*** NFL Gameday 01/23 ***

Beerfish

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Dolphins consistently get crushed for taking Tua over Herbert.  By the national media too.  Relentlessly.

How come you never here anyone crushing us for taking Darnold over Allen.

Because the Jets have a history of not supporting young QB’s. They consistenly do the exact opposite of what you’d do if your goal was to support and develop your QB. To Douglas credit, he’s made it a priority to use high draft picks on offense. 

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

Because the Jets have a history of not supporting young QB’s. They consistenly do the exact opposite of what you’d do if your goal was to support and develop your QB. To Douglas credit, he’s made it a priority to use high draft picks on offense. 

Not popular in here but the national narrative about the Jets is the Jets ruin young QBs, not that they draft the wrong one. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Damn. How did I forget OJ? I just had a discussion with friends a few days ago, and I had him as the best RB ever.

Buck is a good call also, but Dawson was their Namath.

They had a lot of great players on both sides of the ball.  Really well coached also. Buck was a monster. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thats not true.  The Browns and Giants didnt think that.

And most people before the draft thought tua was better then herbert.

Everything is seen leading up to that draft was darnold was going number 1 until everyone was shocked that browns took baker. Giants never taking a qb. 

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I keep hearing that LB is not a premium position in today's NFL.  Then I watch games, and see guys like Nick Bolton making plays all over the field.  We need a guy like that.

There is a reason the 49ers pay Fred Warner bank.  This D needs a great edge and a great MLB who has the cover skills of a nickel.  If they think Dean is that guy he won’t make it past 10.  

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

I keep hearing that LB is not a premium position in today's NFL.  Then I watch games, and see guys like Nick Bolton making plays all over the field.  We need a guy like that.

I’m happy with signing a top LB in free agency or using a 2nd rounder on one. Top ten pick, not so much.