Rogers legacy

13 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don’t rank Rogers over Montana. My point was individually/statistically Rogers is definitely one of the best.

But a full legacy of a QB need to include winning so I don’t put Rogers over Montana or Bradshaw or even Staubach

Marino wins multiple SB with Rodgers teams.  Rodgers has played on very good teams his entire career.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I give the weather and SF awesome D more credit for that than Rogers playing badly. I mean im theb4th qrt, it was like an ice rink out there. 

Deebo Samuel had no problem running and cutting. It is 2022.  Fields are not skating rinks when it is cold and flurrying anymore.  Stop making excuses.  Three points in 56 minutes.  Tie game and the ball with 4 minutes left. Rodgers did not get it done.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

Your thoughts?

I'll remember him as an Anti-Vaxxing Q-anon guy, because it seems lately that is what he wants.

Then I'll remember him as a pretty great regular season QB who just couldn't get it done when it counted most of the time, and constantly blamed others for it.

He's a Marty Shottenheimer of great QB's.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Deebo Samuel had no problem running and cutting. It is 2022.  Fields are not skating rinks when it is cold and flurrying anymore.  Stop making excuses.  Three points in 56 minutes.  Tie game and the ball with 4 minutes left. Rodgers did not get it done.

Smauel cuaght 3 passes the entire game.  Anyone who thinks GB ST did not lose that game is retarded. Punt the ball and don't allow a block for a TD. SF O was worse than GB. Garapolo was 11 for 19, no TD and a pick, Rogers was 20 for 29 225 and no TD. Niether QB played well due to the comditions. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

One of the best to ever do it.  

If true--

• Either Brady has DRAMATICALLY distorted the view of success at the position
  • Or "the moment" is too big for Rodgers. He's taken GB to the playoffs 80% of the time? Come up short too often

31 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If true--

• Either Brady has DRAMATICALLY distorted the view of success at the position
  • Or "the moment" is too big for Rodgers. He's taken GB to the playoffs 80% of the time? Come up short too often

Brady’s success prob will never happen again. You can never compare that to other QBs. 
Sure he’s come up short but doesn’t throw out everything he’s done. Super bowl, MVPs, numbers are insane, all pros, records. I mean. Cmon. 

6 hours ago, FootballLove said:

GBs special teams lost this one. Getting a short FB blocked, AND having punt blocked and ran back for 7 killed them in a tight game.

Using a 1st round pick on a backup QB aside, this game kind of shows how hard it is to pay/field a solid team when you're paying one guy over $47m/yr.

edit: Please let me expound. Teams paying 2nd (and beyond) contracts to their FQB spend 25% of their entire salary cap to one single player. Their FQB. Compare that to teams like the Jets, Bengals, etal paying their QBs rookie deals in the $8-9/yr range. This gives teams like (us) AN EXTRA $37 MILLION DOLLARS of cap space to build in each grouping. Oline needs a playmaker? SIGN HIM. Offense needs another true #1 WR? SIGN HIM. Top TE? SIGN HIM. Back up players who kill themselves on special teams needs an extra $10m to sign some great gunners, kick returners, kicker? SIGN THEM UP! This is why it's SOOO important for teams with their QB on a rookie contract to over-extend in other areas with the best players available and GO FOR IT NOW, like the Bengals and Jets...DOIT!

We NEED JD to spend on FA and pick as many (future) high cost, top talent men as humanly possible to force our team further up the totem pole than otherwise possible.

We have a budding FQB on his rookie deal and $37 million EXTRA cap dollars to get the right men in here NOW.

**** the 'slow build'.

I want a pressure cooker.

DOIT JD...DOIT!

• Upvote 1

That was Rodger’s first home loss since his last playoff loss to the Bucs.

He’s a regular season guy and he knows it. Doesn’t stop him from blaming everyone around him. It’s gonna be special teams this time.

That say, there’s no question he’s one of the best QBs in NFL history. He has effortless accuracy and range when it doesn’t matter. When it does, he chokes. And I think when he chokes, the rest of his team does.

He may be playing on a great team, but Jordan Love is not going to win in Green Bay.

I think the Rodgers Peyton Manning comparable are good.   However the reasoning that their legacy is tarnished by these playoff losses is faulty.  Let’s consider both so we’re so damn amazing that they single handedly carried their teams to great regular season with otherwise mediocre teams.  Then they match up against stronger teams in the post season and they can’t do it alone.   Take both off their teams over all the regular seasons they dominated and their teams literally win 2-4 games a year and idea of losing important home playoff games nothing but a fantasy. 

12 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

Considers the greatest next to Brady, the results don’t come close. Having home field and a good defense this year this really puts a damper on his legacy and I don’t see him returning. Your thoughts?

Most talented arm this league has ever seen. Dude’s played almost 20 years and has 93 career picks. He hasn’t thrown double digit picks in over a decade. miss me with the team achievement stuff.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, slimjasi said:

He’s gotten a pass for years because of the early SB win, but he’s honestly had more brutal playoff losses than Manning, which is saying something. 

He’s lost three times in his own building as the top seed in the conference and lost a double digit 4th quarter lead in the NFC title game. 

And most of his brutal playoff losses weren't against Tom Brady.   He lost one to Jimmy G and to Eli at home.  Payton lost a lot of playoff games Brady/Belicheck talent, coaching and doing whatever it takes to get an edge.