*** NFL Gameday 01/23 ***

Beerfish

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Can someone tell me how these teams are soooo loaded with talent and all I hear about is how we have to play hardball with Braxton Berrios?

I think we need to stop with worrying about the cap so much and build an F-ing roster that can win. 

Because they draft well and when they become competitive, they trade for or can lure good free agents to sign. Most good free agents sign with better teams because it’ll keep their value in tact. Very few good FA’s will sign will bottom feeders  unless the contract is so much richer than the better team can offer.

1 minute ago, johnnyjet said:

If you don’t live in NY/NJ/CT pizza is trash. So they do

Exactly.

Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, plus all sorts of sh*tty chain places throughout the midwest, down south..... and rural America where there aren't strip malls everywhere with mom and pops.

You all wouldn't believe some of the "pizza" that has shown up at parties I've been at when moving around the country... just awful.

Can someone tell me how these teams are soooo loaded with talent and all I hear about is how we have to play hardball with Braxton Berrios?
I think we need to stop with worrying about the cap so much and build an F-ing roster that can win. 
This is my vote for post of the year... and also so true

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Exactly.

Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, plus all sorts of sh*tty chain places throughout the midwest, down south..... and rural America where there aren't strip malls everywhere with mom and pops.

You all wouldn't believe some of the "pizza" that has shown up at parties I've been at when moving around the country... just awful.

And sometimes they cut the pizza funny

round pie cut in squares, or 16 slices. Lol. 

clowns 

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

KC literally lost the SB last year because of how many hits Mahomes took. It's why they re-tooled their OL and removed some of the designed runs from their playbook. Allen just has more designed runs still, because he hasn't limped around a SB and had his coaching staff's buttholes cinch up.

"Scrambler" vs. "running QB" is irrelevant hair-splitting. Any given hit can shorten a career. 

I def. have no interest in fighting with you about this...

But QB's that run with the ball more often get hurt more often....

Mahomes does not rush for a lot of yards.....That's not a major part of his game.  Getting sacked a lot in the Super Bowl is not the point.

Just now, johnnyjet said:

And sometimes they cut the pizza funny

round pie cut in squares, or 16 slices. Lol. 

clowns 

YES! 

I've also had pizza in Indiana that was like a saltine with ketchup and poor quality mozz ... .and they cut it in strips ..... wtf

I'll be honest, the artisan flatbreads of the west coach, the deep dish in Chicago, and the Sicilian and Neapolitan varieties of the northeast are all great - and you learn not to debate them when the real enemy is this other sh*t that is out there

deep dish is great - i call it pizza lasagna - love it for what it is, not what it isn't

hate the other stuff

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I def. have no interest in fighting with you about this...

But QB's that run with the ball more often get hurt more often....

Mahomes does not rush for a lot of yards.....That's not a major part of his game.  Getting sacked a lot in the Super Bowl is not the point.

There isn't an argument to be had. You're just saying things - the bold really has no supporting evidence.

Jimmy Garappolo is probably one of the most often injured QBs of the last 3 years. Never runs.

Josh Allen is not. Runs a lot.

QBs that get hurt more often, get hurt more often. Running hasn't shown to have a ton to do with it. Most of the QB injuries we see are related to hits behind the line of scrimmage, tbh. You are perpetuating something that is mostly a dated myth. 

Another example.. Big Ben, not a "runner" but definitely a scrambler. Hurt all the time. However, built like Josh Allen so he plays through it. Everything we've watched in the league the last 20+ years pretty much invalidates your point.

• Post of the Week 2