Rogers legacy

Shelbyblue

8 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Individually, top 3 QB of all time but the lack of championships drops him into the Brees, Favre tier and out of the Brady, Montana tier.

right there with Marino. Talented, but nit enough to get multiple champpionships.  In Marino's case, even one.

Similar career trajectory to Marino

Tons of individual greatness week in and week out coupled with one SB appearance early in his career, questionable playoff performances, and bitterly disappointing playoff losses. 

The difference is that AR got the victory in his lone SB appearance. However, Marino lost to one of the greatest teams in NFL history (84 niners) and AR beat the 2010 Steelers (meh). 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Dan Marino, Jim Kelly but with a win rather than a loss.  That's where he should be.

Jim Kelly is a good avatar but I don't see Rogers becoming beloved forever in GB like Kelly will always be in Buff.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Icer said:

He's a bigger playoff choker than Peyton Manning, and they killed him for that for years

He’s gotten a pass for years because of the early SB win, but he’s honestly had more brutal playoff losses than Manning, which is saying something. 

He’s lost three times in his own building as the top seed in the conference and lost a double digit 4th quarter lead in the NFC title game. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Marino was a hell of a QB. In that era no QB scared me as much as him. The reason he didn’t win any Super Bowls was he didn’t have a great team. He Duper and Clayton, great receivers, but for the most part they had no defense or running game when he played.

He also had some bad individual performances in the playoffs, but I agree 

8 minutes ago, Icer said:

He's a bigger playoff choker than Peyton Manning, and they killed him for that for years

Peyton was the biggest playoff choke artist ever, until Rodgers decided to give him a run for his money.
His career is the perfect comp for Rodgers. I thought of this earlier today when @RoadFan compared Manning and Burrow ( which I don’t see at all). Both played for teams that dominated lousy divisions, then spit the bit in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He’s gotten a pass for years because of the early SB win, but he’s honestly had more brutal playoff losses than Manning, which is saying something. 

He’s lost three times in his own building as the top seed in the conference and lost a double digit 4th quarter lead in the NFC title game. 

I don’t know about that… Peyton had some brutal early losses. Denver carrying him to a second ring really helped his legacy a lot. Same with Elway.

Rodgers had a similar brady type deal his last season in NE with GB to get him into camp this year.  he was a good soldier but he is done in GB.

9 of 10 teams would love to have him walk into their building next year as their starting QB. He will have his choice and I see him making a similar choice that TB made.  All the pieces are there and they just need the man to lead them.

I dont think last night did anything to tarnish him.  I didnt watch the game thinking Rodgers is blowing this and I was surprised at his QB rating.

• Upvote 2

Packers had two HOF QB's spanning the last 30 years and only 2 superbowls to show for it. I'd kill for the same thing but when you're supposed to be title town that has to be a let down.

His lack of rings definitely knocks down his legacy but if you were picking a QB for 2 seasons how many NFL QB's are you even considering taking over Rodgers?

• Upvote 1