Alabama OL Evan Neal vs 6 Other Prospects at #4?

Evan Neal vs......  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Alabama OL Evan Neal vs Oregon Edge Kayvon Thibodeaux at #4, who would you pick?

• Neal in a heartbeat, every time
    • Neal, but not an easy decision
    • Tough Choice, can't go wrong either way - flip a coin
    • Thibodeaux, but not an easy decision
    • Thibodeaux in a heartbeat, every time
  2. 2. Alabama OL Evan Neal vs Michigan DE Aidan Hutchinson at #4, who would you pick?

• Hutchinson , but not an easy decision
    • Hutchinson in a heartbeat, every time
  3. 3. Alabama OL Evan Neal vs Purdue Edge George Karlaftis at #4, who would you pick?

• Karlaftis, but not an easy decision
    • Karlaftis in a heartbeat, every time
  4. 4. Alabama OL Evan Neal vs Notre Dame DB Kyle Hamilton at #4, who would you pick?

• Hamilton, but not an easy decision
    • Hamilton in a heartbeat, every time
  5. 5. Alabama OL Evan Neal vs Mississippi St. OL Charles Cross at #4, who would you pick?

• Cross, but not an easy decision
    • Cross in a heartbeat, every time
  6. 6. Alabama OL Evan Neal vs LSU CB Derek Stingley Jr. at #4, who would you pick?

• Stingley, but not an easy decision
    • Stingley in a heartbeat, every time

5 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

If you invest a 4th overall pick on a T. He better be your starting LT. Make everyone else do the shuffle around. 

I don't think he needs to start day one at Tackle. Id be good with him starting at guard and kicking out to tackle year two or after depending on our future needs.

I'm kind of trending toward Icky Eckwonu over Neal, but I think I'd take one of them over any of the DBs. Charles Cross also feels like a D'Brick type that is LT or bust, so I'd only take him if the feeling was that Becton is not the guy at LT. Neal and Eckwonu seem to have more versatility.

Would def take Hutchinson or Thibedeoux if they fell over any OL though.

I want to see how Karlaftis tests -- there aren't many players where I feel like the combine is more important than for him. 

39 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

If you invest a 4th overall pick on a T. He better be your starting LT. Make everyone else do the shuffle around. 

I'm not sure I agree with this at least for this year. With a #4 and #10, sans a trade down, they should be looked at as a tandem. As long as both picks get us strong starters at two positions of need, we've done well. Scherff and Nelson come to mind.

Ekwonu is not a wasted pick at 4, and he doesn't have to be your starting LT if picked there. He could very well be the starting RG because of his versatility then move to LT or RT when Fant is no longer on the team. He's insurance for both Becton and Moses. Becton in case of injury, and Moses in case we don't sign him.

The only way I'm not picking him at 4 is if we extend Fant and resign Moses. Then I'd go with a RG in 2nd or 3rd round.

• Upvote 1

Neal would be a boring pick that we hated at the time but wouldn't mind in the future if he gave us a D'Bricklike career. Picks one through five should be perennial pro-bowlers who are in the conversation for the hall of fame when their career is over. If that guy isn't there, trade down. I'm not crying if we trade down multiple times in the first round and end up with Linderbaum and a WR in round one plus additional day two picks. The argument is that you don't want too many rookies starting at the same time. My counter argument is that AVT, Elijah Moore, and Michael Carter types starting at the same time would make the 2022 season a lot of fun. 

• Upvote 1