was wise Marino's arm talent was as good as I've ever seen and Im an Otto Graham fan so I look at QBs in the NFL closely....

That is why when folks were saying that Zach reminded them of Marino I said hold off pilgrim... :)